Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Slow Show wrote: »
    Guyssss I just got 70th percentile in a S3 exam. And one of the really late ones! Oh my God you all know by now what me and S3 are like, I'm happy just to not get 0-20 most of the time. This is amazing, yes it was more than likely a massive fluke but I feel unreal. It's like I've achieved enlightenment, I should take up preaching. Just gonna bask in this contentment for a while until I have to move on with my life...:)

congrats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Guyssss I just got 70th percentile in a S3 exam. And one of the really late ones! Oh my God you all know by now what me and S3 are like, I'm happy just to not get 0-20 most of the time. This is amazing, yes it was more than likely a massive fluke but I feel unreal. It's like I've achieved enlightenment, I should take up preaching. Just gonna bask in this contentment for a while until I have to move on with my life...:)

Good for you! I bet that's a good confidence boost. The further you go in the exams aswell, the harder they are to get a good percentile because so few people have done them and you don't have the noobs either! :pac: Great score. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

Well done I think I have this relationship with Sec 2 :p What exam was it if you don't mind me asking ?

I think I have made ME history. 75-75-75 for Exam 8. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Well done I think I have this relationship with Sec 2 :p What exam was it if you don't mind me asking ?

Exam 11! Did fairly OK overall, my S1 was a bit lower than I'd have liked but 2's been going consistently well for the last while. Still incredibly sceptical as to the relevance of comparing ME S2 with the real one though. :/

So I have one ME exam to do, gonna do ACER Practice Test 2 and, time-dependent, I might redo the ME mock. It's weird to be coming to the end, really hope these hours will pay off. 17 days to go! Not even saying that in a bad way, I've nearly done all that I can do, whatever will be will be, just cannot waaaaait to get it over with. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

Omg ! After getting a virus on my computer and cant access any of my hpat stuff. Might not be able to fix it for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Anyone know when we can expect the info mail about time and place for hpat? I know it says 2 weeks prior, but like, on the day or....?

KristineKJ wrote: »
    Anyone know when we can expect the info mail about time and place for hpat? I know it says 2 weeks prior, but like, on the day or....?

seemingly if we dont have it by the 16th we should contact them. not sure where i read that but there ya go . :)

Omg ! After getting a virus on my computer and cant access any of my hpat stuff. Might not be able to fix it for 2 weeks

oh god! :( it will be okay. could you borrow a computer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GoldenPoppy

Are there many people on here that didn't do ME? I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with the amount of people posting percentiles :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Are there many people on here that didn't do ME? I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with the amount of people posting percentiles :/

Nope, I didn't do it either! I only really decided to go for it around December and figured it was too much money for only 2 months of use. I kind of regret that now though... :o

Can anyone tell me how the situation stands regarding repeats sitting the hpat? Are repeats forbidden from sitting the hpat from next year on?

*waves hand* yeah, me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

*waves hand* yeah, me...

And me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pokkyoc

I'm going to do Exam 9 tomorrow... Exam 8 didn't go all that well for me :( Does it get more difficult to get a high percentile score in the later exams?

I got S1: 70 S2: 75 S3: 63

I feel like I'm losing focus! I know the exam is just around the corner but not sure if I'd be able to peak at the right time! S3 for me seems to depend on how many Pick The Middles I get right. For all of the other questions I get 80% of them right usually but for Pick the Middles, I tend to panic... :( Maybe I need to repeat doing those drills again...

pokkyoc wrote: »
    I'm going to do Exam 9 tomorrow... Exam 8 didn't go all that well for me :( Does it get more difficult to get a high percentile score in the later exams?

I got S1: 70 S2: 75 S3: 63

I feel like I'm losing focus! I know the exam is just around the corner but not sure if I'd be able to peak at the right time! S3 for me seems to depend on how many Pick The Middles I get right. For all of the other questions I get 80% of them right usually but for Pick the Middles, I tend to panic... :( Maybe I need to repeat doing those drills again...

Those are great scores, don't worry about it. :) Yes the percentiles do change a bit as you go through the exams, but if that was an earlier exam it'd still be a great overall score!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

Well guys, it's time to start practicing for the HPAT now. Two weeks left and I think i've left it long enough >.>

When did you guys start practicing and did you notice a considerable change in scores/percentiles? I just did the first exam and I got 80~ percentiles across the board but I ran out of time in S1 and didnt answer like 6 questions. I'm assuming this is pretty good since percentiles depend on the number of people who have done the exam before me and because I left it this late, it means I have more competition so the higher percentiles are harder to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Ugh my scores are fluctuating like crazy, I've been doing an exam a day for most of this week, every time I do one (or two) really fantastic section(s) and the others are just ****e, today I got S1: 67 S2: 37 :O S3: 86 (which is big news!) and then yesterday it was S2: 97 (!) and the other two were fairly middling, it's really frustrating to know that I'm fairly capable of doing relatively well in all of them but it never comes all together!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SDCards

Ugh my scores are fluctuating like crazy, I've been doing an exam a day for most of this week, every time I do one (or two) really fantastic section(s) and the others are just ****e, today I got S1: 67 S2: 37 :O S3: 86 (which is big news!) and then yesterday it was S2: 97 (!) and the other two were fairly middling, it's really frustrating to know that I'm fairly capable of doing relatively well in all of them but it never comes all together!

I know precisely how you feel. My S2 loves to dip and shoot up too. S3 is fairly consistent at 60-65 v.v

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Same. S2 has fluctuated from 80/90 to 30s! I improved in S1, my best was 85th but I seem to be down to 60s mostly. S3 seems to be generally 60s. It's quite disheartening, I can only hope that I'll have a good day :P it depends on my mood though.

Same. S2 has fluctuated from 80/90 to 30s! I improved in S1, my best was 85th but I seem to be down to 60s mostly. S3 seems to be generally 60s. It's quite disheartening, I can only hope that I'll have a good day :P it depends on my mood though.

I know, it's so unpredictable, even different times of the day change my results, I do the best in the morning when I'm very alert for S1 and S3 but I do far and away the best in the evening or night with S2

• Advertisement

I'm feeling a bit meh towards HPAT prep atm. I have the mocks next week and really think I'm going to do poorly, which I don't want at all.

I planned on doing so much HPAT this week, but I've only done 1 exam.

Just got my admission ticket, this **** is getting real now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Just got my admission ticket, this **** is getting real now!
    Got mine too. Seems so soon (which it is). Scary!

Oh my god I just got mine too. THIS IS TOO REAL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

To be honest, and this is my humble opinion as someone who did no prep course, but a friend of mine got consistent top percentiles on all the ******** exams and ended up with 150. Not because he wasnt good, but because he over prepared and he freaked on the day. So all you guys that are doing intensive prep for a long while, maybe give it a rest for the next few weeks, maybe do a section a week and relax and get your head around the mindset required for the exam, most importantly the ability to think clearly, some light reading too, perhaps. And best of luck! :D

Just my two cents on the prep stuff.

Oh my god I just got mine too. THIS IS TOO REAL.

same

Where's everyone being shipped off to? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Argh so scary!! Going to Goldsmith Hall in TCD for my hpat...last time I was there was for my finals :eek:

gosh, admission test. Suddenly got all nervous.

UCD, graduate school of business. Anyone else here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

gosh, admission test. Suddenly got all nervous.

UCD, graduate school of business. Anyone else here?

Same here! Email notification woke me up last night :P

Ehm, is there anybody out there who has done no prep courses, and only the HPAT practice papers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement