Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Ok guys did my final ME Exam 12 today !!!

To be quite honest I'm not entirely sure how I got on . . . .

I tell ye my raw scores and percentiles and I'd appreciate your opinions as to whether I'm below aveage or middle of the road or whatever . .

Sec 1: 30/48 82nd
    Sec 2 29/44 47th
    Sec 3 22/42 92nd

That's an extremely good result S1 and S3 results, all going well and with a little bit of luck on the day with your S2 you could do very well!

I've decided I'm staying at home tomorrow, have a lie in, relax, not much else I can do anyway, better then rushing around school for nothing in particular!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

So as the big day approaches, i would like to wish everyone on the forum the very best of luck.
    The preparation is done and we can only do our best.
    Remember not to give up on your dream to become a Doctor as with determination we can get it sometime.
    :D keep calm and relax. x

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

Guys how are ye timing Sec 1 ? Like are ye starting at 1 and working your way through or staring at the middle and working towards the end or doing logic then problem solving ????

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

Anyone else having trouble logging into the hpat section on the ME site?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Guys how are ye timing Sec 1 ? Like are ye starting at 1 and working your way through or staring at the middle and working towards the end or doing logic then problem solving ????

I tend to start at q.1 and work my way through, a minute per question, but I think I might try starting with the ones nearer the end with a few questions per text, to get settled into it with more time to work with for each text. I've not got a lot to practice with, though :P

In other news, my passport arrived in the post today, after me going through 2 attempts at getting a letter of identity from the school and ticking the latter option on my admission ticket. Typical :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fiddles44 wrote: »

I haven't tried but I was advised that it's likely on the few days before it the site might be swamped!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Fiddles44 wrote: »

No problem getting in but the sites actually just so slow its not even worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

Supposedly ME is looking into the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Guys, what can I do to improve my mood? I dunno but I'm feeling quite down and that's not the right frame of mind for Section 2!

Anyone got some tips (and genuine stuff, not just 'try smile and think of puppies') to improve your mood quickly? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

my friend got med-ntry since last October and just started working on it this week LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

LOGGING INTO ME FOR THE LAST TIME HELL YES. Gonna look at some solutions for S3 or something for a while and then that's it. ENOUGH.

I'm gonna go to school tomorrow, not for the sake of my education, but because I want to tire myself out, really don't want to face a sleepless night like last night (stayed home yesterday).

I'm starting at the beginning and working my way through S1 unless something happens on the day that makes me change my mind, just far too paranoid about making a mess of my answer sheet to go jumping around tbh!

Good mood? I dunno, I've been having a terrible week all things considered but all of my friends/family/teachers etc are being superb and supportive and that's lifting my spirits hugely. Gonna ring my best friend later and just have a big chat about everything, which is the kind of thing that relaxes me, so maybe something like that? Also, very Harry Potter-esque (dementors :pac:) but maybe try summon a happy memory before starting S2? S'what I'm gonna do anyway!

I think for the most part it's been a really nice supportive community on here this year. I'm sure I'll be far too self-absorbed tomorrow to say anything of this ilk but thanks y'all for answering my questions and advice-giving and all that, and I hope ye all do fantastically.:) Let the rest of the country make up the lower percentiles, and we'll all do class! :cool:

0mega wrote: »
    Guys, what can I do to improve my mood? I dunno but I'm feeling quite down and that's not the right frame of mind for Section 2!

Anyone got some tips (and genuine stuff, not just 'try smile and think of puppies') to improve your mood quickly? :pac:

Go for a run, like, I mean fully belt it, it'll do you good :) Then listen to cheery songs, like Seaside Rendezvous by Queen or Mungo Jerry's In The Summertime, or whatever songs make you happy. Then ice-cream and chocolate! :D

Oh, and STOP worrying about Saturday, like you're worried about feeling down because it might have adverse effects on your score. Don't be in that frame of mind, just take each day as it comes and get to bed early tonight and tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Thanks for the advice guys! We should keep this thread going after the HPAT's finished to stay in contact.

Hopefully it doesn't die a death until the end of June :pac:

0mega wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guys! We should keep this thread going after the HPAT's finished to stay in contact.

Hopefully it doesn't die a death until the end of June :pac:

Something tells me we'll all be here at 4am on the 24th of June cursing the Acer for keeping us waiting and wishing the results were released in April:)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Getting ready for leavin' Norway to fly across the sea yay.

Keepin' the spirit up and mood light.

Wishing all ya boards people good luck :)

KristineKJ wrote: »
    Getting ready for leavin' Norway to fly across the sea yay.

Keepin' the spirit up and mood light.

Wishing all ya boards people good luck :)

Safe flight and good luck !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Despite the fact I haven't posted in here all year just thought I'd drop by and wish ye all the very best of luck for Saturday. All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

OK did some half-hearted S3 solution looking-over and then realised the futility of it. Enough is enough, it's time to just let it be and put my faith in my reaction on the day. So that's it. I am done preparing for the HPAT. Now my only task is to relax (everybody ever is telling me to go for a long walk tomorrow so that is what I shall do) and hope for the best. I want this to go well so badly aaaaah, but sure if it doesn't I'll give it another shot next year and after that explore another avenue if I must. 36 hours and it'll be over, hopefully. :) I think the one pro of the HPAT is that it's made me feel a lot more friendly towards the LC. :pac: Cannot friggin wait to just have that looming over me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ladyla

did anyone get a message from ******** saying their course had expired.

Sorry False alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fert94

Ladyla wrote: »
    did anyone get a message from ******** saying their course had expired.

Sorry False alarm
    yep, any idea how to fix it? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

mine's expired . . love life! oh well, probably best not to do any tonight and tomorrow anyway realistically.

Slow Show wrote: »
    OK did some half-hearted S3 solution looking-over and then realised the futility of it. Enough is enough, it's time to just let it be and put my faith in my reaction on the day. So that's it. I am done preparing for the HPAT. Now my only task is to relax (everybody ever is telling me to go for a long walk tomorrow so that is what I shall do) and hope for the best. I want this to go well so badly aaaaah, but sure if it doesn't I'll give it another shot next year and after that explore another avenue if I must. 36 hours and it'll be over, hopefully. :) I think the one pro of the HPAT is that it's made me feel a lot more friendly towards the LC. :pac: Cannot friggin wait to just have that looming over me!

Finished studying there too, now to do something crazy and adrenaline stimulating to let off steam, like hang gliding! :D

Ok, not hang gliding, but you get the gist, I ain't studying no more :P

Glee_GG wrote: »
    mine's expired . . love life! oh well, probably best not to do any tonight and tomorrow anyway realistically.

WTF like this better be sorted about tomorrow . Just emailed them there. This is really annoying like tomorrow is probably the most important day for it !!!

BTW just a tip in case anyone hasn't heard yet, when they say "Do not deface the booklet in any way" that doesn't mean you can't write on it, you can scribble all you like on it just don't start tearing it up! So many people apparently take that instruction as no writing on the booklet and it is impossible to do the questions mentally!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 saddlehorse

Worst possible **** just happened today, mood improvement tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SDCards

So as the big day approaches, i would like to wish everyone on the forum the very best of luck.
    The preparation is done and we can only do our best.
    Remember not to give up on your dream to become a Doctor as with determination we can get it sometime.
    :D keep calm and relax. x

Well said. This is my third time time trying. And I realised that this is the first time that I'm actually really trying, having put in my maximum effort. So if you've put in the work, remember that you deserve this. If not the HPAT, some other way, some other place! Don't give up after one try :pac:

All the best to everyone. I shed a tear reading all the lovely messages above mine. Such support among the 2013 HPAT cohorts. I hope we all make it! ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

SDCards wrote: »
    Well said. This is my third time time trying. And I realised that this is the first time that I'm actually really trying, having put in my maximum effort. So if you've put in the work, remember that you deserve this. If not the HPAT, some other way, some other place! Don't give up after one try :pac:

All the best to everyone. I shed a tear reading all the lovely messages above mine. Such support among the 2013 HPAT cohorts. I hope we all make it! ^_^

Honestly, the very best of luck. You will make such a great doctor as you have worked so hard for it!
    I know, everyone is so nice! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Hey all, long time lurking on this thread, just wanna thank everyone for advice and knowledge they've shared throughout!

Secondly, good luck to everyone on Saturday, sure it'll be over before we know it and we can go out and get jarred!
    Quick question for ye: How do you feel that sample tests from your prep-courses/ME tests measure up to the ACER samples?
    Difficulty wise and all that jazz?

I've only gone through the samples and a few different aptitude tests for certain questions that are in the same style and I was just wondering what's in the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Could anyone please tell me if we are allowed a watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

BTW just a tip in case anyone hasn't heard yet, when they say "Do not deface the booklet in any way" that doesn't mean you can't write on it, you can scribble all you like on it just don't start tearing it up! So many people apparently take that instruction as no writing on the booklet and it is impossible to do the questions mentally!

Nice! That's a relief.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement