Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about Exams

Options
  • 03-05-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hmmm okay,

At the start of this semester I was signed up to class X(which I thought was mandatory, but turned out not to be for me) and after about 2 weeks I realised there was an alternative to this module for myself and quickly requested to be switched over to class Y(only available by request). This took a while as the coordinator for my course likes to take his time(No judgement, great guy).

Eventually I was officially registered to the class and was on my way, though I was requested to go to the Programme Office to sign a form confirming the switch. I was pretty bogged down with work at the time, so I put it on the long finger thinking it could wait and that my brain would remember to get my arse over to the desk to sign it...

Fast forward to today with the exam for class Y on tomorrow at 9 in the morning, studying hard when I remember that I never signed the damn form, I had forgotten to go over to confirm I was in class Y and the desk and phonelines were now closed. That was ten minutes ago, before I started writing this.

Boards, what am I to do? Will I be on the test register tomorrow for my exam with a little seat number beside my name??? Is there anything I can do right now? Is there maybe an emergency test phoneline I can ring(wishful thinking, I know)?

I'll be heading down tomorrow anyway, either to do the test or plead my case. Any help or cancellations are welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd email the coordinator asap. He might let you take the exam at the same time in his office or something. If he doesn't get back to you I'd turn up early and ask to speak to the exam people in the hall. Chances are you won't be officially down on the list but they should be able to set up another desk and let you sit it there and just take up the exam with the rest of the people doing the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

I'd email the coordinator asap. He might let you take the exam at the same time in his office or something. If he doesn't get back to you I'd turn up early and ask to speak to the exam people in the hall. Chances are you won't be officially down on the list but they should be able to set up another desk and let you sit it there and just take up the exam with the rest of the people doing the exam.

Thanks for the advice! Do you really think I won't be on the exam roster(You have any experience of this or is it just prudent council?)? I know for a fact that the coordinator ain't gonna be answering an email at this time of the day or year but I'll definitely be showing up early to the proceedings as you said. Cheers, I've already applied my best asskissing face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Thanks for the advice! Do you really think I won't be on the exam roster(You have any experience of this or is it just prudent council?)? I know for a fact that the coordinator ain't gonna be answering an email at this time of the day or year but I'll definitely be showing up early to the proceedings as you said. Cheers, I've already applied my best asskissing face.

No experience but I can't see how you'd be on the list. Programme office provided lecutres etc with all the details not the other way around so afaik the lecturer wouldn't tell anything to the Programme office and if that is the case I can't see how they'd know you are in the class. Does it come up on blackboard or even in your SIS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

If I were in your situation this is what I would (not based on any UCD guidelines, I doubt any exist for something like this):

Turn up at the RDS for 8. Check and see if your on the list. If you're not talk to see invigilator or Exam Helper asap and ask if you can be brought to the examinations office, standard invigilators can't make the call as to whether you can sit it or not. See what they say in there. They should have contact details for him, if so ring your lecturer and see what he says. Basically get in contact with him as soon as you can, if you can't then talk to the people in your programmes office.

I doubt you're there but nothing you can do now but prepare for it like you have the exam tomorrow and if you don't then deal with it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Okay, turns out UCD have redundancy seats at the end of the exam hall called X seats where people not on the register can take their test after filling out a form. Everything went grand.

You can all stop worrying now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Okay, turns out UCD have redundancy seats at the end of the exam hall called X seats where people not on the register can take their test after filling out a form. Everything went grand.

You can all stop worrying now.

Class, gonna go earn myself some credits in first year history.

I realise this is not how it works.

Advertisement