Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Pick The Middle questions genuinely make me want to have an emotional breakdown.

me too I never know where to start? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I'm finding it weird how I still haven't heard anything back from the UK yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

0mega wrote: »
    I'm finding it weird how I still haven't heard anything back from the UK yet..
    You only applied to Queen's didn't you? Apparently they only give around 1 weeks notice (last year it was late November/early December) so there is time yet! Two of mine have started giving interviews for graduates and those in close proximity to the university so I'm not too worried. I just want Queen's tbh!

You only applied to Queen's didn't you? Apparently they only give around 1 weeks notice (last year it was late November/early December) so there is time yet! Two of mine have started giving interviews for graduates and those in close proximity to the university so I'm not too worried. I just want Queen's tbh!

Yeah! One week's notice! :eek:

I need to start preparing for my interview then, just in case..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

Anyone need a partner for the Med-entry course

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

cian casey wrote: »
    Anyone need a partner for the Med-entry course

Yeah I might...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GoldenPoppy

How do you prepare for an interview? :/

How do you prepare for an interview? :/

We have interviews? Explain...

We have interviews? Explain...

For UK colleges, you have to do an interview before you're accepted. For Irish colleges, it's just based on the HPAT and LC points :)

For UK colleges, you have to do an interview before you're accepted. For Irish colleges, it's just based on the HPAT and LC points :)

Ah apologies, I was under the impression he was referring to HPAT Ireland.

UCAS/UK, although it seems like a good back up, I'm contemplating on if its worth it and how much it will cost to actually be a student there... Any information?

• Advertisement

Ah apologies, I was under the impression he was referring to HPAT Ireland.

UCAS/UK, although it seems like a good back up, I'm contemplating on if its worth it and how much it will cost to actually be a student there... Any information?

The deadline has passed to apply for medicine in the UK (sorry!) In Scotland, your fees are paid if you aren't from the UK but from the EU. In England and Wales, fees can go up to 9,000 a year. In NI, fees are about 3,500 sterling. I think it's a brilliant back up!

The deadline has passed to apply for medicine in the UK (sorry!) In Scotland, your fees are paid if you aren't from the UK but from the EU. In England and Wales, fees can go up to 9,000 a year. In NI, fees are about 3,500 sterling. I think it's a brilliant back up!

The deadline? I'm in 5th year lol and yeah I'll talk to my principal and career guidance teacher more about it and consider it, seems pretty expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kundan2012

The deadline? I'm in 5th year lol and yeah I'll talk to my principal and career guidance teacher more about it and consider it, seems pretty expensive though.

In UK there are some sort of loans and scholarships available. How's the situation here?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

So it seems like most of you have applied now then? I'm in the process of doing so, but I hate the fact that by just taking a year here in Norway now and studying nutrition (which will not give me any degree or anything) I cannot apply to free frees.

You might be shocked to hear though, all higher education is free in Norway. But it's almost impossible to get into medicine and I'm not willing to spend 5 years taking up silly subjects like french and norwegian to get it (which will cost a fortune). And I've always wanted to go abroad to study, so I'm giving Ireland a shot. (It was either that, Poland or Denmark).

Anyhow, how are ya'll finding the HPAT samples then? (I will be applying hopefully this weekend and then sign up for HPAT soon). :-)

-Kristine

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

kundan2012 wrote: »
    I found this <snipped>. Can have a look. Doesn't help much for interview preparation.:P
    Really? How did you manage to lose it since early November when your last posts promoting it were deleted?? 0_o

Don't pimp that website again.

Really? How did you manage to lose it since early November when your last posts promoting it were deleted?? 0_o

Explain

• Registered Users Posts: 1 612flombie

Hi all:)
    Anyone interested in signing up for med entry with me to get the discounted rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Was all happy doing a ******** practice exam, ended up doing very well in section 1 and 2, up in the 80th percentile for both and then boom, section 3. 0-20. Talk about disheartening... The thing is I didn't think my score was altogether bad. I mean, I got 20/42 which isn't exactly good or even average but I think it'd be somewhat passable if I did particularly well in the other two sections. Would've thought it'd be a little bit higher than 0-20 anyway. Looking back at my first practice exam I got 12/42 though so I suppose I am err slightly improving. :pac: Ah well, there's still more than four months to go and in the end the only score/percentile that matters is the one you get at the end of June.

Think I needed that pep talk... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Slow Show wrote: »
    Was all happy doing a ******** practice exam, ended up doing very well in section 1 and 2, up in the 80th percentile for both and then boom, section 3. 0-20. Talk about disheartening... The thing is I didn't think my score was altogether bad. I mean, I got 20/42 which isn't exactly good or even average but I think it'd be somewhat passable if I did particularly well in the other two sections. Would've thought it'd be a little bit higher than 0-20 anyway. Looking back at my first practice exam I got 12/42 though so I suppose I am err slightly improving. :pac: Ah well, there's still more than four months to go and in the end the only score/percentile that matters is the one you get at the end of June.

Thats great though that you're in the 80th percentile for the the other two! I get 60-70 ish percentile in section 1, then like 40ish percentile in section 2 and 0-20 in section three...... it just gets worse :p And the strange thing is , I find section 1 horrible and the other two simple ? :confused:

Slow Show wrote: »

Impressed at your section 1 score, wish I was as good at that section. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

What med entry is it that ya ppl sign up to? Is it a course or something? Cause, yeah, across the north sea I'm kinda...not getting it :P

How much preparation is everyone doing per week? And study? I am feeling quite stressed these days!

How much preparation is everyone doing per week? And study? I am feeling quite stressed these days!

Nothing major, I did maybe 2 hours this week. I realise I need to do more but school keeps managing to become a priority.

You?

0mega wrote: »

Nothing major, I did maybe 2 hours this week. I realise I need to do more but school keeps managing to become a priority.

You?
    Oh God :P I did a section 1 exam today but that's it! I mean to do more as with study but I actually just don't have the time! Homework takes up my whole evening an weekend. So yeh I need to do more!

Oh God :P I did a section 1 exam today but that's it! I mean to do more as with study but I actually just don't have the time! Homework takes up my whole evening an weekend. So yeh I need to do more!

I haven't started yet, I'm feeling worried...

I haven't started yet, I'm feeling worried...
    You're in 5th year, no?

You're in 5th year, no?

Yeah but still I'm worried, I'm enrolled for 2 HPAT taught courses but it may not be enough or am I overreacting?

Yeah but still I'm worried, I'm enrolled for 2 HPAT taught courses but it may not be enough or am I overreacting?
    I don't think you need to do so much this year tbh! I got the med entry course last year but rarely used it. You may burn out so don't do too much!

Just a little..

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 kundan2012

Apologies :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement