Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rabbits.... and my flowers(to be...)

Options
  • 03-05-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

hi
    im looking for advice on how to stop rabbits eating my flower bed.
    i created it recently, its about 6ft x 6ft and has a lot of flowers planted in it.

every few hours they are out there digging in it, and while i like to see them in the back garden, i dont like to see them digging at it!

so, i dont own a gun to shoot them, and dont want too either, but am looking for advice on how to keep them away from the flowers.
    a fence would probably do it, but its only a small bed,would it be overkill to do that... ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

you need to snare the rabbit and then .... http://www.greatfood.ie/item_display.asp?cde=2&id=907

Sorry I couldn't be more help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Switch to growing plants they don't like:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

There is no easy way -- rabbits and your flowers won't mix.
    As planetX says, switch to non rabbit friendly plants.
    To keep them out a fence needs to be continuous and buried at least 10cm or so into the ground, with the bottom part twisted outwards so that when they dig they encounter the wire.
    A small terrier/ferret/or similar would be very effective too. :)

Rabbits are a nuisance in a garden. You will have to decide which you want: :( bugs bunny or floral beauties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Advertisement