Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apparently Al-Qaeda had planned to convert the Irish to Islam!

• 03-05-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

AL-QAEDA’S MAIN SPOKESMAN in the United States was preparing a message to the people of Ireland in an attempt to encourage the country to convert to Islam, new documents have revealed.

A series of documents seized during the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, which have been published by the Combating Terrorism Center, include a letter to bin Laden written by Adam Gadahn outlining his attempts to convert Europe.

“I was… starting to prepare a message to the Irish,” the translated letter, dated August 2010, reads.

"This was after I noticed the sympathy of the Irish people to the Palestinian issue, and the soft treatment by the Irish Judicial system of the Muslims accused of terrorism, and also not participating with its troops in Bush’s Crusade wars (although it is participating within the European Union forces in training the Somali army)."

http://www.thejournal.ie/al-qaeda-planned-message-to-convert-ireland-to-islam-439219-May2012/

This actually gave me a giggle.

I'm sure those of a hard-right persuasion will use it to their advantage

Comments

Hands off our breakfast rolls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'll never forgive them for what they did to The Loveboat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

الإسلام؟ بالتأكيد سيكون الكبرى.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Doesn't matter we'd be Lapsed Muslims within a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

**** that. We couldnt have anymore breakfast rolls if we converted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Yeah, it would have died on it's arse the second they tried to **** with our booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

bit fúckin' optimistic.

it reminds me a a bumper sticker I saw in America.

Islam, because Christianity isn't retarded enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

But you can bet your life 84% of us would tick it next time round for the census

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I dont want anyone to begin stoning anyone until I blow this whistle

even if they do say Mohammed

But you can bet your life 84% of us would tick it next time round for the census

Doesn't bother me I'm a Jedi Knight :D

• Advertisement

The re-edited version of Father Ted just wouldn't be the same.

"What do you think Imam Jack?"

"Arse! Feck! Blink! Twirls!"

The girls round my way would still manage to show their Muffin Bellies in a Burka

There'd also be a stack of one/no handed Developers & Bankers about :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Am I the only one that would have liked to see the video? I'm imagining that it would be reminiscent of a cheesy 70's infomercial... 1870's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We were easily led by the catholic church, easily led by whatever **** the Sunday World fed us, easily led by.... you get the idea. Why wouldn't we be easily led by Islam?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

الإسلام؟ بالتأكيد سيكون الكبرى.

Pics of GTFO.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    We were easily led by the catholic church, easily led by whatever **** the Sunday World fed us, easily led by.... you get the idea. Why wouldn't we be easily led by Islam?

Whatever about being easily led by Islam, I think I'd afford the majority of Irish people enough trust not to be led by fundamentalist Islamic terrorists.

But maybe I'm just naive :pac:

Whatever about being easily led by Islam, I think I'd afford the majority of Irish people enough trust not to be led by fundamentalist Islamic terrorists.

What if they fixed the roads?

What if they fixed the roads?

Where do I sign?!

Where do I sign?!

At the end of the list of other signees! If you can find the end of the list...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Lumbo wrote: »
    Nice
    Slut

I knew I was revealing too much :(.

Time for Plan B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Hmmm :cool:

Pádraig Hassán Al-Shaughnessy: Next Al Qaeda leader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Your Naive!
    84% of Irish claim to be Catholics, that is the flock of Cardinal sean Brady a so called "man" who facilitated the abuse of Fr.Brendan Smyth for 12 years....better they were Muslims, but as for being easily led ,well they willingly support a pimper of paedophilia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They just need to infiltrate each family with a muslim mammy, they control the census.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Maybe it was this what gave him the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They'll clinch it if they promise to give you a sh1tload of virgins before you die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They'll clinch it if they promise to give you a sh1tload of virgins before you die.
    And the RCC already have that sewn up here, too.

All for Silas... All for Silas....
    ejmaztec wrote: »

I can give you a sh1tload of virgins before you die - (there's a Star Trek convention at Forbidden Planet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Give up bacon :eek:, never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Give up bacon :eek:, never!

No fecking chance.

lividduck wrote: »
    Your Naive!
    84% of Irish claim to be Catholics, that is the flock of Cardinal sean Brady a so called "man" who facilitated the abuse of Fr.Brendan Smyth for 12 years....better they were Muslims, but as for being easily led ,well they willingly support a pimper of paedophilia!

I don't remember a question about pimps or pedophiles in the census.

Are you really suggesting that anyone who calls themselves 'Catholic' are tacit supporters or sympathizers of abusers? You'd likely get banned if you made sweeping generalisations like that about people of other faiths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

So giving up Breakfast Rolls and Beer? Yeah, that's gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Al Qeada does not ****ing exist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

and the census form stained with bacon grease and spilled beer...

I don't remember a question about pimps or pedophiles in the census.

Are you really suggesting that anyone who calls themselves 'Catholic' are tacit supporters or sympathizers of abusers? You'd likely get banned if you made sweeping generalisations like that about people of other faiths.
    Yes I am!
    The leader of the RCC in Ireland has been shown to have willingly,knowingly, and readily facilitated the sexual abuse of children by Fr Brendan Smyth for over 12 years. As a victim of sexual abuse by a a member of the RCC I fully and totally hold responsible all those who retain their membership of that organization, led globally by a man who organized a global cover up, and led in Ireland by a man who led and organized a cover up to the degree he swore child victims to secrecy.
    If you are happy to describe yourself as member of a so called religion led globally and also nationally by men who by their actions facilitated and allowed child sexual abuse then you deserve all the flak you get, because so long as you have allegiance to them you are as guilty as them.

Yes I am!
    The leader of the RCC in Ireland has been shown to have willingly,knowingly, and readily facilitated the sexual abuse of children by Fr Brendan Smyth for over 12 years. As a victim of sexual abuse by a a member of the RCC I fully and totally hold responsible all those who retain their membership of that organization, led globally by a man who organized a global cover up, and led in Ireland by a man who led and organized a cover up to the degree he swore child victims to secrecy.
    If you are happy to describe yourself as member of a so called religion led globally and also nationally by men who by their actions facilitated and allowed child sexual abuse then you deserve all the flak you get, because so long as you have allegiance to them you are as guilty as them.

I tell you what

when the muslims take over, there'll be less of this bolshy resentment and anti establishment ranting I can tell yiz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

My friend tried to convert me to Islam when I was in secondary school. I went for about a year eating halal meat, which was in short supply in the small town I am from.

In short, anemia and a craving for a big mac put an end to the whole affair.

• Advertisement

BBDBB wrote: »
    I tell you what

when the muslims take over, there'll be less of this bolshy resentment and anti establishment ranting I can tell yiz
    Well so far there is no known evidence of the Muslims routinely raping and abusing Irish children for generations!
    Based upon my own personal experience, and all the evidence of the Murphy and Ryan reports combined with recent disclosures about the criminal facilitator Sean Brady, I'd take my chances with Islam before anyone who still describes themselves as Roman Catholic (some people refer to them as RC's but to me that just stands for Raping Cnuts!)

I tell you what

How the bloody hell do you get from catholic child abuse to "bolshy resentment" and "anti establishment ranting"??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Musefan wrote: »
    My friend tried to convert me to Islam when I was in secondary school. I went for about a year eating halal meat, which was in short supply in the small town I am from.

In short, anemia and a craving for a big mac put an end to the whole affair.

So its Korans for Some, Halal Burgers for others, or no go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

all males to be circumsised, no thanks

Well so far there is no known evidence of the Muslims routinely raping and abusing Irish children for generations!
    Based upon my own personal experience, and all the evidence of the Murphy and Ryan reports combined with recent disclosures about the criminal facilitator Sean Brady, I'd take my chances with Islam before anyone who still describes themselves as Roman Catholic (some people refer to them as RC's but to me that just stands for Raping Cnuts!)

How come the Gardai have not arrested him yet for withholding information from them? Your anger would be better placed with the Government and the judicial system here, as they are the ones who are continuing to fail in removing powers from the church. I'm an atheist, but many Catholics are more vocally opposed to the hierarchy of the church and Canon Law etc than most our own politicians are. Sure when stories like the one about Brady come out, they're cuing up to decry it all.. but what real action are they taking to punish those responsible for what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I tell you what

Very rational.

Btw Muhammad had a child wife

really? I suggest you go do a teensy bit more research before you demonise one over the other, as they are both culpable
    How the bloody hell do you get from catholic child abuse to "bolshy resentment" and "anti establishment ranting"??

take a look at the sign above the door, it says "After Hours" not "Serious Debate", thats how the bloody hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Petre

I will say this: Muslims at least know how to keep their women in line, for better or worse. Even if a Muslim woman commits adultery, she will be dealt with swiftly, no ifs, ands, or buts. Feminism is incompatible with and nonexistent in Islam. Say what you want about Muslim men, but at least they know how to keep their women in check. They know that if they ever let their women run free, they (Muslim women) would be ruined. Muslim men know that if they give their women an inch, they would take a light year (equivalent to about 6 billion miles), like Western women have. There's a reason why Muslim men view Western women as having "extremely low moral fiber".

mod note: user banned

This thread really hasn't gone in the direction I thought it would.

Petre wrote: »
    I will say this: Muslims at least know how to keep their women in line, for better or worse. Even if a Muslim woman commits adultery, she will be dealt with swiftly, no ifs, ands, or buts. Feminism is incompatible with and nonexistent in Islam. Say what you want about Muslim men, but at least they know how to keep their women in check. They know that if they ever let their women run free, they (Muslim women) would be ruined. Muslim men know that if they give their women an inch, they would take a light year (equivalent to about 6 billion miles), like Western women have. There's a reason why Muslim men view Western women as having "extremely low moral fiber".

Welcome back!

Can you elaborate on what happens to a Muslim woman when she commits adultery in some countries?

What do you think of that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement