Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Best of luck tomorrow everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AverageGirl

Good luck everyone :) we've all done everything we can by now, it's time to just relax! If its meant to be it'll happen :)

Hopefully we'll all be halfway through our first year of med next year!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spsw1994

Does anyone know where i could get a hold of the hpat Practise Booklet TWO solutions???

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

Could anyone please tell me if we are allowed a watch?

You're allowed to bring in a watch as long as it's not digital and that it doesn't beep on the hour or is a stopwatch or anything. . . I did the HPAT last year and it has to be a wrist watch you can't have it on the table..

Burkie94 wrote: »
    Hey all, long time lurking on this thread, just wanna thank everyone for advice and knowledge they've shared throughout!

Secondly, good luck to everyone on Saturday, sure it'll be over before we know it and we can go out and get jarred!
    Quick question for ye: How do you feel that sample tests from your prep-courses/ME tests measure up to the ACER samples?
    Difficulty wise and all that jazz?

I've only gone through the samples and a few different aptitude tests for certain questions that are in the same style and I was just wondering what's in the difference?

With ME the Section 1 and 3 are the same and the Section2 is supposed to be more ambiguous in the real thing . . .

• Advertisement

spsw1994 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i could get a hold of the hpat Practise Booklet TWO solutions???

Acer don't provide solutions but I know that some prep courses do . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spsw1994

Acer don't provide solutions but I know that some prep courses do . . .

Does anyone have the solutions for the second practise booklet? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

in exam 8,section 1 for q22, i dont get where they get the 56% in the explanation from? could anyone explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

It's the 2nd of March on the ME LMS in Australia ahhhhh this is getting scary now!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

It's the 2nd of March on the ME LMS in Australia ahhhhh this is getting scary now!

Bring it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Just did the first of the two free full tests you get when you register...
    I got
    Section 1: 24/44
    Section 2: 33/36
    Section 3: 18/30
    Total : 75/110
    How many CAO hpat points does that work out to?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SeanKobe

Just letting people know that the HPAT isn't as strict as you might think. Last year when I did it in the UCD O'Reilly hall I had a analog wrist watch that I had to borrow of my dad because I thought digital watches weren't allowed, two pencils and an eraser. I looked around me to find almost everybody with a digital watch and tones of highlighters even though they're not permitted. On top of that there was some guy with a stop watch that beeped really loudly every two minutes and no staff tried to take it off him.

Yeah apparently it depends on the examiner!

I presume a mechanical pencil wouldn't cause any trouble, I'll bring both that and a normal one in case they kick up a fuss!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Good luck everyone :) there's no point killing yourself today with exam papers. I've taken today off as I want to be fresh for tomorrow. What will be will be..!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

whats a mechanical pencil??

waiting4 wrote: »
    The clicky ones

waiting4 wrote: »

Yeah as The Pheasant said the clicky ones, it's a personal preference you don't spend any time paring them!

20603-7005-1-2ww-m.jpg

This time tomorrow lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I'm so excited!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chocice94

Admission ticket printed out, currently doing some final prep work. HPAT ... COME AT ME BRO ! (AGAIN :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

ah sure @eurovisionmad you've thought of everything ! yeah im starting to get really excited!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

Try not to fart in the halls guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm both excited and terrified right now. I wish I felt a little bit better (bit sick at the moment) but sadly that really can't be helped and I'll have to get on with it, and hope it doesn't affect my performance! I'm a lot more liable to mental fatigue but hopefully the adrenaline will pull me through!

I'm just bringing a wristwatch, hope stopwatches (like, ones that beep) aren't allowed in my centre tbh, that'd really annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Best of luck guys!

What kind of pencil do you need again?

What kind of pencil do you need again?

Not that it really matters, but it says HB.

Good to see everyone's not freaked out. :)

0mega wrote: »

Not that it really matters, but it says HB.

Good to see everyone's not freaked out. :)
    Hmmm I have a 2h, will that be grand or?....

Hmmm I have a 2h, will that be grand or?....

Well it's a computer which reads the answer sheets, the reason they specify 2B or HB is because they're darker and easier for the computer to read. Having said that I'm sure if you're heavy enough when you're filling out the answers there shouldn't be a huge problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Best of luck tomorrow everyone!!

Remember a positive attitude is key!! :):):) You will all do great!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement