Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Yeah, 11PM. I could study for my very important exams.

But Elder Scrolls.

dbp.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFLLL3HMf7.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Skerries wrote: »

:D

Can't stop watching, got a good laugh out of that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I have a key going if anybody wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My key is up for grabs, PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Will be playing tonight.
    But so far, I have heard very mixed reviews from people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ye ive heard the same mixed reviews,hopin this weekend will help me decide if its for me or not.

Id have prefered a game in the vane of oblivion and skyrim but I do love the lore in the elder scrolls so hoping ill like it

I read somewhere they spent nearly €200 million developing this game!! Bethesda/Zenimax better hope its not a flop.

Biggest problem I have is I dont like the subscription business model:(

I have been in since 9 so it must have started early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Not impressed.

Combat is just too lifeless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ye ive heard the same mixed reviews,hopin this weekend will help me decide if its for me or not.

Id have prefered a game in the vane of oblivion and skyrim but I do love the lore in the elder scrolls so hoping ill like it

I read somewhere they spent nearly €200 million developing this game!! Bethesda/Zenimax better hope its not a flop.

Biggest problem I have is I dont like the subscription business model:(

****kkkkkkk 200million :eek:?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

• Advertisement

Any way to change the controls??

Edit: fixed, must have been a bug from earlier.

So far.....not sure, will give it time...

Does anyone else see a copy of their username/character name on all the walls and settings?

Any way to change the controls??

Edit: fixed, must have been a bug from earlier.

So far.....not sure, will give it time...

Does anyone else see a copy of their username/character name on all the walls and settings?

Yep. I imagine that is so that if we circulate videos or images of the beta, we will be caught and our accounts banned.
    I did read a warning that we are not allowed to disclose information on what is in the beta or reproduce any of the content ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thats so if you post any screenshots they will know who did it.

how do you get to the island for Iziad quest?

Anyone else getting an odd Ian McKellen vibe off the Prophet?

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Anyone else getting an odd Ian McKellen vibe off the Prophet?

I thought it was Michael Gambon. I am expecting him to say "Harry Potter" at some point.

And did I hear John Cleese as the guy with the pot on his head?

And im liking the game so far. Spent over an hour, going back and forth looting 4 chests again and again....odd.

I thought it was Michael Gambon.

And im liking the game so far. Spent over an hour, going back and forth looting 4 chests again and again....odd.

No clue, volume was down low for some reason! Knackered and up early in the morning so I've logged out. Guess that means I don't like it that much. At the very least, it feels nothing like an MMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I like it... except for all these other fools ruining my fun. Sleep now, moar in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

I thought it was Michael Gambon. I am expecting him to say "Harry Potter" at some point.

Yes. Michael Gambon and John Cleese are voice acting. Not sure about this. I know it's only beta but not pushed about going back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's alright, not amazing, but it's good.

Pros:
    1) Characters actually feel connected to the ground when playing, often MMO's (Rift, AoC, SWTOR) have poor controls and don't feel like they are part of the world.

2) Combat controls are simple and neat. I don't see a massive need for tonnes of binds, eg WoW.

3) Probably able to play as a single player too, or at least no massive need for huge guilds.

4) Graphics are good, load times are surprisingly fast too.

Cons:
    1) Levelling seems a tad slow.

2) Crafting system is a bit too complicated and lacks a decent comparison to currently equipped gear.

3) No Hide Helm option makes me sad!

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's alright, not amazing, but it's good.

Pros:
    1) Characters actually feel connected to the ground when playing, often MMO's (Rift, AoC, SWTOR) have poor controls and don't feel like they are part of the world.

2) Combat controls are simple and neat. I don't see a massive need for tonnes of binds, eg WoW.

3) Probably able to play as a single player too, or at least no massive need for huge guilds.

4) Graphics are good, load times are surprisingly fast too.

Cons:
    1) Levelling seems a tad slow.

2) Crafting system is a bit too complicated and lacks a decent comparison to currently equipped gear.

3) No Hide Helm option makes me sad!

I agree with most of what you say. I found myself just wandering around and enjoying it. Does have an 'Oblivion' feel to it.

No hide helm? Put that down as an issue, sure its an easy fix.

I agree with most of what you say. I found myself just wandering around and enjoying it. Does have an 'Oblivion' feel to it.

No hide helm? Put that down as an issue, sure its an easy fix.

I don't think they will offer it tbh.

Oblivion and Skyrim both had no hide helm option, which was asked for constantly, especially in Skyrim.
    I'm saddened there's no signs of Cloaks so far, they were a massive plus for PC gamers in Skyrim thanks to the modding community, and with 1,159,538 unique downloads, there's obviously a big demand for it.

The look of the Pact starting zones is really good though, I spent loads of time just wandering around and enjoying the view.

I do however, really really hope that Bethesda don't just focus on the MMO from now on, when their roots come from the amazing single player games with incredible immersion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Anyone else unable to log in now? Stuck on the character load screen, just loading and loading and nothing.

Took a while,

then an error came up, I clicked on 'ignore' then loaded up straight away.

Edit: 3pm. No longer able to log in, maybe the Beta is finished? (error: 201)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Glebee wrote: »
    Yes. Michael Gambon and John Cleese are voice acting. Not sure about this. I know it's only beta but not pushed about going back for more.

Femshep was an early voice too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

One of the first things i look at in an MMO is the combat and sadly ESO just like Skyrim has crap melee combat but ranged is okay.
    Granted i only played 1 hour but it hasnt come anywhere near to getting my attention to want to log in again this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I played it till i got of the starting island i was on, so around lvl 7 i think i was, Yea its really just bleh looks nice, it seems like another swotor hype sales nab as much monthly fee's as they can before it goes f2p and runs on a skeleton crew.

Combat needs a lot of work, caster wasnt to bad, melee guy was like hitting thin air, yea shame really what a waste of another great franchise that could have made an interesting mmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I do however, really really hope that Bethesda don't just focus on the MMO from now on, when their roots come from the amazing single player games with incredible immersion.
    RopeDrink wrote: »

Managed to play last night without a hitch - Today it's just nightmarish and, to be quite honest, I don't really care - Which is a shame given I quite enjoyed all Bethesda games as far back as Battlespire all the way to Skyrim.

Fans, give it a try... If you're not a fan of Bethesda's previous work and/or MMO's, avoid like the plague.

Bethesda have nothing to do with this thankfully!

ESO is being developed by Zenimax Online Studios which is a subsidiary of Zenimax Media Inc formed solely to develop ESO. Bethesda Game Studios has nothing to do with this disaster and they should hopefully be working away on another great single player game:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Online_Studios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Does it use the hero engine?

• Advertisement

Bethesda have nothing to do with this thankfully!

ESO is being developed by Zenimax Online Studios which is a subsidiary of Zenimax Media Inc formed solely to develop ESO. Bethesda Game Studios has nothing to do with this disaster and they should hopefully be working away on another great single player game:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Online_Studios

In a way that makes it worse, Bethesda didn't even bother to make our themselves.

The only plus side is that it's more likely that they'll make an actual sequel game.

Advertisement