Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts on this offer

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Who are tiger tri? Just wondering if it's all produced by Irish fit(I strongly suspect it is) I wouldn't buy it if so, out of principle.

Sorry, thats not very helpful but I do love a good opportunity to be negative about Irish Fit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Who are tiger tri? Just wondering if it's all produced by Irish fit(I strongly suspect it is) I wouldn't buy it if so, out of principle.

Sorry, thats not very helpful but I do love a good opportunity to be negative about Irish Fit. :)

Eh ok :confused:

PM me if you don't want to make it public...............

Oh budget of about 300 for a wetsuit if anyone else has suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've noticed a lot of negative feeling towards Irish Fit, most of it due to issues with race timing cock ups on their end etc.

Are there more reasons to avoid them?

I bought a heart rate monitor from them around 6 years ago, as a present, and they were pretty helpful and didn't try and sell me a more expensive one, as it was beyond the requirement, but have they gone downhill since then, or was I just lucky?

(sorry to hijack the thread!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Second that. Wouldn't give them any of my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

mloc123 wrote: »
    Second that. Wouldn't give them any of my money.

+3

• Advertisement

Tell me why, someone :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

TYR Cat 1 or Cat 3 in base 2 race.
    Try and swim with it before you buy.

Suits are top class.

Can beat that in my opinion. Especially with wetsuits needing proper fit and comfort to swim in.

Fazz wrote: »

Suits are top class.

Can beat that in my opinion. Especially with wetsuits needing proper fit and comfort to swim in.

Great !

What sort of price are they. Very little on the B2B site. I was up there last week but wasn't on the look out for one !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

menoscemo wrote: »
    +3

+4

Amz wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of negative feeling towards Irish Fit, most of it due to issues with race timing cock ups on their end etc.

Are there more reasons to avoid them?

I bought a heart rate monitor from them around 6 years ago, as a present, and they were pretty helpful and didn't try and sell me a more expensive one, as it was beyond the requirement, but have they gone downhill since then, or was I just lucky?

(sorry to hijack the thread!)

The reasons I know to avoid them:

1) It can take literally MONTHS to get what you ordered sent out. I ordered stuff a good while back and it took so much chasing and hounding to get it sent out.
    2) Once after months of hounding they admitted that they didn't actually stock the item and couldn't get it. Then why was it on the site?
    3) Their bike fits, pretty damn bad IMHO. I have had to redo fits for a few people down their.

Again these are my reasons to avoid them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

+5 Wouldn't give them the steam off my piss. Ordered some rollers etc off them years ago and took 3 months to arrive. A few of my friends have similar stories.

Also never turned up to a race I organised meaning I had no chip timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

tunney wrote: »
    The reasons I know to avoid them:

1) It can take literally MONTHS to get what you ordered sent out. I ordered stuff a good while back and it took so much chasing and hounding to get it sent out.
    2) Once after months of hounding they admitted that they didn't actually stock

Id the same experience a couple of years ago. For me, honesty is the best policy and they wasted my time. Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Tell me why, someone :o:D

Check out this thread for a start
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056142870

If you are wondering why the OP is now banned by the way, it's because he was an irishfit Employee pretending to be an ordinary punter. (Check his post history and you'll see 90% of his posts were about Irishfit products/races etc).

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight,

Thanks for all the feedback ! Thats them kicked to the kerb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Fazz wrote: »

Suits are top class.

I would second base 2 talk for buying a wetsuit if you dodnt know what you need better to spend a bit more on something thats going to work and you have tested before buying.

Another thing could be x terra suits they have some good offers and are good with returns , if suit dosnt fit. and their value for money is good ( prob the best on the market )
    The most robust seem to be the mid range blue 70 wetsuits.

also know what you want the high end suits seem to get more flimsy and rip by only looking at them, the ones in the sub30o euro range might be 20 sec slower over 1500m but tend to last longer as the neopren is not as spongy.
    Some people are really sensitive how stretchy the shoulders are some dont care and those are pob better off with a cheaper suit you are not afraid to train in.

For the ex rugby player a sleeve less wetsuit seems to work better .

if you have a top notch wetsuit better to have an old training wet suit .

Also good to ask yourself, do you want a neo with thick neoprene on legs (for a sinker) or are your legs high in the water anyways - than thinner neoprene in legs is better to avoid back pain in the swim ( too high legs in water = back pain and happens to quit a few people )

At the end of the day the fit and comfort of a wet suit is way more important than material, and buying a mid range wetsuit in a place where you have tried the suit and swam in it ,most of the time will be faster than buying a top notch suit on the net without trying .
    And you are supporting the Irish economy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

peter kern wrote: »
    For the ex rugby player a sleeve less wetsuit seems to work better

Got to disagree with that. There's no way I would ever go sleeveless.
    Yes, some beginners may think that it's their muscular nature causing the sleeves to restrict their movement and they might be right to a point but if this is happening in a well fitted suit then this helps the pull and the restriction is only their on the recovery. It may also be that they just need to practiceswimming with a wetsuit more. The extra neoprene in the sleeves also means more buoyancy and a faster swim.

Got to disagree with that. There's no way I would ever go sleeveless.
    Yes, some beginners may think that it's their muscular nature causing the sleeves to restrict their movement and they might be right to a point but if this is happening in a well fitted suit then this helps the pull and the restriction is only their on the recovery. It may also be that they just need to practiceswimming with a wetsuit more. The extra neoprene in the sleeves also means more buoyancy and a faster swim.

:):):):):)

Anyone got an idea of TYR pricing on B2B ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Anyone got an idea of TYR pricing on B2B ??

I tried all TYR cat 1,3 and 5 at the time and was weighing up decision so should know this!

Something like €230ish for cat 1, €350 for cat 2 and €450-475 for cat 3??

Don't quote me on that and prices could have changed.

Cat 1 was defo around that I'm sure and seemed hard to beat for a great wetsuit.
    Splashed out on cat 5 as I didn't realise I was wearing a wetsuit and hoped it would help me in the discipline I needed it most :D

Like them all you need to be careful with nails when putting on but once on its superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

Cycle-superstore have the Zoot Zenith for €330 which is a pretty good suit as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

What suits are good for shoulder movement and someone that has an anchor attached to their legs. I am due to upgrade and buoyancy and freedom in the shoulders for me are key.

I was in B2B this morning and the C1 is 250. I was only getting runners so will pop up again in a few weeks and try it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I was in B2B this morning and the C1 is 250. I was only getting runners so will pop up again in a few weeks and try it on.

Show them your TI membership card and you'll get €10 off runners, maybe other discounts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

What suits are good for shoulder movement and someone that has an anchor attached to their legs. I am due to upgrade and buoyancy and freedom in the shoulders for me are key.

Might be worth looking at the new HUUB ones.

connundrum wrote: »
    Show them your TI membership card and you'll get €10 off runners, maybe other discounts too.

Oh indeed i did do that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight,

Thanks for all the feedback ! Thats them kicked to the kerb.

Never had any dealings with irish fit but a big +1 on the TYR Cat 3 wetsuit and buying from B2R. From what I remember its around €300 and you get
    To try it before you buy it. I have the Cat 5 there and it's probably the best tri related thing I've ever bought/had bought for me.

Might be worth looking at the new HUUB ones.

I was going to order the mid range suit there now but sterling has gone bonkers...mid level suit working out at €475 which is pricey enough.

I was going to order the mid range suit there now but sterling has gone bonkers...mid level suit working out at €475 which is pricey enough.

Nothing to do with Sterling.
    Greek elections in June.

No more road to kick the can down, house of cards coming down!

tunney wrote: »
    Nothing to do with Sterling.
    Greek elections in June.

No more road to kick the can down, house of cards coming down!

True, i like the idea behind the suits but at those prices you could buy a high end suit here for a similar price, like the TYR Cat5

• Advertisement
Advertisement