Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yeah there's not a whole lot difference that I could see with the combat

The combat cannot be compared to Skyrim. The hit boxes in ESO are massive. In Skyrim I could target the head and actually hit it, the arrow sticking out when they died. In ESO when you aim in the general vicinity you hit them. For example, I targeted two feet to the left and still hit the target. I'm sure they can shrink them down but it doesn't bode well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I didn't get to try any magic or ranged weapons at all, just went in swinging. I'm fairly sure it was dumbed down so people could get through the Beta easier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

danthefan wrote: »
    I think there's been deals on Steam where you got EVE and the free trial period for €5. A lot way from €55.

Eve is free to start and you get a two week trial period, you can then upgrade to a full subscription account. Maybe the five was for a free month?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I didn't get to try any magic or ranged weapons at all, just went in swinging. I'm fairly sure it was dumbed down so people could get through the Beta easier though.

Hardly?
    That would be a truely idiotic thing to do.
    Either the combat is not finished yet or it is complete,either way it would be foolish to dumb it down for the sake of people getting through a beta easily,seems a strange reason to me?
    Most playing the beta would have been keen mmo players, no need for any dumbing down for such players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dcully wrote: »
    Most playing the beta would have been keen mmo players, no need for any dumbing down for such players.

Haha, yeah...MMO players, the true elite of the gaming world :pac:

*farms NPCs for five hours, poops into sock*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

So it's full price on purchase, then a sub, and what's this I'm hearing about an entire race being locked behind a paywall?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So it's full price on purchase, then a sub, and what's this I'm hearing about an entire race being locked behind a paywall?
    Premium box only; and it's a race that was suppose to be the enemy to all other races but now can join any of the three factions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Honestly still in two minds about this game.

I still play Skyrim now and again, (one of my top10 games of the last ten years)

Now I know that an online game could not have the depth or scope of Skyrim, but I just felt that something was missing, maps came off as small, and just not sure.

In saying that, I did enjoy the beta for the most part (when I could log in)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Zillah wrote: »
    Haha, yeah...MMO players, the true elite of the gaming world :pac:

*farms NPCs for five hours, poops into sock*

Looks like you got the whole mmo thing down to a tee lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Nody wrote: »
    Premium box only; and it's a race that was suppose to be the enemy to all other races but now can join any of the three factions...

For a full price game that's also asking for a sub I find crap like that ridiculous! I can see this game following in the steps of the old republic fairly lively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Nody wrote: »

So, buy the game (I assume you get a month free for that?), pay a monthly sub, have a cash shop in-game as well, and if you fancy, pay extra to get a race only available to those who shell out?

That's all kinds of crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Pay up front and then a sub is one thing that I don't mind too much as id rather have a system where everyone's on the same level and cant pay to get ahead but hearing about a cash shop and other exclusive stuff like this new race if you pre-order is a bit messed up there going for every type of payment model there is out there and just mashing it all into one for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

IgsTer wrote: »
    Pay up front and then a sub is one thing that I don't mind too much as id rather have a system where everyone's on the same level and cant pay to get ahead but hearing about a cash shop and other exclusive stuff like this new race if you pre-order is a bit messed up there going for every type of payment model there is out there and just mashing it all into one for this game

Who wants to be an imperial anyway? so vanilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Seems like they are getting a bit too big for their boots with this 8 different cash model approach. I have a feeling though, they will backtrack on the sub fairly sharpish and make it out as if theyre giving a great deal and they care loads about their customers. (shades of xbox and their 180 over drms)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i can see that happening too, shortly after launch if the recent beta is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

For anyone who doesn't have a key yet, curse.com are giving away half a million beta keys for next weekends stress test.

They're available to claim from tomorrow for non-premium members, link for more info.

I'll be really surprised if all the keys are claimed, and I kinda hope they aren't, I'd like to get in and play the game this weekend to some extent, don't see that happening if there's half a million people hammering on the servers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Downloading the client atm,how big is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I got another Beta Key if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Curse keys available now, Still some left at the time of this post.

http://www.curse.com/betas/teso-beta-key-giveaway

Oh man! i cant wait for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Downloading the client atm,how big is it?

about 22GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Does it feel like Skyrim or does it feel like WoW?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Does it feel like Skyrim or does it feel like WoW?

It feels like Skyrim you dont usually have to nurse cooldowns, Everything is the same except all the other people running around.
    Mission structure is the same. Leveling is again the same except now you upgrade your chosen race, profession, your chosen weapon and your chosen gear. Later when you join guilds these too can be upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Loving this game even the slow start in the newb areas. It's an MMO, but a very polished one. I hate the term WoW clone as WoW itself was a clone of games that went before it and frankly if you want to start that crap every game has pixels so everything is a pong clone.

It has it's issues, not least people are very price sensitive, personally having been playing MMOs since before 2000 I've spent silly amounts of money on them, but then frankly I've spent more on beer and girls so really you pays ya money and ya takes your fun. If it's not fun don't play it.

Personally it'll tide me over until Star Citizen hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just pre ordered on ps4 today, would like to PC this one but I haven't owned a PC for about 10 years now ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Daedric prince looking to drag the world into his own version of hell?? They've ran this story before I think. I just hope there are no Oblivion gates.

But where else will you get some bloodgrass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Is there a beta test this weekend? I played the beta 2 months ago and wasn't that impressed, would like to give it another go to see if I change my mind and pick this up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Is there a beta test this weekend? I played the beta 2 months ago and wasn't that impressed, would like to give it another go to see if I change my mind and pick this up

Launches tomorrow for early access. WW launch on the 4th, so no more beta for PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Just out of interest did anyone pre-order the CE from Gamestop? Mine has not dispatched yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So who's playing this?

I'm tempted to pick up a copy of this for myself, as I've loved the TES games since Morrowind.

I played on the Beta weekends and wasn't massively blown away, but as I'm finally tiring of Skyrim after some 500 hours of play I wouldn't mind a change.

I played WoW for many years, and have no intention of going back into serious gaming with day long plays, but how is it from a more relaxed and lore based point of view?

I've read up some reviews online, but I'm always dubious about them and would prefer some direct input from the gamers here.

GameMonkey is doing it for €25 with a months gametime too, so it looks like a good price for it.

Advertisement