Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Can't find the figures but yeah I thought it was closer to 3,500 - 4,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

When you go to ME, the amount of times they tell you that most people don't do prep is unreal. Maybe that was true when the HPAT started but realistically at this stage the majority of people do a prep course. You're not really increasing your chances by doing one imo but basically trying to keep up with everyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

Glee_GG wrote: »
    When you go to ME, the amount of times they tell you that most people don't do prep is unreal. Maybe that was true when the HPAT started but realistically at this stage the majority of people do a prep course. You're not really increasing your chances by doing one imo but basically trying to keep up with everyone else!

They said the same thing when I did the two day course in Leeson Street last year. I suppose they want to try give you a psychological boost or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

dmca93 wrote: »

They said the same thing when I did the two day course in Leeson Street last year. I suppose they want to try give you a psychological boost or something.
    ive been told ME is far better than any other course and its content is more challenging and theres more of it. Makes me feel better ha

I thought the CS day course was better, but the amount of content and material ME provide is invaluable.

• Advertisement

I thought the CS day course was better, but the amount of content and material ME provide is invaluable.[/Quote
    Id rather the material :p

Yeah if I could only do one it'd be ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Looking at the amount of courses I'd say it's well over a thousand http://www.********-hpat.ie/workshop-dates

Ah god nearly had a heart attack first glancing at that list, that list includes other years too in case anyone freaks out like me. :p

Remember guys, some people (with money to burn) genuinely sit the HPAT for the craic. I genuinely know someone who did this. And there are bound to be sketchy people working for prep courses getting an insight into what the questions are like. This helps me feel a bit better at any rate! :p

Slow Show wrote: »
    Ah god nearly had a heart attack first glancing at that list, that list includes other years too in case anyone freaks out like me. :p

Remember guys, some people (with money to burn) genuinely sit the HPAT for the craic. I genuinely know someone who did this. And there are bound to be sketchy people working for prep courses getting an insight into what the questions are like. This helps me feel a bit better at any rate! :p

Oops dunno how I missed that :o

Yeah, and of course loads of people who get savage scores don't get 550 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 locarush101

Hey! I'm trying to get the Pre Med Premium Package-with the two day course in February 16-17 in Dublin, Griffith College and we need one more person to join our group,- pm me if interested!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Does anyone know where the hpat will be sat in Dublin this year?

KristineKJ wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the hpat will be sat in Dublin this year?

AFAIK the test centers are usually TCD, RCSI and UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

AFAIK the test centers are usually TCD, RCSI and UCD.

Really hoping I don't get UCD as stopwatches weren't allowed at all there last year! :(

Yeah heard they were super strict in RCSI as well last year.

Just after registering a moment ago, €115 :/

Was the cork centre in UCC last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Was the cork centre in UCC last year?

I remember hearing it was the Main Rest in UCC, I dunno if it was last year but I assume it didn't change!

Finally registered for the actual HPAT, this **** just got real!

I remember hearing it was the Main Rest in UCC, I dunno if it was last year but I assume it didn't change!

Finally registered for the actual HPAT, this **** just got real!

Hopefully it'll be there too so this year! The last thing you want is to be stressing that you won't find the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tanga1

Anyone else find the ACER booklets slightly easier then expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Tanga1 wrote: »
    Anyone else find the ACER booklets slightly easier then expected?

Yeah, that's done on purpose apparently. Expect the actual exam to be harder, particularly section 2.

Did booklet one today for the first time since before the exam last year and was pleasantly surprised when I corrected it after. I remember booklet two being more difficult though. I think.

• Advertisement

0mega wrote: »
    Yeah, that's done on purpose apparently. Expect the actual exam to be harder, particularly section 2.

Yeah booklet two was more representative of the exam I remember, and section 2 was more difficult than either of the booklets for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I'm getting really psyched up for this lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Am I the only one with a time problem on section 1 on the test booklets?

KristineKJ wrote: »
    Am I the only one with a time problem on section 1 on the test booklets?

Definitely not. A huge proportion of people I've spoken to (don't wanna say majority, but it could be) run out of time or start rushing towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alphashadows

So to any people doing the HPAT this year for the first time, are you getting any prep courses? Thinking of it but so hard to choose which one! Don't know anybody who actually sat the HPAT to ask, so just enquiring!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cupertinokiid

Can anyone give me the list of all Hpat prep courses out there? , there seems to be so many different institutions running courses and i hear a new one popping up every week from friends all over the country! If anyone could produce a difinitive list i think it could benefit us all :P

Career services, ME, Independent academy. Then a lot of the private schools offer them too, IOE, Ashfield college, yeats. Maybe Bruce/Hewitt in Cork. Perhaps the private school in Limerick does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Career services, ME, Independent academy. Then a lot of the private schools offer them too, IOE, Ashfield college, yeats. Maybe Bruce/Hewitt in Cork. Perhaps the private school in Limerick does too.

Yeah Bruce, don't think Hewitt do it!

Would it be more worthwhile doing an ME exam or test booklet.dont have time for them all

• Advertisement

Test booklet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement