Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and found

Options
  • 03-05-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Went to visit a grave this evening with wife and child and lost my throathit mod out of my pocket along the way....One hour later after searching panicking sweating sobbing gasping and generally nearly loosing my nut I found it behind a headstone. I really need to get something that works as good but cheaper to take out with me before I end up loosing it but trouble is I like it so much I just have to bring it everywhere!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jesus christ, lucky save
    i can't imagine losing the throathit tbh
    for short journeys maybe a lavatube would do you? or a mini lavatube like hunter_mahan just got

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'd have jumped outa my skin if I was you, least ya found it tho.

Britvapes have the mini red lavatubes for £39 for a full kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

eeloe wrote: »
    I'd have jumped outa my skin if I was you, least ya found it tho.

Britvapes have the mini red lavatubes for £39 for a full kit?

I was looking at that the other day and I could have gotten 20% off at the time and didn't go for it,kinda sorry now in a way.:(

that howitzer vv thing might be a good option, youd have the two (three?) different size options so you could size it up for whatever situation

not exactly a glowing review of the Howitzer there?

• Advertisement

lol, it resets the time/date stuff after you change the battery

you have like.. 5-10 seconds on the lavatube before the voltage resets with the battery out

The first one PBusardo got wasn't working, the the second one clapped out midway through the review...

yeah just finished it, doesnt seem very good at all
    shame, was an interesting idea

they have revised the Howitzer VV - there were some initial probs (output a bit dodgey) with first batch. I'm due to get the new version supplied to me today - will see how it goes.

Let us know how ya get on Glasso it does look like a nice device, really like it's got different modes with different batteries!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I'll be making mods soon which may possibly be sold by one of the vendors on the forum.
    They'll be 4 AA variable box mods with 10amp regulators and an LED readout, these are based on the evercool chip - these will run on to 14500's.

I've also got the boxes to make Styler/Stig/Denali mods which run on two 18650's.
    They should be fairly cheap 3 to 6 volt devices.#

Not exactly the prettiest things in the world but stable with a long battery life;

th_DSC_0077.jpg

mrplop wrote: »
    I'll be making mods soon which may possibly be sold by one of the vendors on the forum.
    They'll be 4 AA variable box mods with 10amp regulators and an LED readout, these are based on the evercool chip - these will run on to 14500's.

I've also got the boxes to make Styler/Stig/Denali mods which run on two 18650's.
    They should be fairly cheap 3 to 6 volt devices.#

Not exactly the prettiest things in the world but stable with a long battery life;

th_DSC_0077.jpg

That's great news good to hear someone from this forum is going to be making mods. Look forward to seeing them when ready. How long do you think before they will be ready?

It'll be a few weeks, takes a while for me to get my sh!t together.
    I've got a linear regulator (madvapes) I'll send that in your pass the parcel box.

Fair play to ya mrplop.

Keep me informed on the dual 18650 ones! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm thinking you gearfreaks should always carry a regular setup (EGO, iMist etc) for situations like this....

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    I'm thinking you gearfreaks should always carry a regular setup (EGO, iMist etc) for situations like this....

It was more a case of loosing something worth nearly €130 that I had only a couple of weeks than not having a backup. I had backups at home which was only 10 minutes away. If travelling further I would usually have some sort of back up in the car as all good nicotinegearvapingfreaks should ;)

im wondering if I should take my throathit, or a lavatube to the pub to watch the match...

im still not entirely comfortable with the throathit out in public :) im sure it looks like im sucking on a walkie talkie

im wondering if I should take my throathit, or a lavatube to the pub to watch the match...

im still not entirely comfortable with the throathit out in public :) im sure it looks like im sucking on a walkie talkie

If your going having a good few your probably better to bring the LT in case you lost it, in saying that I went to a wedding and brought the throathit with me and hadn't a bother.

nah, only a few for the match
    ah, ill just bring the throathit

i was the same with my ego when i first got it, i was the same with eh lavatube when I first got it :)

I'll just throw some 50% vg liquid into a cartomiser and blow 6v vapour in all the smokers faces

Esel,

Love your mod title - Ass moderator!
    Sounds kinda dirty...

• Advertisement
Advertisement