Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

amicus wrote: »
    em still procrastinating haha..just a fair bit of maths study to do.chemistry and bio pretty much finished.physics bit more to do.and like 2 irish poems ..thats it hahah and obviously go over evrything 100 times

fair play! and how long do you spend each night if you don't mind me asking? thanks for all the advise by the way. you are ever so kind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

i dont really have a set amount of time.sometimes nothing.sometimes 3 or 4 hours? ill get more consistent next week id say

u?

u?

i do like 5 hours now. i usen't to though! :P 1 do evening study from 4:15 to 6:15 then 7-10

you stick to it? nice one ha im gona try :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Ah sure while we're at it!
    Maths 92% (aww yeah :) )
    English 89% (I think realistically dodgy marking got me that more than anything else!)
    Chemistry 92%
    Physics 86%
    French 85%
    DCG 89%
    Irish 83%
    Applied Maths haven't done a pre in this yet as I do it outside school, I'm doing that in Easter and I'm hopeful but not expectant of an A1.

So excluding applied Maths I've a grand total of 585, grand I suppose but still places I can improve in!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Since we're jumping in with results, I thought i'd post mine. :P

Biology: A1 - 92% :D
    Chemistry A1 - 96% :D
    Physics - Awaiting
    Applied Maths A1 - 92%
    Maths A2 - 87% :/
    Irish A1 - 91% :D(Got 96% in paper 2 :O )
    English - Awaiting
    Spanish A2 - 86% :/

Iomlán : 605 :D (so far)

Did you seriously just :\ A2's?!?

That is actually unreal. Congrats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Boards makes me feel so average. :p

I've only gotten a few back, I'm on course for something between 550 and 575 I think, looking for 575 in the real thing to be sure of the option of Pharmacy as it's the only thing other than Medicine I'd consider accepting. Feeling quite positive about the LC lately though now that I can freely focus on it full time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

From what I can see the irish mocks system seems so much more fair than the norwegian. We don't even have precentages and most of our grades will fall on what teacher you have and how the rest of the class did. We only do four exams in the end and one of them is norwegian and then they select you random subjects.

Sucks, hate our system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

So, who will be joining me in UCC next year? (Gotta be positive :pac: )

• Advertisement

Maybe me although ucds down first . Anywhere afterall would be splendiferic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Me! :)

Me! :)

UCC is my fist choice soooo we'll see:-)

you stick to it? nice one ha im gona try :p

yep :) haha ah you dont seem to need to

whoop cause I'm still feelin' the irish spirit. Notice my awesome shopping. Didn't even think about it until some bypassers started photographing my legs. Was all, 'wtf weid tourists'. And then my friend was all 'lol you're the irish flag gotta take a picture of ya'.

a505a46b-f110-4a1f-b2d6-1896387753f6_zps281c7a66.jpg

KristineKJ wrote: »
    whoop cause I'm still feelin' the irish spirit. Notice my awesome shopping. Didn't even think about it until some bypassers started photographing my legs. Was all, 'wtf weid tourists'. And then my friend was all 'lol you're the irish flag gotta take a picture of ya'.

Haha! :P you seem like your having a great time Kristine! :P
    Oh and by the way, how do you convert your qualifications to points? What subjects do you do? is an A worths 100 points or what's the story? oh and if you do well in the HPAT, when are you moving to Ireland? x

yep :) haha ah you dont seem to need to

oh no dont be silly haha

oh no dont be silly haha
    haha well if your getting them results, you don't really need to up your game :P
    oh do you go out much btw?

ha em at the breaks a few times but no not really this year.not that i study all the time.how about you in longford?haha

ha em at the breaks a few times but no not really this year.not that i study all the time.how about you in longford?haha

Oh are you 18? cause i heard they're so strict with ID in the big shmoke! :P
    ah yeah i do quite a bit, just think i should cut down on it now! :P although i wont be able in college as im not 18 till next febuary! :(
    ha were ya ever in longford? :P (if not, steer clear in future lol)

• Advertisement

Oh are you 18? cause i heard they're so strict with ID in the big shmoke! :P
    ah yeah i do quite a bit, just think i should cut down on it now! :P although i wont be able in college as im not 18 till next febuary! :(
    ha were ya ever in longford? :P (if not, steer clear in future lol)

ye dont know where though haha . ye im 18 so its grand like.last time to go out will be paddys weekend probably.

ye dont know where though haha . ye im 18 so its grand like.last time to go out will be paddys weekend probably.

haha! ah not so bad! :P is the nightlife good? i'd say it's really different from here. it's more pub-culture here. not nightclubs

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Technically you're the Ivory Coast flag! Should've swapped the bags around. :D

0mega wrote: »

Haha.

0mega wrote: »

yeha thought about that afterwards, but also technically, from my point of view, it WAS the irish flag :D Let's just say the wind happened to blow it in the wrong direction :P

Haha! :P you seem like your having a great time Kristine! :P
    Oh and by the way, how do you convert your qualifications to points? What subjects do you do? is an A worths 100 points or what's the story? oh and if you do well in the HPAT, when are you moving to Ireland? x

Great times great times. Jolly good :)

I actually sent a photocopy of my leaving cert translated to english to UCD and got them to calculate my points. See, we've got a whole other grading system ranking from 1-6. 1 is fail, 2 is passed, 3 is average(yeah on a country basis even), and 6 is the top grade. So alltogether I had 22 grades on my leaving cert, some of them from subjects from my first two years (subjects I finished in those years like social studies, basic science and french). I did all the subjects that we have to do like norwegian and our old norwegian language (similar to you doing irish as well), english, social studies, history, ph.ed, religion, basic science. And then I chose chemistry, maths, physics and english for an additional two years (the last two out of three years). Did english instead of biology cause those happened at the same time. Wish I could have done both though...And yeah, I finished last year so I'm in uni right now doing the same subjects as medicine first year (biochemistry, cell biology, basic latin, medical statistics, chemistry, biology, anatomy and physiology, lab and histology). Though what I study is human nutrition which means that if I continue it'll only be nutrition subjects next year...hmm..rather do medicine.

So yeah, uhm, basically I got 5 and 6 (two top grades) in all subjects but french and my norwegian exam. That left me one point short to enter medicine in norway -.-

IF I do get in in Ireland I'm not sure when I'd be moving..sadly not that optimistic :/ I must admit I have a feeling it's not gonna go my way. Not killin' all the hope yet but trying to stay relatively realistic.

Great times great times. Jolly good :)

I actually sent a photocopy of my leaving cert translated to english to UCD and got them to calculate my points. See, we've got a whole other grading system ranking from 1-6. 1 is fail, 2 is passed, 3 is average(yeah on a country basis even), and 6 is the top grade. So alltogether I had 22 grades on my leaving cert, some of them from subjects from my first two years (subjects I finished in those years like social studies, basic science and french). I did all the subjects that we have to do like norwegian and our old norwegian language (similar to you doing irish as well), english, social studies, history, ph.ed, religion, basic science. And then I chose chemistry, maths, physics and english for an additional two years (the last two out of three years). Did english instead of biology cause those happened at the same time. Wish I could have done both though...And yeah, I finished last year so I'm in uni right now doing the same subjects as medicine first year (biochemistry, cell biology, basic latin, medical statistics, chemistry, biology, anatomy and physiology, lab and histology). Though what I study is human nutrition which means that if I continue it'll only be nutrition subjects next year...hmm..rather do medicine.

So yeah, uhm, basically I got 5 and 6 (two top grades) in all subjects but french and my norwegian exam. That left me one point short to enter medicine in norway -.-

IF I do get in in Ireland I'm not sure when I'd be moving..sadly not that optimistic :/ I must admit I have a feeling it's not gonna go my way. Not killin' all the hope yet but trying to stay relatively realistic.

wow, that seems complicated! ah you must have been so sickened having being so close to getting it there! :(
    well, do stay optimistic though.
    honestly, i wish you the very best of luck! :D x

wow, that seems complicated! ah you must have been so sickened having being so close to getting it there! :(
    well, do stay optimistic though.
    honestly, i wish you the very best of luck! :D x

Yeah was a real bummer. But then again I've always wanted to go abroad to study, so if anything this is my chance ;)

Thank you though, will try. This board is really helpin' with the positivity :) Also good luck to ya'll doin' the leaving cert now ^^

Yeah was a real bummer. But then again I've always wanted to go abroad to study, so if anything this is my chance ;)

Thank you though, will try. This board is really helpin' with the positivity :) Also good luck to ya'll doin' the leaving cert now ^^

haha, weird refering to ireland as "abroad" haha.
    ah thanks :) look, if its meant for us, we will get it. some day. somewhere.

• Advertisement

haha, weird refering to ireland as "abroad" haha.
    ah thanks :) look, if its meant for us, we will get it. some day. somewhere.
    Preferably this year :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement