Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

class, well done :) haha i suppose it would ;)
    trinity for me :) but i honestly don't care where. :P
    how did your mocks go btw?
    good 5 a1s so far ha.u? dont know how.easier than the hpat anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

amicus wrote: »
    good 5 a1s so far ha.u? dont know how.easier than the hpat anyway
    Jesus well done! Oh god i feel stupid now- got A1 and two B1s so far. But to be fair i didn't study much for them. I was focusing on hpat (not sure how wise that was thinkin back)

Jesus well done! Oh god i feel stupid now- got A1 and two B1s so far. But to be fair i didn't study much for them. I was focusing on hpat (not sure how wise that was thinkin back)
    Ye i did a fair bit ha.didn do so well in english.tis a trek to learn tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

OMG. They are serious mock results.... Got just under 500 with mine last year including maths. Really gave me the kick up the ass that I needed . . . :P

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

So, the results from the hpat that we get sometime in June, those will be our score in points right?

• Advertisement

OMG. They are serious mock results.... Got just under 500 with mine last year including maths. Really gave me the kick up the ass that I needed . . . :P
    mocks do mean nothing though ha.unfortunately. Do you just have to pass english?serious stress of p.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

KristineKJ wrote: »
    So, the results from the hpat that we get sometime in June, those will be our score in points right?

You get your score in points (which translate directly to CAO points, yes) as well as your percentile and a breakdown of your points section by section.

Ye i did a fair bit ha.didn do so well in english.tis a trek to learn tbh

Haha indeed! :P

So what's everyone's plan B as a matter of interest? #toucheswood

Mine is to repeat the HPAT if you are still allowed. Hopefully i won't have to repeat my leaving cert. but sure you never know, i may get it first time round! please God! :)

Also, has any of ye guys got any tips for studying English? I find it difficult to compose A Standard answers and the absolute effort of learning off whole answers is unimaginable! :) I would appreciate any advice.

just spend time on your good subjects.and just settle for a low b or c in english.thats what im doing.like your englsih lc grade doesnt show your ability . some people arnt bothered learning 36 poems or 3 texts or an play inside out.

• Advertisement

So what's everyone's plan B as a matter of interest? #toucheswood

Mine is to repeat the HPAT if you are still allowed. Hopefully i won't have to repeat my leaving cert. but sure you never know, i may get it first time round! please God! :)

Also, has any of ye guys got any tips for studying English? I find it difficult to compose A Standard answers and the absolute effort of learning off whole answers is unimaginable! :) I would appreciate any advice.
    what you get your a1s in as a matter of interest?

just spend time on your good subjects.and just settle for a low b or c in english.thats what im doing.like your englsih lc grade doesnt show your ability . some people arnt bothered learning 36 poems or 3 texts or an play inside out.

yeah i suppose! :)

what you get your a1s in as a matter of interest?

Just got two more today! :) so Biology, chemistry and spanish! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Since we're jumping in with results, I thought i'd post mine. :P

Biology: A1 - 92% :D
    Chemistry A1 - 96% :D
    Physics - Awaiting
    Applied Maths A1 - 92%
    Maths A2 - 87% :/
    Irish A1 - 91% :D(Got 96% in paper 2 :O )
    English - Awaiting
    Spanish A2 - 86% :/

Iomlán : 605 :D (so far)

Since we're jumping in with results, I thought i'd post mine. :P

Biology: A1 - 92% :D
    Chemistry A1 - 96% :D
    Physics - Awaiting
    Applied Maths A1 - 92%
    Maths A2 - 87% :/
    Irish A1 - 91% :D(Got 96% in paper 2 :O )
    English - Awaiting
    Spanish A2 - 86% :/

Iomlán : 605 :D (so far)

WOW! fair play!

ye havnt got chemistry but ye was pretty easy

physics : 94 A1
    Biology: 96 A1
    Music: 93 A1
    French: 95 A1 100 in writing.but unrealistic i think
    Irish: 98 lol A1
    Chemistry: should be grand .awaiting
    Maths : havnt done it yet
    English : C1 but think there was a marking error but still crap compared to the rest lol.but as i said im not wasting my time on a subject that i wouldnt get an A1 in anyway

well done.how was maths. still a good result with project maths

ye havnt got chemistry but ye was pretty easy

physics : 94 A1
    Biology: 96 A1
    Music: 93 A1
    French: 95 A1 100 in writing.but unrealistic i think
    Irish: 98 lol A1
    Chemistry: should be grand .awaiting
    Maths : havnt done it yet
    English : C1 but think there was a marking error but still crap compared to the rest lol.but as i said im not wasting my time on a subject that i wouldnt get an A1 in anyway

well done! :)
    but this seriously depresses me! :( do you think there is still enough time to bring everything up to A1 Standard?

which subjects like? and yes definitely.mocks are harder first of all and 3 months man :p

well done.how was maths. still a good result with project maths

I found maths to be a disaster! paper 1 was near impossible but then again we havent covered most of it! but paper 2 was easy! :D

• Advertisement

which subjects like? and yes definitely.mocks are harder first of all and 3 months man :p

like say accounting, irish and maths?
    thanks! i really hope so. you have made my night now! <3 :P

ye we havnt done integration and its on thurs

ye we havnt done integration and its on thurs

You should be okay if you just really know differentiation well! ye there is integration but only question and i think some of it was differentaition as well!
    also, maths won't be covered at this stage anyway! :P

maths is prob gonna be hard for an a1..but apparently 20% of people failed last year and they rigged it so only 2% did so who knows maybe no one actually got an a1..irish yes.accounting i suppose so ha

everythings easy relative to the hpat ha :p

maths is prob gonna be hard for an a1..but apparently 20% of people failed last year and they rigged it so only 2% did so who knows maybe no one actually got an a1..irish yes.accounting i suppose so ha

Yeah, oh god it is so time consuming maths, no?
    yeah i heard bout that rigging, scandalous really as it shows it hasn't worked!
    Irish really? like how? i'm fluent in it but i find the poetry/pros/ an triail hard to do! and the essay is hard enough to compose! :(
    yeah hopefully acc sshould be grand! :)

everythings easy relative to the hpat ha :p

hahahaha true that man!

just learn themes for irish like education and emigration.your oral's 40 percent. i dont know how everyone learns the poems but just over imagery theme poet .some heading and you'll be fine..oh and im not an expert if im sounding like one ha

just learn themes for irish like education and emigration.your oral's 40 percent. i dont know how everyone learns the poems but just over imagery theme poet .some heading and you'll be fine..oh and im not an expert if im sounding like one ha

great, thanks for the advise! :) ah well with them results, i will take your advise to heart! ;)
    and would you study much now?

• Advertisement

em still procrastinating haha..just a fair bit of maths study to do.chemistry and bio pretty much finished.physics bit more to do.and like 2 irish poems ..thats it hahah and obviously go over evrything 100 times

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement