Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

There will be no food left in my house by next Saturday! I tend to comfort eat :L

Is there anyone doing the hpat in cork? I can't believe it's next week it's just so so soon!

I'm doing it in Cork, which centre are you I'm in the Kampus Kitchen in the Kane!

Just finished my last ME practice exam between now and the real thing! I did relatively good! (it was exam 10 if anyone is wondering!) I got S1: 92 S2: 93 and S3: 40 :o As always by the time I get to S3 I'm sick of doing the exam and don't give the section my best attention and choose any old answer, I presume (hope!) that won't happen in the exam! I'll do a few S3 this week and read over the solutions to the two exam I did this weekend but take it easy really! If I were to get those two S1 and S2 percentiles in the real thing I'd be over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SDCards

As always by the time I get to S3 I'm sick of doing the exam and don't give the section my best attention and choose any old answer, I presume (hope!) that won't happen in the exam!

I feel ya... :/ My brain just wants to STOP by the time I get to S3. Always leaves me wishing S3 was second and not last...

On another note, anyone in Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AverageGirl

I'm doing it in Cork, which centre are you I'm in the Kampus Kitchen in the Kane!

Just finished my last ME practice exam between now and the real thing! I did relatively good! (it was exam 10 if anyone is wondering!) I got S1: 92 S2: 93 and S3: 40 :o As always by the time I get to S3 I'm sick of doing the exam and don't give the section my best attention and choose any old answer, I presume (hope!) that won't happen in the exam! I'll do a few S3 this week and read over the solutions to the two exam I did this weekend but take it easy really! If I were to get those two S1 and S2 percentiles in the real thing I'd be over the moon!

I'm in the Aula maxima! I'm gonna be the person sitting on my own in floods of tears

BTW is anyone else here not doing Biology for the LC? If I get a reasonably good result from the HPAT in June I'll be studying Biology non-stop over the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

SDCards wrote: »
    I feel ya... :/ My brain just wants to STOP by the time I get to S3. Always leaves me wishing S3 was second and not last...

On another note, anyone in Trinity?

I'm in Trinners, Goldsmith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Also hope everyone's study is going well :) Not long now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Ever have those times when you can just feel a cold coming along but can't feel its full symptoms yet? I swear I've had that for like a week but it's getting worse tonight, actually on the brink of praying that I wake up tomorrow feeling like crap so I'll be back in form on Saturday. If I was properly sick for the HPAT I don't even know what I'd do, curl into a ball and die I think...

I'm in Trinners, Goldsmith!

Ah, I'm in the Exam Hall. I do not like that Hall -.-

Countdown has begun :D Cannot wait for this to just be over. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

BTW is anyone else here not doing Biology for the LC? If I get a reasonably good result from the HPAT in June I'll be studying Biology non-stop over the summer!

Sounds like a good reason. I didn't do biology as it was not a requirement in Norway, but there's alot of basic biology terminology as well as biochemistry the first year, so it's very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm not looking to do medicine next year (I'm not that ambitious :pac), but I see that the HPAT is this Saturday.

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone sitting it next week. One of my best friends is sitting it, so I've seen how tough it is! Good luck, and remember if you don't get the points there's always the *Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014* thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Ah, I'm in the Exam Hall. I do not like that Hall -.-

Countdown has begun :D Cannot wait for this to just be over. ^_^

Me too. Where exactly is the Exam Hall though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

I'm not looking to do medicine next year (I'm not that ambitious :pac), but I see that the HPAT is this Saturday.

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone sitting it next week. One of my best friends is sitting it, so I've seen how tough it is! Good luck, and remember if you don't get the points there's always the *Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014* thread :D

thank you :)

Me too. Where exactly is the Exam Hall though?

Front Square. Where the bell tower is. You'll see people milling around, I'm sure!

This should help:
    http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/assets/pdf/tcd-campus.pdf

(They changed the name to the 'Public Theatre' in 2011 I think)

Front Square. Where the bell tower is. You'll see people milling around, I'm sure!

This should help:

I'm really glad I'm not in the Exam Hall in TCD or the Aula Maxima in UCC, they're so ornate and their architecture is so amazing I'd say I'd end up being a bit distracted by them!

I'm really glad I'm not in the Exam Hall in TCD or the Aula Maxima in UCC, they're so ornate and their architecture is so amazing I'd say I'd end up being a bit distracted by them!

Precisely why I don't like my exams in that Hall. I lost so much time during an easy enough exam, I'm not even kidding when I say I scored half as well as I should have!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

This should help:

Oh cool, that's grand. Thanks mon.

^ No worries :]

• Registered Users Posts: 9 saddlehorse

Need to pick myself up a hip flask for when I'm leaving UCC... Might come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Quite embarrassed about my ACER Paper 1 scores:
    Section 1: 20
    Section 2: 31
    Section 3: 12 (gahhh :mad: )

Saturday will certainly be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pokkyoc

Nervous for Saturday!! :eek:

Did Exam 12 today and although my raw scores weren't all that great, my percentiles didn't seem all that bad!! Section 3 was a nightmare though!!

I now have all of the drills and exams on ME done! I think I'll focus on doing as many Pick the Middles as possible in the coming days!! And reviewing some of the test papers...!! Saturday will be interesting!! :eek: Hopefully it won't be that bad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 pokkyoc

Quite embarrassed about my ACER Paper 1 scores:
    Section 1: 20
    Section 2: 31
    Section 3: 12 (gahhh :mad: )

Saturday will certainly be interesting...

Your Section 2 score is excellent! :)

pokkyoc wrote: »
    Your Section 2 score is excellent! :)

Thanks :) Although I've read on here before that its much easier than Section 2 of the actual HPAT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

guys do ye think the ME exams are harder, easier or on the same level as the actual H-PAT. I personally think the section 3's are easier in the actual H-PAT. The ME exams have too many pick the middle questions but in reality only a few of them come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Glitt_123 wrote: »
    guys do ye think the ME exams are harder, easier or on the same level as the actual H-PAT. I personally think the section 3's are easier in the actual H-PAT. The ME exams have too many pick the middle questions but in reality only a few of them come up.

Sadly ME aren't being too unreasonable with their Pick the Middle demands, it seems as if a third of S3 is indeed Pick the Middle which I'd estimate is the same with ME!

General consensus from what I've seen is S2 is much easier on ME, S1 and 3 fairly standard though perhaps a bit harder, I suppose we'll know ourselves on Saturday!

Anyone following my health and well-being, no closer to having this damn cold/flu/whatever over. Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AverageGirl

Everyone here seems so calm.. Am I the only one whose actually really nervous? If so.. **** :L

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Naw, I'm freaking out these days...seriously nervous, but I hope to be reasonbly calm Saturday (wishful thinking)

Everyone here seems so calm.. Am I the only one whose actually really nervous? If so.. **** :L

No I'm pretty nervous too! Hopefully we'll all be feeling a bit calmer by Saturday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I'm actually kinda chilled now. What will be will be, we've been told many times that it's not an exam you can cram for.. it's either meant to be or it's not. At the end of the day, a year to repeat the HPAT isn't long in the grand scheme of things on your way to becoming a doctor! (Of course, this isn't ideal but it's not a matter of life and death)

I'm sure we've all worked our hardest for it, so we'll just have to wait and see.

0mega wrote: »
    I'm actually kinda chilled now. What will be will be, we've been told many times that it's not an exam you can cram for.. it's either meant to be or it's not. At the end of the day, a year to repeat the HPAT isn't long in the grand scheme of things on your way to becoming a doctor! (Of course, this isn't ideal but it's not a matter of life and death)

I'm sure we've all worked our hardest for it, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Repeating the HPAT next year would be ideal, the problem is that that prospect is looking uncertain! I wish they were less vague about repeating HPATers who aren't repeating the LC... Otherwise I'm going to have to spend 4 years some course before I get anywhere near medicine! That is if I screw the HPAT up on Saturday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 The Fighter 1

Ooh! All the UCD Business School crowd could all go get lunch together (food is always on my mind) :D

Yeah, I just did the second ACER paper there, and printed out all 37 pages of sections 1 and 2 (it took an age to print). It was far handier, and my timing was far better for it, so I suppose that's the good news.

The bad news is I did terrible in the 2 sections! I'm actually too ashamed to put up my scores! Section 1 went absolutely horrendously for me, and section 2 I did really well in the first paper but my score dropped significantly! I'm actually so disheartened I could cry and I'm leaving Section 3 for another night. :( I wish I could have done ME for some confidence, at least!

That's exactly what happened to me! I got a really good score in Section 2 on the practice material paper 1 and I was just awful at section 2 on the practice paper 2. Section 1 wasn't much better on the practice paper 2 either. Haven't had the guts t look at section 3 of the practice paper 2 yet haha. I'm practising with the first paper.

Do you guys think that the 2nd practice material paper s much harder than the first. I hope the real exam is like the first paper!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement