Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made red pesto

Options
  • 03-05-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Our house have gone mad on pasta with red pesto. The pesto we like is pretty expensive and I have to drive a bit to get it in one particular deli counter.
    Would anyone have any recipe so that I could try and make it myself ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Theres a lovely recipie here that I use a lot.

If its good enough for the Munster team its good enough for me ;):D

http://italianfoodies.ie/2009/04/19/spaghetti-with-red-pesto/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

That looks really good. Could I just ask you how you roast the pine nuts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Just put them in a flat pan with a tiny sprinkle of salt and a drizzle of olive oil and cook them in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. (I use a glass pie dish)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Put the pine nuts in a medium hot cast-iron skillet (no oil needed). The object is to heat them sufficiently to release the oils and aroma, so about a minute ot two in the pan is sufficient. Toss them occasionally to keep them from sticking to the pan. Burnt pine nuts are bitter and will ruin the pesto. You are supposed to toast not roast the pine nuts.

Advertisement