Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom 10/22

Options
  • 03-05-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a custom built ruger 10/22
    I currently have a cz455 .17 hmr thumbhole and shoot between .5 - .75 moa @ 100 yards.I have a budget of between 700 - 1000 and i already have a scope.I know i want a bodys ss evolution stock which costs about €110My two main questions are

What is the best i can expect in terms of moa accuracy for that budget ?

What should be on my shopping list e.g start with a 2nd hand gun/New gun, custom barrell,trigger?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

id look on buying from a uk site and get as much for ur €€ as possible.
    if you want to do it urself get the cheapest 10/22 you can. your gonna be throwing away the barrel, stock and maybe trigger.
    pleanty of people can point you to where they got their bits from after that.
    i got all mine from www.rudefatdog.com

custom1022.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

with my budget what kinds 100 yard accurracy could i expect

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

ive never shot it at 100 as i built mine for gallery shooting. its shot a 50 max and does ragged holes.
    you wont beat the 17 @ 100 with a .22
    here is the best place for info on the 10/22 www.rimfirecentral.com

yeah i know the hmr will always be more accurate but i want to build a light weight gun.Do you think 1.5 inches @ 100 is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

gearoidol wrote: »
    yeah i know the hmr will always be more accurate but i want to build a light weight gun.Do you think 1.5 inches @ 100 is possible

Yes and no . My Kidd 10/22 is shooting 15mm - 20mm @50m so double that for 100m and you get your 1 1/2". but that's not to say it will do that @100m.

I got my Ruger 10/22 second-hand off www.airgunbbs.com with many mods already done @€;740. Since then replaced the barrel and bolt assembly with Kidd parts. The Kidd/Ruger would be running me @€;1500 if I were to buy it all new up front.

Lad i know just got a new one in from RudeFatDog @€;1500.

Look to the UK sites or GunTrader for deals.

f79caf2f.jpg

OnTargetgroupingresult_2.jpg

anothergoodgroup.jpg

Video here
    http://www.irishshooting.com/?page_id=108

• Advertisement

Thanks Clive,

Your gun was one of the reasons i'm thinking of doing this.Its absolutely beautiful.Any ideas what she weighs?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

Hi there

I'd go custom from the get go

I got my 10/22 from rimfiremagic in uk. Check out their website. They were a pleasure to deal with but you'll probably need to get your local rfd to deal with them from an import perspective.

In terms of accuracy I'd say 1.5 inchs at 100 is possible but 2" might be nearer the mark depending big time on ammo. HV rounds are very inaccurate.

I paid around €1000 by the time all was said and done and that included a greenmountain bull barrel and rm's own receiver in a hogue stock with sak mod.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

gearoidol wrote: »
    Thanks Clive,

Your gun was one of the reasons i'm thinking of doing this.Its absolutely beautiful.Any ideas what she weighs?

About 7lb on the bathroom scales.

Advertisement