Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 locarush101

hey! I'm trying to get the Pre Med Premium Package- I'm thinking of doing the two day course in February 16-17 in Dublin, Griffith College so if anyone's interested in joining a group or is forming one, pm me and let me know within these few days !!!! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Tomas18

anybody know anything about the revision course in IOE. I registered today for the one on 5th and 6th Jan but never got email verification, just wondering if i should contact them about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Are the courses for h-pat just for 6th years? Can 5th years go? i.e. ME? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Tomas18

As far as i'm aware all of them are for 6th years. Think about it if a 5th year who isn't even registered to sit the hpat got a place over a registered 6th year it wouldn't quite be fair but then again there may be some courses that take 5th years but as I said none i'm aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Are the courses for h-pat just for 6th years? Can 5th years go? i.e. ME? :rolleyes:

Yes you can of course of go, nothing to lose by it if you can afford it.

• Advertisement

getting mixed messages here o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

ye i go institute anyone can go :D

getting mixed messages here o_O

Trust me I'm far more handsome.

Trust me I'm far more handsome.

I'm a guy.......

LOL jk

One of the lads I was talking to at ME was only in fifth year, wish I had gone in fifth year myself.

• Advertisement

Did u do the online course last year aswell?

No when I was in sixth year I did the independant academy one. And this year I've done ME and I'm gonna do CS next week.

much of a comparison?

Well the independent academy one was completely rubbish before you compare it to anything else anyway. I didn't think an awful lot of the ME weekend course but the online material is great. The stuff CS posted out to me seems good too.

how many people sat the hpat last year does anyone know?and how many is it likely to be this year?just undergrads

amicus wrote: »
    how many people sat the hpat last year does anyone know?and how many is it likely to be this year?just undergrads

They don't give a figure differentiating between candidates but they give a total number of candidates. I can't remember how many but it's somewhere between 3,500-4,000 ish, I think. The CAO release figures about applicants after January and the figure is in there I think.

is it true that section 3 will be worth less than section 1 and 2 so repeats cant significantly improve there scores as apparently its the one they improve on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

is it true that section 3 will be worth less than section 1 and 2 so repeats cant significantly improve there scores as apparently its the one they improve on?
    I heard that too. And also the currency of results will probably be 1 year :/

well im not repeating so its grand but section 3's the easiest i think..that'l b annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

well im not repeating so its grand but section 3's the easiest i think..that'l b annoying
    I really hope the currency stays the same, I've a feeling I'll be repeating! Section 3 is slowly improving for me, I've done 2 mocks and I've gotten 7 more correct I think (but lower percentile) but in the drills I always get around the same mark. I think I might prefer all sections to be worth the same seeing as I'm improving ever so slightly!

• Advertisement

well im not repeating in that medicine's more my backup haha..i dont think itll happen as section 3 suits guys much better and isnt the reason why the hpat was introduced to increase the male to girl ratio?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I've heard this before but thought it was a rumour/something occurring in later years. If this is true for this year I might actually cry of happiness!

Yeah I hope the currency stays the same too, repeating the HPAT - fine, I have a job, it won't be the end of the world....HPAT and LC, not so fine...

not a section 3 fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

well im not repeating in that medicine's more my backup haha..i dont think itll happen as section 3 suits guys much better and isnt the reason why the hpat was introduced to increase the male to girl ratio?

I personally wouldn't say guys necessarily find it easier... Everyone I've spoken to about the hpat found it the most difficult.

Can I ask, how many hours of prep is everyone doing a week? I really feel like I'm not doing enough at all...

not much.. u cant improve that much anyway i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

not much.. u cant improve that much anyway i believe

I only started properly considering med quite recently so I feel bad spending so much on prep material when I can only get 2 months use out of it... So I'd like to believe you can't really prepare for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

u cant improve that much anyway i believe

Tbh I pretty much agree with this. You can improve a bit in section 3, becoming more aware of patterns etc but after I while I think you just level off and reach your limit

ye i agree section 3 can be improved on but a lot of people i know just cant improve on it

well im not repeating in that medicine's more my backup haha..

What's your 1st choice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I agree, I was horrendous at section 3 at the beginning and now I'm merely poor, I don't think it gets any better than that.

Tbh I don't do that much prep, I genuinely do talk about prep more than I actually do it. Someone could tell me that the HPAT has been moved to tomorrow though and I wouldn't be too worried. Whatever will be will be at this stage, getting familiar with types of questions and the like has definitely benefited me but I don't think it'll get much better than this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement