Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

How can you work out what marks you got or even the rough percentile, I know it depends on the other candidates but when I do practice tests at home I'd like to have a rough idea where Im standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

You just can't really. You can calculate a raw score by just multiplying the amount you got right by 100 divided by the number of questions in the section, but it doesn't really mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

laurenl123 wrote: »
    Yep the course is much cheaper than ME as well, hate to be scabby but it's true:) I'm thinking of Galway, did either of you get a voucher for the course from school?

I only got the €20 one. Do you know if you can use more than one voucher per transaction ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dubs2012

Need another person 4 Hpat Med entry course in griffith college in december. if you go in a group you get a huge discount. LET ME KNOW

Did you just reply to your own post? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Dubs2012 wrote: »
    youve probably already got a group but are you thinking of the one in Griffith?

Please PM the posters instead of cluttering up the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 laurenl123

As far as I know you can only use one, I could be wrong though.

I'd imagine you can only use one.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

Whats the course ran by the career services? Does anyone have any details about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

Just popping into this thread to see how you all are getting on, the 2012 version of this thread was my life last year.

Med entry is the way to go - don't bother with the day courses just stick to the online package and practice practice practice

Best of Luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

whatsec wrote: »
    Just popping into this thread to see how you all are getting on, the 2012 version of this thread was my life last year.

Med entry is the way to go - don't bother with the day courses just stick to the online package and practice practice practice

Best of Luck

Are you doing medicine now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

Are you doing medicine now?

I'd assume so otherwise his comment would be irrelevant lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd assume so otherwise his comment would be irrelevant lol

Unless he works for that company.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

92nd percentile for section 2, 33rd for section 3 . . I HATE PICK THE MIDDLE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

88th percentile section 1, 95th percentile section 2, 92nd percentile section 3

I'm in 5th year so plenty of time to improve!

Did you sign up for Med Entry in fifth year?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

spurious wrote: »
    Unless he works for that company.

Hah, yes I am doing medicine and no I do not work for med entry. If I did I'm sure I wouldn't be saying to only do the online course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

whatsec wrote: »
    Hah, yes I am doing medicine and no I do not work for med entry. If I did I'm sure I wouldn't be saying to only do the online course.

I know you don't. :)
    I'm not so sure about many of the plethora of folks who come on boards, register, only post to say how great it is and suggest getting the discount and then are never seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

As if you need to improve on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Are you just trying to wind us up?

• Advertisement

0mega wrote: »
    Are you just trying to wind us up?

I was gonna say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Just saying, don't be overconfident. I know a guy who got consistent 98th percentiles in ******** tests and got the 64th in the exam..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kundan2012

Don't loose your momentum. A hundred days of training camp isn't equal to one day of war. You never know whats on the other side and who you are fighting with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 butterfli

Fiddles44 wrote: »
    Whats the course ran by the career services? Does anyone have any details about it?
    I did the career services course last year and got 208 in my hpat with 95 in section 3, I think their course was really helpful for different "tricks" associated with the section... However I didn't notice any change in sec 1 or 2 after the course :) IMO the best thing to do is get your hands on lots of practice material and practice them for the week before the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Hey if anyone is looking for someone to join their group on ******** please PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

butterfli wrote: »
    I did the career services course last year and got 208 in my hpat with 95 in section 3, I think their course was really helpful for different "tricks" associated with the section... However I didn't notice any change in sec 1 or 2 after the course :) IMO the best thing to do is get your hands on lots of practice material and practice them for the week before the exam!

Did you the course with ME too ? How do you think they compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 butterfli

Did you the course with ME too ? How do you think they compare?
    No sorry I didt do it as well but I know that a larger proportion of the people on my course did ME, the majority of people hadn't heard of the career services one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nutsnbolts

how is the hpat marked?

there's 110 questions but you get a raw score of _/300.. is your score over 300 equal to your mark? am doing the acer practice test here, and don't really know how to score it..

if this is the case, what is the percentile curve for?

nutsnbolts wrote: »
    is your score over 300 equal to your mark?

What? :confused::P

We're not told how the hpat is marked. The result you're given isn't a raw score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Just signed up for the hpat and will start prep as soon as I'm done with my last exam this week. I've only got the two practice tests though, but hoping I'll get into the strategy. My biggest concern though is the limited time...and of course that english is not my first language and that I might get stuck on a few words or something along the way.

How's everyone finding the practice tests this year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement