Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

I really can't see how they could say you could only do the HPAT once ever, like if they reduced the currency of results to 1 year that would be fair as it would stop the problem of people taking up a college course and then dropping out if they did well enough in the HPAT but like only allowing you to do it once ever is just crazy, like what if you were sick or genuinely didn't do as well as you're capable of?

God I sincerely hope so! I suppose that would make sense. I met someone in the library who is repeating the HPAT for the 3rd time and solely to get UCD. he got offered NUIG. this is ludicrously crazy! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

God I sincerely hope so! I suppose that would make sense. I met someone in the library who is repeating the HPAT for the 3rd time and solely to get UCD. he got offered NUIG. this is ludicrously crazy! :O

Yeah I met someone at the ME weekend and he got NUIG but he wanted UCC (Now I know it's just 1 point in the difference so it must've been fairly cruel to miss out!) but really I'd take anywhere given the chance!

Now in fairness to him he did live in Cork so it might've been a case that he couldn't afford to move out of his house, he never said why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I really can't see how they could say you could only do the HPAT once ever, like if they reduced the currency of results to 1 year that would be fair as it would stop the problem of people taking up a college course and then dropping out if they did well enough in the HPAT but like only allowing you to do it once ever is just crazy, like what if you were sick or genuinely didn't do as well as you're capable of?

Yeah, as someone who's pretty much chronically sick and has had to not go out for about two months for fear of triggering something so I don't mess up the week after next, I'd be pretty ticked off if they turned around and said we weren't allowed a second shot.

Yeah, as someone who's pretty much chronically sick and has had to not go out for about two months for fear of triggering something so I don't mess up the week after next, I'd be pretty ticked off if they turned around and said we weren't allowed a second shot.

Yeah I have Diabetes and I'm just worried that I'd get a hypo while in there, consequently not be able to concentrate and just mess it all up!

Though medical condition or not I think it's patently unfair to not allow someone another shot, like I can't think of any exam that doesn't allow you repeat!

Yeah I met someone at the ME weekend and he got NUIG but he wanted UCC (Now I know it's just 1 point in the difference so it must've been fairly cruel to miss out!) but really I'd take anywhere given the chance!

Now in fairness to him he did live in Cork so it might've been a case that he couldn't afford to move out of his house, he never said why.

oh really? yeah i would take anywhere at all. but i suppose everyone has their own circumstances.
    but this guy is from the midlands so anywhere is suitable! :P bar cork but still possible

• Advertisement

hopefully you will be okay :)
    same to you eurovisionmad! :)

bar cork but still possible

Down with that sort of Cork bashing! :P

I'd sort of love to move out, but living only 20 minutes from UCC it's unlikely unless I only get NUIG which is only one point less than UCC so the probability is fairly small!

Down with that sort of Cork bashing! :P

I'd sort of love to move out, but living only 20 minutes from UCC it's unlikely unless I only get NUIG which is only one point less than UCC so the probability is fairly small!

Haha oh i beg your pardon! :P
    well Cork is hard to get to from Longford. and yeah i'm from Longford so don't judge me too harshly.
    haha oh im sure that is a slim probability.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

For those who got the email from ME last night, where do we find this document on HPAT 2012 on the LMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

oh really? yeah i would take anywhere at all. but i suppose everyone has their own circumstances.
    but this guy is from the midlands so anywhere is suitable! :P bar cork but still possible

In that case, that's absolutely ridiculous and I'm delighted for the person that got his place in the second round. :p

• Advertisement

0mega wrote: »
    For those who got the email from ME last night, where do we find this document on HPAT 2012 on the LMS?

hello omega! :)
    go to the drop down menu thing and click "learning forums" it can be found there.
    although it's not that helpful to be honest

Slow Show wrote: »
    In that case, that's absolutely ridiculous and I'm delighted for the person that got his place in the second round. :p

Haha same! :D like if you really want to do medicine and any area is accessible it is ridiculous to turn it down and displays a real lack of determination!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Yeah I have Diabetes and I'm just worried that I'd get a hypo while in there, consequently not be able to concentrate and just mess it all up!

Though medical condition or not I think it's patently unfair to not allow someone another shot, like I can't think of any exam that doesn't allow you repeat!

I read somewhere on the HPAT info booklet that diabetic candidates can bring in chocolate or something into the exam, I think you might have to bring a medical cert though!

Really I don't understand snobbery with Medicine, like I understand in something like science there's a big difference between Science in TCD and in somewhere like Carlow IT, but with Medicine I don't think any prospective employer cares massively about which University you went to, a medicine degree is a medicine degree at the end of the day!

hopefully you will be okay :)
    same to you eurovisionmad! :)

<3 A man can dream.

I read somewhere on the HPAT info booklet that diabetic candidates can bring in chocolate or something into the exam, I think you might have to bring a medical cert though!

I think though I had to have notified them before some date early in February but I forgot! Having said that I might just leave my blood sugar go a little high for the exam (which has no short term consequences) or I'll just bring chocolate and try my luck, like I can't imagine them saying no you'll just have to blackout rather than bring in chocolate ;)

<3 A man can dream.

we're all dreamers here.
    "Man's greatest fear is not aiming to high and not succeeding but aiming too low and succeeding."

we're all dreamers here.
    "Man's greatest fear is not aiming to high and not succeeding but aiming too low and succeeding."

That reminded me slightly of this video, which I adore!

Really I don't understand snobbery with Medicine, like I understand in something like science there's a big difference between Science in TCD and in somewhere like Carlow IT, but with Medicine I don't think any prospective employer cares massively about which University you went to, a medicine degree is a medicine degree at the end of the day!

precisely! :)

That reminded me slightly of this video, which I adore!

haha i can understand the connection. Good Video! <3

• Advertisement

I think though I had to have notified them before some date early in February but I forgot! Having said that I might just leave my blood sugar go a little high for the exam (which has no short term consequences) or I'll just bring chocolate and try my luck, like I can't imagine them saying no you'll just have to blackout rather than bring in chocolate ;)

as a matter of interest, what is your favorite eurovision song? :P

as a matter of interest, what is your favorite eurovision song? :P

All-time? Last Year? This Year (so far! The National final "season" has already started ;) )?

Nice selection of inspiring posts, fellows. All I can reciprocate is the following:

NEVER GIVE UP

All-time? Last Year? This Year (so far! The National final "season" has already started ;) )?

all of the above! :P i liked Greece's last year... oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh you make me want my aphrodesiac....
    and also: i'm in love with a fairytale, even though it huuuuuurts.......

Nice selection of inspiring posts, fellows. All I can reciprocate is the following:

NEVER GIVE UP

oh stop it you *blushes* haha lol.
    haha nice, i like it: simple but yet wise, very wise.

all of the above! :P i liked Greece's last year... oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh you make me want my aphrodesiac....
    and also: i'm in love with a fairytale, even though it huuuuuurts.......

Okey dokey that's good cause I haven't go one particular favorite there's a few!

Alexander Rybak in 2009 definitely is up there as one of my favorites! It is still within the top 25 most played on my iTunes 4 years on!

Last year I loved Loreen with Eurphoria, that song made Eurovision a slight bit more acceptable to listen to so that's always good ;)

From a bit further back then there's Helena Paparizou with My Number One, in 2005, who unfortunately came 5th but deserved 1st!

Another Greek entry I loved (which also didn't win) was Secret Combination by Kalomira in 2008

And my favorite Irish entry was probably back in the golden days when we couldn't not win it, and Linda wasn't an insufferable b**ch! Why Me by Linda Martin!

Okay I think I've spammed the thread with enough Europop for today ;)

EDIT: I forgot about one other Irish song I love, I couldn't choose between this and Linda Martin! Rock 'n' Roll Kids by Paul Harrington & Charlie McGettigan

Okey dokey that's good cause I haven't go one particular favorite there's a few!

Alexander Rybak in 2009 definitely is up there as one of my favorites! It is still within the top 25 most played on my iTunes 4 years on!

Last year I loved Loreen with Eurphoria, that song made Eurovision a slight bit more acceptable to listen to so that's always good ;)

From a bit further back then there's Helena Paparizou with My Number One, in 2005, who unfortunately came 5th but deserved 1st!

Another Greek entry I loved (which also didn't win) was Secret Combination by Kalomira in 2008

And my favorite Irish entry was probably back in the golden days when we couldn't not win it, and Linda wasn't an insufferable b**ch! Why Me by Linda Martin!

Okay I think I've spammed the thread with enough Europop for today ;)

EDIT: I forgot about one other Irish song I love, I couldn't choose between this and Linda Martin! Rock 'n' Roll Kids by Paul Harrington & Charlie McGettigan

you my friend, have excellent taste. they are great choices! :)
    haha i also love the eurovision!
    ps. alexander rubak is hot! ;)

you my friend, have excellent taste. they are great choices! :)
    haha i also love the eurovision!
    ps. alexander rubak is hot! ;)

Yeah he'd get it! Speaking of hot Scandinavian Eurovision conetestants may I introduce Eric Saade to the HPAT thread ;)

Yeah he'd get it! Speaking of hot Scandinavian Eurovision conetestants may I introduce Eric Saade to the HPAT thread ;)

oh yesss he would also get it! :P haha. look what this thread has escalated to be! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

Did many do the CS mock exam at the weekend ?

How did ye get on ?

Anyone want to compare scores ? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement