Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

you my friend, have excellent taste. they are great choices! :)
    haha i also love the eurovision!
    ps. alexander rubak is hot! ;)

Haha, I like how you're all fans of the norwegian singer and violin player. Alexander Rybak is probably Norway`s best entry to the eurovision ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

KristineKJ wrote: »
    Haha, I like how you're all fans of the norwegian singer and violin player. Alexander Rybak is probably Norway`s best entry to the eurovision ever.

He's just so cute! I just want to eat him all up! I also love when he speaks in Norwegian, it sounds sort of cute also ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

do ye all look like that over there? :P

He's just so cute! I just want to eat him all up! I also love when he speaks in Norwegian, it sounds sort of cute also ;)

oh shtop! he is th epitome of cute! :P eat him up...... ? hmmmmm

Ahhhaha, naww wouldn`t say that. Most norwegian boys are either blond or dark blond...He kinda looks a bit south European, I think he only has one norwegian parent.

`Er forelsket i et eventyr, selv om det gjør vondt.
    Bryr meg ikkje om jeg går fra vettet
    er allerede fortapt`

..and then the violin goes

• Advertisement

Ahhhaha, naww wouldn`t say that. Most norwegian boys are either blond or dark blond...He kinda looks a bit south European, I think he only has one norwegian parent.

er allerede fortapt`

haha aww i'm sure they are still better than the irish. :P
    hahaha

But norwegian boys are so shyyy. And soo stereotype.

And...um, when did the hpat thread get all weird talking about boys?

Oh well.

Sick of Norway...wanna go to Ireland and study...God, I wanna do well in the hpat.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Of all times for this thread to go crazy off-topic, I didn't expect it to be less than 2 weeks away from the exam. :D

0mega wrote: »
    Of all times for this thread to go crazy off-topic, I didn't expect it to be less than 2 weeks away from the exam. :D

LOL crazy right?

er allerede fortapt`

I think he was born in Belarus I think!

In other news, just did S1 and S2 of exam 8, disaster doesn't even describe it, this is the last thing I need less than 2 weeks until the HPAT, I think though I should aim to do my exams in the morning from now on, I'm more alert and it's reflective if the real thing which will be in the morning also!

And I did notice the question in S2 about Elliot from Scrubs and her bangs story! I think I got that right at least! ;)

• Advertisement

I think he was born in Belarus I think!

In other news, just did S1 and S2 of exam 8, disaster doesn't even describe it, this is the last thing I need less than 2 weeks until the HPAT, I think though I should aim to do my exams in the morning from now on, I'm more alert and it's reflective if the real thing which will be in the morning also!

And I did notice the question in S2 about Elliot from Scrubs and her bangs story! I think I got that right at least! ;)

ah don't worry about it. i think at this stage whatever will be will be! :)
    sure get the exams done and that but remember that in the HPAT, it is high stakes so you will be more alert and according to the 2012 forums the actual hpat is a lot easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Did many do the CS mock exam at the weekend ?

How did ye get on ?

Anyone want to compare scores ? :D

Yeah I was gonna PM you, so annoying they didn't get us to correct them and just raise our hands quickly for different scores like at ME, would have taken 10 minutes and given us an idea of how we did.

I scored 35 in S1, 20 in S2 :o and 25 in S3.

U?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

Yeah I was gonna PM you, so annoying they didn't get us to correct them and just raise our hands quickly for different scores like at ME, would have taken 10 minutes and given us an idea of how we did.

I scored 35 in S1, 20 in S2 :o and 25 in S3.

U?

Got 28 25 and 27.

Congrats on Section 1 score was hoping mine would be in the thirities .

To be quite honest I think those scores are fairly meh . . .

I completely agree with what you said about them scoring it.
    Like for god sake if everyone emailed them a score and they arranged them in order you could quite easily tell what percentile you were in without any algorithim. The algorithim is used to devise what score The percentile on Med Entry I would say is based on a raw score without any algorithim . . .

After a week with little or no HPAT study I sat down to do Exam 9.

WTF !!!

Like this is no joke.Got the highest ever in Section 1 with 38 / 44.
    In my head I'm going yesssss !! Finish review 68 th percentile . . .

Section 2 went very well 98th

and my best section Setion 3 ....

totally bombed it Thought the questions were much harder than usual a slightly disheartening percentile of 48 compared with my previous scores of high 80s . . .

"Hell hath no fury like a Hpat student scorned !"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hermione Granger.

The exact same thing happened to me last year, i did an exam the day before the Hpat and got 97th percentile in section 1 which was always my worst section and thought i was fine, obviously not seen as I'm doing it again this year! Can i ask, I think im actually getting worse at section 2 if that's possible?! Do you have any tips for answering, you seem to be doing amazing in it!

After a week with little or no HPAT study I sat down to do Exam 9.

WTF !!!

Like this is no joke.Got the highest ever in Section 1 with 38 / 44.
    In my head I'm going yesssss !! Finish review 68 th percentile . . .

Section 2 went very well 98th

and my best section Setion 3 ....

totally bombed it Thought the questions were much harder than usual a slightly disheartening percentile of 48 compared with my previous scores of high 80s . . .

"Hell hath no fury like a Hpat student scorned !"

Yeah that happened to me also, before the Pres I was doing very poorly I was really disimproving with each exam, I took a break of almost 4 weeks for the pres and everything has been going relatively well now!

Mighty, we have two Hermione Grangers now :p

Well done on the 27 for S3 that's really good. I haven't looked at the solutions yet must sit down and do it tonight. Really upset about the section 2 I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Totally relate to that on exam 9, I got 37 and was like YESSSSS and then got a similar percentile. Tbh it was easier than usual though, I'd say there was a huge gap in percentiles from one score to the next at 40ish.

Anyway I have a question for people who sat the HPAT last year, what was the layout like? Like in the practise exams from ACER for S1 they seem to ease you in a bit with short questions and then longer questions towards the end? And in S3 is it divided into 10 Next in Sequence/Missing Segment/Pick the Middle or is it mixed up?

The exact same thing happened to me last year, i did an exam the day before the Hpat and got 97th percentile in section 1 which was always my worst section and thought i was fine, obviously not seen as I'm doing it again this year! Can i ask, I think im actually getting worse at section 2 if that's possible?! Do you have any tips for answering, you seem to be doing amazing in it!

Thanks for stealing my usename I put a lot of thought into that !!!!

Am I'm not sure to tell you the truth. My Sec 2 scores keep fluctuating. You're supposed to be in a really good mood doing it but I'm not so sure. I read a lot of fiction and have really tried to improve my vocabulary.

How far off were you last year ?

Yeah that happened to me also, before the Pres I was doing very poorly I was really disimproving with each exam, I took a break of almost 4 weeks for the pres and everything has been going relatively well now!

Well I had a virus on my comp last week so I couldn't do anything. I'm going away for a couple of more days so at least that will be a bit of the break but still what a time to loose it . . .

• Advertisement

Mighty, we have two Hermione Grangers now :p

Well done on the 27 for S3 that's really good. I haven't looked at the solutions yet must sit down and do it tonight. Really upset about the section 2 I got.

I think the CS Sec 3 are really easy in comparison to the ME.

Same as regards Sec 2 but at least it's more ambiguous than ME.

I know about the other Hermione Granger. THAT'S NOT ME!!!

I AM THE REAL HERMIONE GRANGER. (obviously not really Muggles !)

Slow Show wrote: »
    Totally relate to that on exam 9, I got 37 and was like YESSSSS and then got a similar percentile. Tbh it was easier than usual though, I'd say there was a huge gap in percentiles from one score to the next at 40ish.

Anyway I have a question for people who sat the HPAT last year, what was the layout like? Like in the practise exams from ACER for S1 they seem to ease you in a bit with short questions and then longer questions towards the end? And in S3 is it divided into 10 Next in Sequence/Missing Segment/Pick the Middle or is it mixed up?

Cant remember with Sec 1 but yes Sec 3 is split up into sections . . . What they aren't very clear about though in the run up to the HPAT is that you can't actually go from one Section to another during the time limit for that particular Section like you can't go on to Sec 3 if you're finished Section 2 early which is a bit of a pain in the behind !!!

I got 40/48 in that exam and it scored 84th percentile.

They're mixed up from booklet to booklet anyway, so the doing them in reverse thing doesn't give you an advantage and cause the desks are close together you can easily see into your neighbour's answer sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tanga1

Do you guys think the ******** exams are getting easier the newer they are? Or is it because we're improving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I heard the mixing up questions in different booklets is a myth from people who did it before? I definitely wouldn't start at the end regardless, I have way too big a fear of messing up my answer sheet! And my timing isn't too bad anyway, like there's always a point in S1 where I'm like SH*T but it usually works out OK in the end. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I was wondering about the mixing up of the questions! Is the exam paper you get specific to you as a candidate or does it say nothing about you? If that's the case, then how could they mix up the questions - because they wouldn't know which order they were in for you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pokkyoc

Did Exam 10 today!! :)

I got S1: 72 S2: 66 S3: 91!! :eek::eek::eek:

I've never even gotten over 80th in Section 3!! A huge surprise!! :) In Sections 1 & 2, my raw scores seem consistent enough so I'm not too bothered with my percentile scores as such any more... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 saddlehorse

I have the most fluctuating results ever for example S3 ranged between 0-20 (twice) to 94 with a very random graph in between. S1 is fairly consistant around the 70th with a few slips but section 2 is the worst... I usually narrow it down to one of the two right answers and pick the wrong one... I am a body language person i usually dont take head of the words as the tone its used i watch a thousand movies and never read books-its just so heavily based on your mood and im a fairly gloomy fecker a lot of the time... any real strategies actually helping with 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I heard the mixing up questions in different booklets is a myth from people who did it before? I definitely wouldn't start at the end regardless, I have way too big a fear of messing up my answer sheet! And my timing isn't too bad anyway, like there's always a point in S1 where I'm like SH*T but it usually works out OK in the end. :)

As far as I know its just a myth, a computer is used to correct all the papers so it would add an awful lot of hassle to set it up for different orders of questions. Also you could argue that some people got easier questions first and therefore started off in a better mindset, timing was easier, etc.

If it stays the same as previous years, it will start off with shorter questions (with about 3 fitting on one page) and then move onto longer ones with graphs or long descriptions with only one per page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 saddlehorse

It actually wouldnt be that much of an issue each booklet is given a code, there may only be 10 different types where the questions are laid out the same but the choice answers are jumbled a bit, the computer recognizes the code of the paper type as its inputted on the answer sheet and it works from there. Like theres still the same choices it just recognizes that in q1 the answer is b on one type and maybe c on another. Its just to discourage cheating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement