Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Julian81

I want to attend this HPAT Prep course in Dublin on the weekend of 16 and 17 February 2013: "********-hpat.ie". It costs 625 Euro per person, but if I organise a group of 3 (in other words get 2 more people to register with me), then it costs 385 per person. Is anyone interested in joining me to register for next weekend? If so, please contact me ASAP! I phoned them, and they say it takes about 4 days for them to set up the group discount.
    Thanks,
    Julian in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

only starting the mocks haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

0mega wrote: »
    It's annoying how simple the ACER practice test is, in the section 2 there's one obvious correct answer and three obviously incorrect answers.

I anticipate the real thing to be 4 equally possible correct answers :(

is it wiser to do another med entry exam or a test practice booklet? i more than likely wont have time to do everything..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I was at it and really don't think it's worth that kind of money. The online course is good, the day course was quite average and I don't feel I gained much from it personally. Perhaps something to consider before you fork out that kind of money at this late stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Julian81

Thanks 0mega.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 pokkyoc

Now that the pres are out of the way, I can concentrate on the HPAT in the coming week :) I still have 5 tests on ME left... Would it be too much to do all 5 over the midterm? Or will it be better to save a few until the week before the actual HPAT? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

pokkyoc wrote: »
    Now that the pres are out of the way, I can concentrate on the HPAT in the coming week :) I still have 5 tests on ME left... Would it be too much to do all 5 over the midterm? Or will it be better to save a few until the week before the actual HPAT? :confused:

I'm the same but I'm going to do most of them over mid-term except maybe one and for the two weeks after to be reviewing the questions I got wrong and doing drills because you never know what might happen and you mightn't have time to do them! Also you don't want to leave an exam to the last week and then do terribly in it because thats just going to be disheartening!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

I was at it and really don't think it's worth that kind of money. The online course is good, the day course was quite average and I don't feel I gained much from it personally. Perhaps something to consider before you fork out that kind of money at this late stage.

what online course did you do??

How did people find Acer Exam 1 Section 1? I was actually surprised but pleased with its difficulty (I only got 32/44). I'd say that is more reflective of the standard as opposed to the section 2 one I mentioned the other day. Far too tired to look through the solutions though at this hour.
    KristineKJ wrote: »
    what online course did you do??

ME? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm planning on doing ACER Practice Test 1 tomorrow, I only really leafed through it in the past but I'll do it under exam conditions tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well, could do with a bit of a confidence boost though I won't take my S2 result too seriously!

Also anyone else been having a bit of a break this weekend? I haven't done anything LC/HPAT related and it's been lovely. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Slow Show wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing ACER Practice Test 1 tomorrow, I only really leafed through it in the past but I'll do it under exam conditions tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well, could do with a bit of a confidence boost though I won't take my S2 result too seriously!

Also anyone else been having a bit of a break this weekend? I haven't done anything LC/HPAT related and it's been lovely. :)

Yeah had the whole weekend off. And the rest of the week...

Tomorrow though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I think a break from HPAT Prep did me some good, today I did an ME exam and got S1: 90 S2: 85 and S3: 36

The first two results are well up there with the highest results I've gotten so far, S3 is quite a bit down compared to normal, swings and roundabouts I suppose!

Gah been having a break form hpat last couple of days after doing the second acer booklet. Just checked my result and got about 60% in each category. Soo disappointed. :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

....... and the intense prep begins tomorrow!
    it will all be behind us this day 3 weeks lads :D

I think a break from HPAT Prep did me some good, today I did an ME exam and got S1: 90 S2: 85 and S3: 36

The first two results are well up there with the highest results I've gotten so far, S3 is quite a bit down compared to normal, swings and roundabouts I suppose!

What exam was that? I've got my highest results yet on #7 which I'm delighted with too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

What exam was that? I've got my highest results yet on #7 which I'm delighted with too. :)

Exam 4, I forgot for some reason to do it when I forged on with the others so I can back to do it!

did acer exam 1 section 2 and got only 2 questions wrong! but when i put this into ME solutions that was the 50th percentile! what the hell? ......... :(
    also does anyone know where the exam is in sligo?

Anyone else finding when you input your results from ACER Exam 1 that the percentiles are way off. Like I know I didn't do amazingly but like I really don't think I did worse than that many people. :pac: I get S2 like, it was incredibly easy, I got one wrong and got like 68th but the other two are weird. Although I accidentally input a few scores for both of them wrong because I am a genius. :pac:

Gonna make it my mission to do Practice Exam 2 and do better than 1, like I have no excuses for not doing better. >_<

I put in my answers for S3 of one of the booklets and got 88th percentile back which I was a bit shocked at. That would be better than any of my actual S3 exams done on ME.

Haven't bothered putting them in for any of the other sections though, people might have worked through the booklet 2 or 3 times previously.

what precentages did ppl get on acer booklet 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kirby2k07

sure the grading method says highest grade so those percentiles could be ridiculously off

All questions have the same value, therefore by attempting as many questions as possible you stand the best chance of maximising your score.
    No marks are deducted for a wrong answer

this is what it says on acer's website! why would they say that if it wasn't true. wouldnt they just omit it instead.
    not so sure if what ME says is true?! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

this is what it says on acer's website! why would they say that if it wasn't true. wouldnt they just omit it instead.
    not so sure if what ME says is true?! :/

I didn't do the ME day course but someone I know did and she was telling me this as well.. :/ If it is true, does that mean that leaving a blank may potentially be better than guessing a wrong answer or is a blank considered as a wrong answer. If the latter is the case then it doesn't really make a difference if there is negative marking or not, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alphashadows

Can anyone tell me how the sections are broken up in regards to the 300 points? Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how the sections are broken up in regards to the 300 points? Thanks.

100 per section? It doesn't matter anyway, you can't divide your time.

dmca93 wrote: »
    I didn't do the ME day course but someone I know did and she was telling me this as well.. :/ If it is true, does that mean that leaving a blank may potentially be better than guessing a wrong answer or is a blank considered as a wrong answer. If the latter is the case then it doesn't really make a difference if there is negative marking or not, does it?

well if you can eliminate at least one wrong answer then it is better to guess than to leave blank. but if you cannot eliminate any, seemingly it's the same to leave blank or to guess. but hey, luck may be on your side that day....
    "may the odds be ever in your favor"

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

well if you can eliminate at least one wrong answer then it is better to guess than to leave blank. but if you cannot eliminate any, seemingly it's the same to leave blank or to guess. but hey, luck may be on your side that day....
    "may the odds be ever in your favor"

Imagine ! A hpat hunger games last one survives gets into medicine . . . :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alphashadows

100 per section? It doesn't matter anyway, you can't divide your time.

This is true but I'm wondering as regards to calculating my score after I do my practice tests. I don't have the med entry package so I have no way of knowing how well or how bad I am doing :)

Imagine ! A hpat hunger games last one survives gets into medicine . . . :p
    hahaha twud be class sure.... ;)

• Advertisement

Guyssss I just got 70th percentile in a S3 exam. And one of the really late ones! Oh my God you all know by now what me and S3 are like, I'm happy just to not get 0-20 most of the time. This is amazing, yes it was more than likely a massive fluke but I feel unreal. It's like I've achieved enlightenment, I should take up preaching. Just gonna bask in this contentment for a while until I have to move on with my life...:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement