Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its illegal her but not abroad

• 03-05-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Ok heres the scenario.

Myself and a few lads are off to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks for a stag weekend when we will endulge in some of the legal narcotic treats on offer .

My buddy is brickin it because he gets regularily drug tested in work.

Assuming he gets drug tested the week after we get back and he is positive for cannabis can he say its legal because he was in Holland ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Why's he get regular tests? he drive a train or something? shouldn't be doing drugs if he has a dangerous responsibility in work.

regards
    Buzz Killington.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

What a stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

Dean09 wrote: »
    What a stupid question.

What a stupid answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

No....and whats more they have just made it illegal for tourists to get high over there.

You're probably better off just staying at home and starting to mainline heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Err, kinda stupid question, if he fails a drugs screening, he's ****ed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Firegaurd wrote: »
    Ok heres the scenario.

Myself and a few lads are off to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks for a stag weekend when we will endulge in some of the legal narcotic treats on offer .

Assuming he gets drug tested the week after we get back and he is positive for cannabis can he say its legal because he was in Holland ?

Doubt an employer would care if he was in Amsterdam if they the type that does regular drug tests.

Oh and weed stays in your system for up to 8 weeks, just so you know

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

RichieC wrote: »
    Why's he get regular tests? he drive a train or something? shouldn't be doing drugs if he has a dangerous responsibility in work.

regards
    Buzz Killington.

He's in the navy so nothing important or dangerous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Ok heres the scenario.

I'd imagine its legality in the Netherlands won't change a thing with regards to his employers.

Surely they're more concerned with the fact that the drugs will affect his performance, not whether they're legal or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Sound, I'll IM you a cool Crack dealer I know there, so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

What a stupid answer
    Dean09 wrote: »
    What a stupid question.
    I thanked both because I'm stupid toooo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I was going to give a reply, but I think I'll wait and see how the thread develops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

What a stupid answer

If you ask a stupid question then expect a stupid answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

No drugs = no drugs.

What a stupid question.

There is no such thing as a stupid question just a stupid answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Its illegal her but not abroad

What ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Ok heres the scenario.

If he gets tested and gets busted they won't care where or when he smoked. He will have failed a drug test and have no way to prove that he was only smoking in the 'Dam and not at home.

The Weed Pass doesn't come into effect in Amsterdam until the 1st of Jan 2013, so you will have no problem getting weed over there.

That said, you mate is an idiot if he smokes over there.
    No....and whats more they have just made it illegal for tourists to get high over there.

You're probably better off just staying at home and starting to mainline heroin.

Not until the start of next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Not sure how these things normally work. But is it in his contract that he can be drug tested? If so I doubt they will care about the legality of it and only about what's in his system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

He should be ok, don't the Navy smuggle drugs nowadays anyway, unless he's trying to muscle in on their operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Why does he not just ask in work? As you said he will not be breaking the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Tell him to avoid weed and go straight to cocaine. It will leave his system much faster.
    Also your question is really silly. Of course it matters. They aren't going to care where he smoked pot.
    Have a good time anyway, don't mind the haters. Dont be too stoned for a hooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

oh I think drugs should legalised here.

/thread hijack and turns a thread which should probably be closed into a 50 page+ thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

IM0 wrote: »
    oh I think drugs should legalised here.

/thread hijack and turns a thread which should probably be closed into a 50 page+ thread

I thinkk drugs should be legal here unless you are on the dole.

(Back to thread closure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

blah, blah... advice about drugs... blah, blah... I know it's legal there... blah, blah... closing it anyway... blah, blah...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement