Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

borrch wrote: »
    Im doing Q5, mechanics, modern & particle, sts (hopefully), Q12 (a & d Mechanics/particle) light and all the experiments. I sat it last year, and got full marks in short q and sts, no need for me to learn any electricity :rolleyes:

U cud b unlucky in short questions tho..sts is dodgy too.cud b on electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

Science is the best. I did 4, so much overlaps, you'll be laughing :p

Wow, you can do 4? You're actually making it easier for yourself by doing these 4 science subjects, like you said they overlap etc. I don't think my school offers any other science subject except the main 3 : / oh well, I like geography so I'll do that, it also seems easy :) I can't wait till LC ;) I'll do stuff I love, while now I have to go threw sooo many useless stuff f.e. cspe, french (i hate it) etc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

So much chat in here, can barely keep up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Wow, you can do 4? You're actually making it easier for yourself by doing these 4 science subjects, like you said they overlap etc. I don't think my school offers any other science subject except the main 3 : / oh well, I like geography so I'll do that, it also seems easy :) I can't wait till LC ;) I'll do stuff I love, while now I have to go threw sooo many useless stuff f.e. cspe, french (i hate it) etc :(

Ahh I did the LC last year I'm done :pac: I did Bio and Chem in school and Physics and Ag Science outside. It's a good idea to keep up a third language as you'll only matriculate for TCD without it (I think so anyway, open to correction there), which is making things difficult for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

How are you all going about preparing for the orals? I wrote out about 50 pages of questions/answers a while back and I'm just memorizing them. Not sure if this is the right approach though...

Well what you're doing is invaluable for your bank of vocabulary. How and ever, bear in mind for that the examiner can vary the conventional procedure. When you initiate the conversation ie. como te llamas? OR cén t-ainm atá ort? you go on about yourself, family, friends etc. this will naturally lead to your area. discuss this in detail along with your house. then school which can lead to your future prospects, medicine. after this lead onto the state of the healthcare system and what you would do if you were taoiseach. this seems to cover everything, for irish anyway. :D
    buen suerte. go n-eirí an t-ádh leat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Well what you're doing is invaluable for your bank of vocabulary. How and ever, bear in mind for that the examiner can vary the conventional procedure. When you initiate the conversation ie. como te llamas? OR cén t-ainm atá ort? you go on about yourself, family, friends etc. this will naturally lead to your area. discuss this in detail along with your house. then school which can lead to your future prospects, medicine. after this lead onto the state of the healthcare system and what you would do if you were taoiseach. this seems to cover everything, for irish anyway. :D
    buen suerte. go n-eirí an t-ádh leat

Haha, thanks! I actually do French so I don't get much of that Spanish... :P
    I have the whole Taoiseach/conditional thing covered so hopefully I'll be ok.

Ahh I did the LC last year I'm done :pac: I did Bio and Chem in school and Physics and Ag Science outside. It's a good idea to keep up a third language as you'll only matriculate for TCD without it (I think so anyway, open to correction there), which is making things difficult for yourself.

oh I'm doing Polish for LC instead of French and I'm exempted from Irish so I think that should work to get into Trinity :D also, what if you have to do experiments for your LC, did you do them by yourself? :D thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

why not italy/malta? :P

Well I dunno, like there's nothing I'd love more than to move out, I'm not a homebird, I really want to move out! But I dunno could I hack Italy or Malta, the UK is grand as it's almost like just going to Dublin or something, the travel connections with Ireland are so good there'd be no bother but I just feel Italy or Malta is a totally different kettle of fish that I'd have to have a deeper think about before deciding on, but sure we'll deal with that next year if it comes around!

oh I'm doing Polish for LC instead of French and I'm exempted from Irish so I think that should work to get into Trinity :D also, what if you have to do experiments for your LC, did you do them by yourself? :D thanks

Best of luck and all, but focus on the JC for now. you know i paid no heed to it and then realised you need lots of A's to get medicine in UK.
    Go focus on one task. take on tomorrow, not next month!

Well I dunno, like there's nothing I'd love more than to move out, I'm not a homebird, I really want to move out! But I dunno could I hack Italy or Malta, the UK is grand as it's almost like just going to Dublin or something, the travel connections with Ireland are so good there'd be no bother but I just feel Italy or Malta is a totally different kettle of fish that I'd have to have a deeper think about before deciding on, but sure we'll deal with that next year if it comes around!

yeah they are all valid concerns. :)
    well if i get it, you can come visit and see for yourself! :P
    hopefully we will get it here this year though! ;)

• Advertisement

Best of luck and all, but focus on the JC for now. you know i paid no heed to it and then realised you need lots of A's to get medicine in UK.
    Go focus on one task. take on tomorrow, not next month!

Thank you :) I'm grand with the JC, I'll be happy with the results I got for mocks (7 A's and 2 B's) because really you don't need JC, it's only to test you, to see what subjects you should do for the LC, that's why I'm here worrying about LC instead of JC, LC decides on my future, JC doesn't- well, it has some effect on you, but seriously not so much as the LC, and in Ireland no one will ever look at your JC results if you did your LC and you're off to college, I'm not sure if in other countries like England it matters, but I'll apply in Ireland first, I would die to get into Trinity, but there are more and more and more people applying every year, the competition is stiff, I just need to do really well in the LC and pass the HPAT, nothing more :D

Thank you :) I'm grand with the JC, I'll be happy with the results I got for mocks (7 A's and 2 B's) because really you don't need JC, it's only to test you, to see what subjects you should do for the LC, that's why I'm here worrying about LC instead of JC, LC decides on my future, JC doesn't- well, it has some effect on you, but seriously not so much as the LC, and in Ireland no one will ever look at your JC results if you did your LC and you're off to college, I'm not sure if in other countries like England it matters, but I'll apply in Ireland first, I would die to get into Trinity, but there are more and more and more people applying every year, the competition is stiff, I just need to do really well in the LC and pass the HPAT, nothing more :D

Well i know for one or two in UK you needed 8 A's. (stand to be corrected)
    yes, i admire you interest. i too was just like you in that respect, i always got ahead of myself. :P
    Well man, you don't know if the HPAT will be in place then. :) so chill, takes things as they come, for now!
    enjoy your summer, and as soon as 5th year comes, let nothing get on top of you, study it all as you get it. :) i was told that and once or twice forgot about it! :P If you are so dedicated about medicine, you WILL get it. somehow.
    Anyway, go and relax. focus on the task ahead. Try to get the best possible results in the JC. why not 12 A's???? go get top marks in maths and business and get awards. all of this will build up your CV and your personal statement shoud you ever consider the UK.
    The very best of luck! ;)

Well i know for one or two in UK you needed 8 A's. (stand to be corrected)
    yes, i admire you interest. i too was just like you in that respect, i always got ahead of myself. :P
    Well man, you don't know if the HPAT will be in place then. :) so chill, takes things as they come, for now!
    enjoy your summer, and as soon as 5th year comes, let nothing get on top of you, study it all as you get it. :) i was told that and once or twice forgot about it! :P If you are so dedicated about medicine, you WILL get it. somehow.
    Anyway, go and relax. focus on the task ahead. Try to get the best possible results in the JC. why not 12 A's???? go get top marks in maths and business and get awards. all of this will build up your CV and your personal statement shoud you ever consider the UK.
    The very best of luck! ;)

Thank you so much :) I'm only doing 9 subjects for my JC ;( oh well ;( and I'll be in 5th year next year, I'm skipping TY cause I think it's a waste of time xD but well, thanks so much for your help and everything :)

Thank you so much :) I'm only doing 9 subjects for my JC ;( oh well ;( and I'll be in 5th year next year, I'm skipping TY cause I think it's a waste of time xD but well, thanks so much for your help and everything :)

Good man. i didn't do TY either. it is a waste of time, well in my school anyway! :P
    it's no problem

Good man. i didn't do TY either. it is a waste of time, well in my school anyway! :P
    it's no problem

yeah, same here, and I know what I want to do in my life and I think TY is for people that are not prepared for their adult lives :) my school is really weird, they only do a stupid play in TY which is so bad that no one buys the tickets to see it, they were actually giving out free tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

80 DAYS UNTIL THE RESULTS !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SuperSayian

I just want them back now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'd rather they put it off until August :p

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SuperSayian

good idea! :D
    yes i have applied to Italy and Malta.
    the italian exam is in less than two weeks. so nervous. like the HPAT all over again haha

Best of luck! :) where do you have to go to to it? :P oh the joys of the HPAT :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Wish they'd give them out now/before the LC starts. I have to do OL English as a matriculation requirement so I wish they'd just hurry up and tell me I didn't get a high enough score so I could save myself the hassle :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

80 DAYS UNTIL THE RESULTS !!!

I have the feeling the results are going to ruin my sixth year holiday, which comes around just after them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

I have the feeling the results are going to ruin my sixth year holiday, which comes around just after them :cool:

Yep have a bad feelin' they'll ruin my summer as well...good thing I'll only be working :P

Best of luck! :) where do you have to go to to it? :P oh the joys of the HPAT :rolleyes:

Thanks.
    it's in London.! :P
    oh i know haha

How much are all ye guys saying for the sraith pictiúr? Our teacher says that the stuff in the little booklet will only secure you 40% an bhfuil sin fíor nó breagach? i'd imagine not a whole lot more would be needed?
    Any help will be appreciation.
    Jas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

^we've about 5 sentences for each one, our teacher said that that was loads

Glee_GG wrote: »
    ^we've about 5 sentences for each one, our teacher said that that was loads

Great to hear! honours yeah? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

This time next year some lucky buggers will be getting ready to head out to the Trinity Ball, wish I could go to TCD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Great to hear! honours yeah? :)

yup and our teachers one of the head oral examiners so that should be all that is needed :)

This time next year some lucky buggers will be getting ready to head out to the Trinity Ball, wish I could go to TCD :(

oh i know! if only i could go there. thing is if i get in at all it will prob be NUIG (Not that i am complaining-galway is cool but i just would have liked dublin)

• Advertisement

Glee_GG wrote: »
    yup and our teachers one of the head oral examiners so that should be all that is needed :)

Fantastic.
    okay i have another question for you so.
    we got notes on how to make a cup of tea, how to play sport, what happens at a retreat, the new pope, and a load more bs.
    will this be needed? like did your teacher ever do that stuff with ye? and did he/she say anything that is important this year? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement