Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda checkpoint powers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You obviously met one of our fine countries jumped up traffic gardai... You get used to them after awhile once your discs are all in date they cant really do much so feel free the next time to ask her why she is asking you all these questions...

Nothing to do with being "jumped up" or any such nonsense, asking a few simple questions is commonly done to check if the driver has been drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Nothing to do with being "jumped up" or any such nonsense, asking a few simple questions is commonly done to check if the driver has been drinking.

Excuse me but this was not a "few simple questions." It was a long barrage of some very personal stuff. Without time in between to reply even.

None of her business frankly. Some were inane like re the sack of coal on the passenger seat.

It was invasive and unprofessional in the extreme. AND jumped up;) And non-sense is the perfect description.

Last garda who treated me like that some years ago stank of whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Graces7 wrote: »
    Excuse me but this was not a "few simple questions." It was a long barrage of some very personal stuff. Without time in between to reply even.

None of her business frankly. Some were inane like re the sack of coal on the passenger seat.

It was invasive and unprofessional in the extreme. AND jumped up;) And non-sense is the perfect description.

Last garda who treated me like that some years ago stank of whiskey.

Maybe the garda in question was just a bitch - my response was aimed more at the general chit chat they engage you in, that has nothing to do with power tripping usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Maybe the garda in question was just a bitch - my response was aimed more at the general chit chat they engage you in, that has nothing to do with power tripping usually.

OK; I hear you. As I have said in the thread, usually they are polite and helpful. Never had any chit chat before and kindness usually.

Advertisement