Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A reliable hypnotist in Limerick?

• 03-05-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a competent professional hypnotist in Limerick?
    I have a friend who is finding it very difficult to give up smoking and would consider hypnotherapy if the practitioner were reputable.

Any help or recommendations appreciated.

John.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We actually have one who posts on the forum, but I'll let him announce himself. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

He doesn't post much, with work - so we'll have to announce it :P

Zuroph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

He doesn't post much, with work - so we'll have to announce it

Zuroph

Really? Seriously?

Should I pm him.....or would he pm me if he sees my post.

J.

I'd say give him a PM - he might see it a bit faster, or if Source is online he might pass it on too, cause he'd see him a bit more then I would!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

The Snipe wrote: »
    I'd say give him a PM - he might see it a bit faster, or if SOURCE is online he might pass it on too, cause he'd see him a bit more then I would!

Aye, I'll let him know, snipey, I fixed you post, real world nickname is not for the interwebz.

• Advertisement

Aye, I'll let him know..........

Thanks, source. Appreciated.

John.

Appologies there, I had just ended up using that, because I was mentioning you just before it, when talking with someone so it was stuck in my head! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Source if you wouldn't mind could you ask Zorph to pm me also too please for the same reason.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Before you spend your money, tried this method in Limerick recently, had an open mind but had little / no effect but it may work for some.

Of all the smoking cessation aids out there, the patches work best for me, about €25 for a weeks supply

Before you spend your money, tried this method in Limerick recently, had an open mind but had little / no effect but it may work for some.

Of all the smoking cessation aids out there, the patches work best for me, about €25 for a weeks supply
    Thats just getting off the cigs, but not over them.

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by naughtysmurf View Post

My pal has been through patches, gum, cold turkey etc. to no avail. He's very anxious to quit but his other half still smokes, which is no help to his cause so hypnotherapy might be the best option at this stage.

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 builder1234321

Waste of cash IMO. Have several friends who tried this.

Waste of cash IMO. Have several friends who tried this.

Like most therapies, I'd reckon the results vary widely from individual to individual. Worth a try anyway. As they say, don't knock it 'til you try it.

j.

Everone is different but didn't work for me at all, had it done at 11am & was gagging for a fag by 4pm. Your mate should or will be told that will power is also required, it's not a quick fix, none of the methods are but it wont hurt except maybe in the wallet :)
    Wish him the best though

Everone is different but didn't work for me at all, had it done at 11am & was gagging for a fag by 4pm. Your mate should or will be told that will power is also required, it's not a quick fix, none of the methods are but it wont hurt except maybe in the wallet :)
    Wish him the best though

I found that the same, however -- Zuroph can also put a trigger in your mind kinda as a count down for your craving.

My problem / experience with hypotism for smoking cessation as I understand it is that even the aclaimed stage hypotherapists will say that they can't make people do something they would feel uncomfortable with i.e. take clothes of on stage etc where as I needed someone / something to make me stop doing something I was comfortable physically doing, maybe that why it didn't work for me

Currently on the patches and it's going well, going to stick with the 12 week program as advised by the manufacturer, different to pharmasists advice, couple of weeks clean at the mo with no significant craving issues and I was +20 a day, I accept that I'm still getting my nicotine fix but out of the habit of buying them & the whole hand to mouth thing so fingers crossed but I am reasonably confident that this method suits me best, I must add that my will power is sh1te, generally speaking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I'm actually not looking for help quitting smoking I managed that a few years ago using the patches which worked vv well for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

When I gave up smoking almost 5 years ago I found the "Giving Up Smoking" forum on here very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Hi guys, only spotting this now.

Not really doing a huge amount these days, started a new day job in Galway, and been very focused on getting that established.

If your mate would like to give hypnosis a go, pop me a PM, I'm not set up for an office or so yet, but can work from home or come to him. They need to want to quit, and be ready to stop.

Advertisement