Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

two seater cinema seats. Where??????

• 03-05-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey AH

When I was a lad not all that long ago I have the pleasure of remembering bringing young girls of my own age to the cinema where we would be able to sit in double seater cinema seats and not watch films because we were too preocupied with "other things"

Last weekend I was in the ol picture house with a lady friend and was agast to discover that there was not one single double seat in the entire cinema. To say that I was vocal in my displeasure would be a massive understatement.

I duly issued a complaint to the management of the establishment and asked that some double seats be installed post haste citing the incredible hotness of my accompaning date as valid reason for such an installation.

To my dismay they refused and asked me to leave their establishment immediately.

As AH could well imagine my date was not very impressed with my inability to procure double cinema seats and has refused to speak with me since.

Help a fellow AH. Tell me where in Dublin's fair city I will be able to watch a movie at the cinema in the comfort of double seating so that I do not suffer this indignity again.

for the benifit of those who do not know what a cinema double seat is I have left the following link.

Regards

Daithimac

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/2586184313_6bb29eda4d.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Best bet would be in a cinema I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

daithimac wrote: »
    Hey AH

When I was a lad not all that long ago I have the pleasure of remembering bringing young girls of my own age to the cinema where we would be able to sit in double seater cinema seats and not watch films because we were too preocupied with "other things"

Last weekend I was in the ol picture house with a lady friend and was agast to discover that there was not one single double seat in the entire cinema. To say that I was vocal in my displeasure would be a massive understatement.

I duly issued a complaint to the management of the establishment and asked that some double seats be installed post haste citing the incredible hotness of my accompaning date as valid reason for such an installation.

To my dismay they refused and asked me to leave their establishment immediately.

As AH could well imagine my date was not very impressed with my inability to procure double cinema seats and has refused to speak with me since.

Help a fellow AH. Tell me where in Dublin's fair city I will be able to watch a movie at the cinema in the comfort of double seating so that I do not suffer this indignity again.

for the benifit of those who do not know what a cinema double seat is I have left the following link.

Regards

Daithimac

Get a room!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Define "Other things"

Connect 4?
    Snap?
    Reading a book?
    Writing memoirs?
    Thumb war?

Used to love getting one of them to myself and setting up a barbecue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

you showed her the trick with the popcorn didnt you ya durty durty man ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Define "Other things"

Connect 4?
    Snap?
    Reading a book?
    Writing memoirs?
    Thumb war?

Things which had I been older than my company and a member of the clergy would have gone unreported......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

They may not have double seats but they do have cameras, so you may have had a lucky escape. Otherwise you could have been the stars in a 'movie' yourselves ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

They have them in the luxury screen in the Eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

Hey AH

Regards

Daithimac

The Older "local" or smaller screened cinemas used to have them, eg Sandycove had them and then 1 mile down the road Dun Laoghaire had them, but only 2/3 screens, as the omniplexs did away with most of these cinemas, I would suggest you find the ones that are still around, I think Rathmines, may have one, that shows on occasions classic or cult movies, Or possibly "The Screen" off Parnell St (I think?, only two I can think of that are still around)

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »
    They have them in the luxury screen in the Eye.

That's in Galway.

We all know Galway is a myth to make the Americans come here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Did your mam enjoy the movie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Sure, hot date, that's the reason. Keep telling yourself that fatso!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just bring a saw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

They were the good old jumbos.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

They have them in Ennis.

Ennis is a haven of sin and promiscuity....................Ive booked for next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Bualadh bos, you have a date!

RichieC wrote: »
    Bualadh bos, you have a date!

Had a date until this unfortunate incident!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

my bedroom ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Regards

Daithimac

Girls today wouldn't let you drop the hand while they're sat on a manky seat like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Savoy used to have them been a while since i was in there.

They possibly fat people seats now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

BBDBB wrote: »
    you showed her the trick with the popcorn didnt you ya durty durty man ye

I tried that once, where you put the cartoon of popcorn on your lap and ask if she wants to dig deep for some. The salt dried up my willy though, should have went for the sweet popcorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

antodeco wrote: »
    Just bring a saw!

or glue even ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Still have them in Drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I thought they were just fat people seats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In Eye cinema, in Wellpark.
    Your'e welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Vue in Liffey Valley sell VIP seats

I don't know where they are or what's special about them :confused:
    As every seat in the screens I've been in look the same

I tried that once, where you put the cartoon of popcorn on your lap and ask if she wants to dig deep for some. The salt dried up my willy though, should have went for the sweet popcorn.

be glad

the hot dog and nachos combo would have seen you arrested:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement