Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to beekeeping- Queens?

• 03-05-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

new to bee keeping,
    is there different size queen gaurds available or are they all the one size?
    any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭brian_t

There is a thread on bee-keeping in the Smallholding sub-forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056401228

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SC Kevin

kingerae86 wrote: »
    new to bee keeping,
    is there different size queen gaurds available or are they all the one size?
    any help greatly appreciated

Hi kingerae!

I've been doing bee keeping for just over a year now, had a lot of help from 2 experienced bee keepers and I'm currently helping one of them with his apiaries (about 100 hives)

I have to say, ive never heard of a queen guards before, ive heard of a mouse guard and a queen cage, is it possible you meant on of these?

anyway, if you have any questions, ask away and ill help in any way i can!

Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

SC Kevin wrote: »
    Hi kingerae!

I've been doing bee keeping for just over a year now, had a lot of help from 2 experienced bee keepers and I'm currently helping one of them with his apiaries (about 100 hives)

I have to say, ive never heard of a queen guards before, ive heard of a mouse guard and a queen cage, is it possible you meant on of these?

anyway, if you have any questions, ask away and ill help in any way i can!

Kev

Is it a queen excluder perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SC Kevin

^^^^^^^^

Forgot that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Mrs Farmer

Think you might mean queen excluder, and they have to be an exact size regardless of the make - avoid the plastic ones, they are restrictive for the bees.

Advertisement