Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Slow Show wrote: »
    I agree, I was horrendous at section 3 at the beginning and now I'm merely poor, I don't think it gets any better than that.

Ha this is exactly how I see myself.

I don't do as much as I'd like to say I do either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I agree, I was horrendous at section 3 at the beginning and now I'm merely poor, I don't think it gets any better than that.

Tbh I don't do that much prep, I genuinely do talk about prep more than I actually do it. Someone could tell me that the HPAT has been moved to tomorrow though and I wouldn't be too worried. Whatever will be will be at this stage, getting familiar with types of questions and the like has definitely benefited me but I don't think it'll get much better than this!
    How much do you do? I only really started this Christmas, I just don't have the time after school or at the weekend with the amount of homework I get, I don't hve time to study either. But hopefully I'll get less so I can do more, I feel awful reading this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

How much do you do? I only really started this Christmas, I just don't have the time after school or at the weekend with the amount of homework I get, I don't hve time to study either. But hopefully I'll get less so I can do more, I feel awful reading this thread!

I've done one S3 exam in the last week. I think I did a pick-the-middle drill one day too because I felt guilty. I've done a few practice exams and I intend on doing them more regularly, maybe once a week starting next week with a little break around mocks time (although HPAT comes before mocks people, always). Seriously don't worry, most people are in the same boat, struggling to keep both balls in the air. I feel terribly guilty when I read the thread but look, it's fine, we'll all be fine. Don't worry, a positive attitude is one of the most important things. That's what I keep telling myself anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

What's your 1st choice?
    veterinary.altho recently ive been thinkin more actuary ha .all over the place tbh

Counted up how many drills I've done, less than I thought. 28 :/ I bought the career services material and have accumulated loads of other stuff over the last year. I actually have so much and feel guilty for not using it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

I'm feeling guilty as well. I definitely should be doing more :/

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Tbh I don't do that much prep, I genuinely do talk about prep more than I actually do it. Someone could tell me that the HPAT has been moved to tomorrow though and I wouldn't be too worried. Whatever will be will be at this stage, getting familiar with types of questions and the like has definitely benefited me but I don't think it'll get much better than this!

Agreed.

i just did 3 section 2 drillls.proud of me for self motivation which i usually lack ha

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

A few weeks ago I had a good routine where I would do 3 drills and one practice exam a week. Stopped doing that since about 6 weeks ago.... have done nothing since.... hope I'll be doing a bit more at this stage next year :rolleyes:

Even though I'm not sitting the h-pat 'til next year, I can't help but feel nervous every time I think about it :o

uve plenty of time..nerves is what gets everyone on the day so im told so meditation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

Anyone else got all the ME drills done ?

Anyone else got all the ME drills done ?

31 and 6 mocks :p Do you?

31 and 6 mocks :p Do you?

All drills and eight mocks and CS course tomorrow ...

Your a repeat too right ? How are you fixed this year in comparison to last ?

Yeah I have CS on Friday, looking forward to it now.

I think I'm better sorted this year, starting to get into now, if I keep this up until the exam it should be okay. How do you feel?

Yeah I have CS on Friday, looking forward to it now.

I think I'm better sorted this year, starting to get into now, if I keep this up until the exam it should be okay. How do you feel?

Well I definitely am better prepared. My mocks scores last year were ranging from 20 to 60 whereas they're all up in the 80s 90s this time round. If the points stay the same in Galway this year I'll need at least 176 but I think they'll prob go up at least 4 so hoping to get over 180....

Worked out that with my score in the October mock I would have gotten 195 so here's hoping :)

What do you make of the CS material ?

Ahh that's great, only got 550 myself so need a serious enough score :( I assume you're living close to Galway if you're doing CS tomorrow. Is NUIG your first choice?

I only signed up for CS super recently so have only really worked through about 1/3 of the material. It seems, a lot easier than ME. But it's not necessarily a bad thing cause I'm probably paying more attention to the techniques. The solutions are good, and I much prefer that it's not online. I guess I'm worried that yeah, maybe it's unrepresentatively easy. But being able to sit another mock is one of the main reasons I chose it too, so there's that. How do you find it?

how did everyone do in the ME mock and if it was good is it a fair representation of the real thing , asuming you dont let your nerves get the better of you on the day?

It wasn't a million miles from the hpat last year. My percentiles reflect the ME mocks and my confidence in each section. I did alright in it, probably not well enough.

Were you happy with the estimated percentile you got?/Do you think it's realistic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

Even though the questions within a section may be weighted is each section still marked out of 100?

dmca93 wrote: »
    Even though the questions within a section may be weighted is each section still marked out of 100?

There's been a bit of debate about this on the forum before, I haven't seen anybody's score card but a few people have come on here and said people have scored over 100.

I've never seen it though, and ACER say every section is marked out of 100.

• Advertisement

It wasn't a million miles from the hpat last year. My percentiles reflect the ME mocks and my confidence in each section. I did alright in it, probably not well enough.

Were you happy with the estimated percentile you got?/Do you think it's realistic?
    Ye i was happy with what i got like my estimated percentile was 95-100 . its hard to know from ME practice exams however how ur doin in relationship to our fellow irish.

Wow that's awesome, I got 90-95th which was nice but sorta laughable. I was reading through last years thread, very scary to see a few people (more than I thought) saying they did worse second time around :/

But still, 58 days to go. PMA people :p

Wow that's awesome, I got 90-95th which was nice but sorta laughable. I was reading through last years thread, very scary to see a few people (more than I thought) saying they did worse second time around :/

But still, 58 days to go. PMA people :p
    Well bro if you're improvin in the practice exams and feelin more comfortable each time theres no way it will happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I wish you could sit the h-pat in 5th year....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 locarush101

Hey! I'm trying to get the Pre Med Premium Package-with the two day course in February 16-17 in Dublin, Griffith College and we need one more person to join our group,- pm me if interested!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mmcinerney

people have that many drills done :( oh lord :S

what can ya do, first day of ME today must say i am pretty impressed with it, eww must do the homework now the thought of it... procrastination is my mortal enemy :D

how do people find the "pick the middle" questions on section 3?? is there any strategies for doing them? I cant do them at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

mmcinerney wrote: »
    people have that many drills done :( oh lord :S

what can ya do, first day of ME today must say i am pretty impressed with it, eww must do the homework now the thought of it... procrastination is my mortal enemy :D

how do people find the "pick the middle" questions on section 3?? is there any strategies for doing them? I cant do them at all
    Have you read the guides on the LMS? There are some good tips.

Just a question for anyone who ha done the HPAT before, was the official sample paper 1 (the purple one) easier, harder or roughly the same as the actual exam? I thought it was a bit easier than the ME mocks.

well all the ME stuff is harder than what you can expect so harder i would say.ME stuff seems to be harder than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

^^Despite all of that, I've heard from quite a few people that S2 in the actual exam is harder than any practice material.

I'm getting annoyed at myself at my complete lack of doing anything HPAT-related this break. Think I'll try my best to do a few drills tomorrow...if I write it here I might actually do it, I suppose. Still kind of of the belief that once you do a certain level of practice you do level off though... >.> yes that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Advertisement

Compared to the practise booklets sections 1 and 3 were about right except for section 2 which was much more difficult and in comparison to ME it's hard to say, cause there is sooo much material, but overall I'd still say section 2 is a lot easier on ME.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement