Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

any lady falls for that man

ask mr polyglot i.e comeclosa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

amicus wrote: »
    hah my accents quite good so ill impress her with my errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs hah

Haha i was just having this discussion with a french girl. The french accent is rather seductive! ;) ans very sexy
    @EUROVISIONMAD, don't you just love when they speak it on the Eurovision! :P

amicus wrote: »
    ask mr polyglot i.e comeclosa

"mr polyglot"????? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Haha i was just having this discussion with a french girl. The french accent is rather seductive! ;) ans very sexy
    @EUROVISIONMAD, don't you just love when they speak it on the Eurovision! :P

Nothing beats a bit of dodgy broken English!

I'm really mad for speaking with a good French accent, our teacher talks in this terrible Cork accent and a lot of people have now picked it up when they speak French :L

• Advertisement

Nothing beats a bit of dodgy broken English!

I'm really mad for speaking with a good French accent, our teacher talks in this terrible Cork accent and a lot of people have now picked it up when they speak French :L

hahaha true! :P
    Really? haha, oh my spanish teacher is from Cork! It sometimes seeps through in her spanish haha

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

"mr polyglot"????? :P
    SCORE, Got a nickname! :pac:

anyone have the maths p.2 from the mock ? id like to go over it

Re: REPEATING THE LEAVING CERT

okay, so i am weighing up my options if i don't get Medicine.
    I have a few questions regarding repeating.
    Say if you get an A1 in biology and spanish and chemistry.
    Can you repeat without doing these again? like say if i took up ag-science and french and economics, and do all the other subjects, can i still keep my A's in My initial leaving cert? and use them for points?
    thanks in advance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Re: REPEATING THE LEAVING CERT

okay, so i am weighing up my options if i don't get Medicine.
    I have a few questions regarding repeating.
    Say if you get an A1 in biology and spanish and chemistry.
    Can you repeat without doing these again? like say if i took up ag-science and french and economics, and do all the other subjects, can i still keep my A's in My initial leaving cert? and use them for points?
    thanks in advance! :)

Nah, you can use them for matriculation purposes so like if you repeated again you wouldn't need any science subjects or a third language, but they wouldn't be counted as points, your subjects have to all be sat in the same sitting of the LC to be used as points!

How's your study plan going out of interest?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

Nah, you can use them for matriculation purposes so like if you repeated again you wouldn't need any science subjects or a third language, but they wouldn't be counted as points, your subjects have to all be sat in the same sitting of the LC to be used as points!
    I actually don't think you can use them for matriculation. I was under the impression for medicine you have to use the points from the same sitting as the subjects you need to matriculate. Open to correction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah you have to re-matriculate again for Medicine. There was a repeat in my year back hoping to get vet med and he dropped Irish, English, French everything he wasn't confident he'd get an A1 in. Seemed dead handy.

dmca93 wrote: »
    I actually don't think you can use them for matriculation. I was under the impression for medicine you have to use the points from the same sitting as the subjects you need to matriculate. Open to correction though.

Oh sorry yeah you're right there, totally discount everything I said, yeah you'd have to do everything again outnumbered. Well, if they're matriculation requirements anyway.

They are, I think they only brought it in at the same time they brought in the Hpat though. Hence all the stories going around about "X has an older brother who repeated for Medicine a few years ago and dropped Irish, so you should definitely drop Irish!" :p Could end up a bit stuck.

There's still plenty of time anyway @outnumbered, I got less than 300 in my mocks last year and turned it round.

Slow Show wrote: »
    Oh sorry yeah you're right there, totally discount everything I said, yeah you'd have to do everything again outnumbered. Well, if they're matriculation requirements anyway.

Okay i thought so.
    Well for UCD you need english, irish, maths, third language, one lab science subject, another subject.
    But because i do chem and biology, and if i got an A1 in biology, i wouldn't have to do it again? just do chemistry, yeah? but can i use the A1 in biology for points, no? :(
    Haha it is going fairly to plan. i am putting in them hours just with tons of breaks! it feels like i am getting nothing done though. i seem to be focusing on chemistry and biology once again! :P oh and i took yesterday off and half day today! :P
    How's yours going?

But because i do chem and biology, and if i got an A1 in biology, i wouldn't have to do it again? just do chemistry, yeah? but can i use the A1 in biology for points, no? :(

I don't think so. AFAIK Absolutely everything has to be done again, except the hpat which is (currently) valid for two years.

They are, I think they only brought it in at the same time they brought in the Hpat though. Hence all the stories going around about "X has an older brother who repeated for Medicine a few years ago and dropped Irish, so you should definitely drop Irish!" :p Could end up a bit stuck.

There's still plenty of time anyway @outnumbered, I got less than 300 in my mocks last year and turned it round.

okay that is kind of what i though anyway, just needed to make sure. :)
    Seriously? god that gives me hope! thanks so much.
    I also have applied to Italy and Malta as well so fingers crossed.
    Decades of the rosary are being said. my mother's work is saying novenas for me and my granny has all her friends praying too. hahaha wishful thinking :P

I don't think so. AFAIK Absolutely everything has to be done again, except the hpat which is (currently) valid for two years.

aw well. #goes back to the books. :(
    thanks anyway for your info ;)

OMG, just watching David Attenborough on telly. he is talking about the venus fly trap triggers and the 20 second rule thing. Ring a bell? It made up many HPAT questions! :D

That rings a slight bell but only a slight one, good to see I've succeeded in blocking the HPAT from my mind. :D

I knew about the 20-second rule before it was cool though, Venus flytraps are well up there with my list of irrational fears though, look how scary they are.

Poor fly never had a chance. :(

• Advertisement

Slow Show wrote: »
    That rings a slight bell but only a slight one, good to see I've succeeded in blocking the HPAT from my mind. :D

I knew about the 20-second rule before it was cool though, Venus flytraps are well up there with my list of irrational fears though, look how scary they are.

Poor fly never had a chance. :(

hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SuperSayian

I'm just wondering if any of you have heard the rumour that the HPAT results are going to be released earlier, due to guidance counsellors saying that young people have to "learn to cope with disappointment"? I don't know if there's any truth in it but I said I'd ask all of you in case any of you have heard it too! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I'm just wondering if any of you have heard the rumour that the HPAT results are going to be released earlier, due to guidance counsellors saying that young people have to "learn to cope with disappointment"? I don't know if there's any truth in it but I said I'd ask all of you in case any of you have heard it too! :P

I'd say someone's having an early April Fools' joke with you.

Oh God, if only! :P
    what is your source of information?

0mega wrote: »
    I'd say someone's having an early April Fools' joke with you.

That's what I thought but my guidance counsellor said it to me before the break too :pac:
    I don't know what to believe :P

That's what I thought but my guidance counsellor said it to me before the break too :pac:
    I don't know what to believe :P

who else did you hear it from?

To be honest, I hope that is absolutely false because I'm really not up for a disappointment of that scale before the exams. I'd be crushed.

Oh God, if only! :P
    what is your source of information?

My guidance counsellor and some of my friends :o

0mega wrote: »
    To be honest, I hope that is absolutely false because I'm really not up for a disappointment of that scale before the exams. I'd be crushed.

It won't be dissapointing at all! :) be grand haha

• Advertisement

Why did I get the idea in my head that HPAT results are out 24th of June? The website only says Late June 2013 :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement