Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 screen replacement ?!

• 03-05-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Any help people, just smashed my beloved iPhones screen. So annoyed that I let it fall and that it actually cracked. Any help appreciated. I'm in the minster area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

Is there anywhere other then Dublin that fixes it though

Is AppleCare.ie legit?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

talkin wrote: »
    Is AppleCare.ie legit?

No, total scam.

Really or sarcasm! Hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, seriously, it's a scam. Free pickup, free evaluation, free return. No Irish address. Offering LCD replacement on Mac Pros (which don't have a screen). Using Apple's name for its extended warranty to mislead people. Plus, despite having branches all over the country, I've never heard of them.

But maybe I'm wrong. Sure send it off and let us know how you get on. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

Tech Solutions On the North Circular Road can replace Iphone screens. Your best bet would be to drop it in to them and see what they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Tech Solutions On the North Circular Road can replace Iphone screens. Your best bet would be to drop it in to them and see what they say

He's not in Dublin.
    An iphone 4 screen costs anywhere from €60-€200 depending on where you bring it and what parts they are using

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

My 4s fell out of the pocket today front screen smashed. Had a look around the web got all sorts of prices. Ending up going with syncron.ie for 55 euro in and out in half hour. George was the bloke who look after me top bloke and great job.

I do not know these people personally.

see its so hard to tell whos gonna use the proper parts etc. im not an expert but im sure if somebody got it done and it wasnt an apple screen it'd crack more easily. even though it did actually crack or should i say smashed easily!

• Advertisement
Advertisement