Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Ha, looking back through my boards posts, easy to see when I'm procrastinating anyway, the length of my posts vary in direct proportion to the level of work I am attempting to put off. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Slow Show wrote: »
    Ha, looking back through my boards posts, easy to see when I'm procrastinating anyway, the length of my posts vary in direct proportion to the level of work I am attempting to put off. :p
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

amicus wrote: »
    I prefer the hpat system like otherwise you would want to be getting 610..?

What about for the people who actually got this but still didn't get in ?

Just did an ME exam today and there seems to be a new layout for the review with a button at the bottom called save the state of the flags. Anyone know how to revert to the old layout ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

What about for the people who actually got this but still didn't get in ?
    Ye obviously they should .the systems terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

S1 98, S2 40, S3 41. My worst S2 performance, that was the oddest one for me. And it's probably bad that I'm delighted with 41st in S3. :pac:

Snap, so far anyway.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭spasmaster

Important note here, last year at the start of the test we were allowed to look though the paper for a few minutes to see if there were any pages missing. Be prepared for this just in case. Maybe have a look at the first question for a bit to settle the nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

^

was hoping for that.

Thought you guys might find this interesting. Funnily enough they didn't actually say what he got in his HPAT . . .

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/education/2012/0228/1224312479289.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Thought you guys might find this interesting. Funnily enough they didn't actually say what he got in his HPAT . . .

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/education/2012/0228/1224312479289.html

Ironically I think I recognize him as the guy who gave us a talk in the morning of our ME course, and if it is him the score he got in the real think was 100th percentile owing to the fact that he got 100th percentile in S2, while his other two sections weren't amazing his S2 score got the overall mark up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

A couple of us are going on a pub crawl. I’ll still be studying tomorrow though.

Sure he's obviously not a real human anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Traderdc

Hi guys - I am a mature applicant and will be sitting hpat. I work full time at the moment and am only beginning to prepare for the HPAT now which seems very late having looked at the posts on here! Just a couple of quick questions that I would really appreciate some answers on. I am going to do a prep course, seems like alot of people have done ME or CS. There is a CS one on in Cork on 11 Feb which I think I will do as it is much more convenient for me than heading to Dublin. Which is better? The ME one is a lot more expensive obviously. I have the 2 acer practice tests but is there anywhere else I can get good practice tests with worked solutions? I have read alot of you are doing "drills", what are these exactly and where can I access them. Apols for all the questions but i'd really appreciate some help and feel free to direct me to where these questions have been answered already. Thanks alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The drills are part of the ME online package. I thought CS was pretty good. Overall ME is better because of the amount of material they supply you with, but the day course was only alright. If you're working full time CS might provide you with as much material as you can use anyway.

ME gives you about 70 drills (approx 15-20 questions each) and 12 full mocks all online + the mock you sit at the course.
    CS gives you about 400 questions, a mock + the full test you sit on the mock day.

Both companies provide you with solutions to practise booklet 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Traderdc

Thanks very much for the info fewtinnsoffroth - sounds like I might be better off getting the online package from ME as they seem to give a lot more practice materia and you seem to suggest that the actual day course was only ok. Thanks v much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

0mega wrote: »
    Snap, so far anyway.. :P

You got 98th in S1 too? Heh, I just checked and I see that I have been knocked down to 97th, perhaps I have you to blame for that? How'd the rest of it go? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

You got 98th in S1 too? Heh, I just checked and I see that I have been knocked down to 97th, perhaps I have you to blame for that? How'd the rest of it go? :)

Out of curiosity how do you check your percentile? I'm assuming this is some online course

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

I'm sure some of you have seen the petition going around facebook and heard the talks on RTE Radio.

Everyone interested in medicine and may not have had any experience yet should really listen to these doctors talking to Joe Duffy today

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

En wrote: »
    Out of curiosity how do you check your percentile? I'm assuming this is some online course

When people are talking about percentiles its from exams they have done on with ME online

Yes and sorry about that :P

I've got 84 in S2 (very happy with that, marks an end to my rapid decline) :).

Fiddles44 wrote: »
    I'm sure some of you have seen the petition going around facebook and heard the talks on RTE Radio.

Everyone interested in medicine and may not have had any experience yet should really listen to these doctors talking to Joe Duffy today

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

it shouldn't be allowed to work past 24 hours. I hope this will improve in the near future. We have the same problem in Norway. It's a danger for doctors as well as patients.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

KristineKJ wrote: »
    it shouldn't be allowed to work past 24 hours. I hope this will improve in the near future. We have the same problem in Norway. It's a danger for doctors as well as patients.

Ireland is technically breaking EU in allowing this as the Working Directive says no more than 48 hours per week, but of course none of the hospitals have near enough doctors to achieve that!

Yes and sorry about that :P

I've got 84 in S2 (very happy with that, marks an end to my rapid decline) :).

What exam are you guys talking about

What exam are you guys talking about

#5 on ME. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SDCards

Ireland is technically breaking EU in allowing this as the Working Directive says no more than 48 hours per week, but of course none of the hospitals have near enough doctors to achieve that!

Well, if the pay got better and they stopped cutting so much while working doctors so hard, maybe they'd have a better chance of having more doctors. And fewer doctors would be under so much pressure to keep the job that they DO have... :/

#5 on ME. :)

what were your scores in each section?

SDCards wrote: »
    Well, if the pay got better and they stopped cutting so much while working doctors so hard, maybe they'd have a better chance of having more doctors. And fewer doctors would be under so much pressure to keep the job that they DO have... :/

I'm surprised it's not better payed. In Norway they'd be striking/protesting then and then the state would have to negociate because healt care system would fail if doctors refused to work. Such striking is allowed every second year, and last year it was the school system and teachers that striked until they got better wages.

Anyhow, I heard all the protests and complaints about the IMO on radio and the conditions are seriously dangerous. I had no idea it was this bad in Ireland. Are there similarities in the UK?

what were your scores in each section?

I've only done S1 & S2, which are 98 and 84.

I'll do S3 tomorrow.

ah cool.i got same in section 1 and 98 in sc 3 .ill do 2 tomoro.duno bout that score tho ha

ah cool.i got same in section 1 and 98 in sc 3 .ill do 2 tomoro.duno bout that score tho ha

Two 98th percentiles? That's unreal, particularly your S3 one!

Any tips on how you do so well in that sec?

• Advertisement

Two 98th percentiles? That's unreal, particularly your S3 one!

Any tips on how you do so well in that sec?

section1 was a bit flukey id say.ehm for section 3 just try fly through the sequence ones giving you more time for the middle ones as they are the most difficult

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement