Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upstyles for thin hair

• 03-05-2012 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi ladies,

I'm looking for tips on doing my hair for a wedding (as a guest). My hair is extremely thin, you can see scalp easily and I've dark hair which doesn't help. I'd like some ideas for upstyles and if anyone can recommend a hairdresser in Dublin city or south county that is a miracle worker with thin hair, please let me know. Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

If you put in some clip in hair extensions to 'bulk up' your hair (only get the ones with one clip, otherwise with thin hair you'll see the clip if its any bigger), then get it back-combed to add a bit of volume.

If you get it curled and then either pinned up or clipped over to the side it would make it look much thicker than normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

If you put in some clip in hair extensions to 'bulk up' your hair (only get the ones with one clip, otherwise with thin hair you'll see the clip if its any bigger), then get it back-combed to add a bit of volume.

If you get it curled and then either pinned up or clipped over to the side it would make it look much thicker than normal.

One clip? I tried the fine liners ones by Jessica Simpson before and discovered my hair is too thin to hold extension clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

You could try a sock bun or one of those bun donut things in Penneys. Search YouTube (or Pinterest) and it'll be easier to see what I mean. I've seen it done with thin hair and it's worked

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dub cork girl

hi,

I also have very thin hair and use an excellent hairdresser in skerries, I have not had an upstyle with her but have had excellent highlights and she has talked me through some upstyles I could do (just haven't had the occassion!)

Anyway she really understands thin hair - which I find most hairdressers really don't.

It might be too far away for you but if it's not she is well worth checking her out, let me know if you want details.

Also an excellent shampoo i found is the volume range in the body shop, bit pricey but if you are in UK it is cheap, really worth it. or the al*chemy range again pricey and I haven't found it in Ireland yet, I'm recently back from oz and found it amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Hi thanks for that but yeah Skerries would be miles away for me the morning of the wedding unfortunately! I've never tried Body Shops shampoo hmmm I use the sulphate and paraben free organix volume one, but a new shampoo is always good to get ;) a little treat for me!
    hi,

I also have very thin hair and use an excellent hairdresser in skerries, I have not had an upstyle with her but have had excellent highlights and she has talked me through some upstyles I could do (just haven't had the occassion!)

Anyway she really understands thin hair - which I find most hairdressers really don't.

It might be too far away for you but if it's not she is well worth checking her out, let me know if you want details.

Also an excellent shampoo i found is the volume range in the body shop, bit pricey but if you are in UK it is cheap, really worth it. or the al*chemy range again pricey and I haven't found it in Ireland yet, I'm recently back from oz and found it amazing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement