Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carried module(s) from undergrad- Masters acceptance

Options
  • 03-05-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Just trying to find out if what people have told me is true. I heard that if you get an offer for a masters before you finish your undergrad and then you fail one or two of your final exams of your undergrad degree you would still be able to start your masters and then just repeat the failed ones while doing your masters?
    sorry if this isn't clear

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Sounds quite unlikely I have to say. I've never heard of it happening, that's the whole idea of conditional offers. The only way I could imagine this being even vaguely possible is if you are undertaking the Masters in the exact same department in the exact same university as your undergraduate degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

If you don't complete your credits, you don't get your degree (i.e. until you repeat) and post-grad, by its very nature, is post-graduate studies, so I would be very surprised if a final year repeat student was accepted on to a post-grad course.

Advertisement