Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Well, honestly I just picked the one closest to me but I had looked into going to the institute and I just wasn't liking the vibe. I also have a friend who went there and got less than 400 points, I think that ultimately it doesn't matter where you go as long as you're willing to put the work in.

Yeah i suppose you're right!
    I just wanted one where they had a repeat course! :P but lets not get into the thought much further.... haha thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

No sure repeating is not going to be necessary!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Will there be a bell curve of the HPAT results published monday? And will it include all results or just mature applicant's scores?

I don't think so, as far as I remember it has been published later on in the day of the main release of the results in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

This time 8 weeks I'll be recovering from a finishing leaving cert night out hangover while simultaneously downloading movies to watch to keep me up whole I wait for the HPAT results D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

This time 8 weeks I'll be recovering from a finishing leaving cert night out hangover while simultaneously downloading movies to watch to keep me up whole I wait for the HPAT results D:

Wat time wil they be out at? Early morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

In a way I wish I was getting mine tomorrow. I'm sick of putting in all this work and not knowing if its going to be worth it!

Glee_GG wrote: »
    In a way I wish I was getting mine tomorrow. I'm sick of putting in all this work and not knowing if its going to be worth it!

Oh isn't that jsut the worst part! I had a breakdown thinking all my work was in vain! :( look, ni matter what, we still need the best LC possible if we are to repeat the HPAT. :)

enough with this pessimism. see y'all in october 1st year med.hopefully we'll all be pissed out of our minds enjoying our well deserved college lives

Good luck everyone getting HPAT tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Good luck everyone getting HPAT tomorrow :)

How late are you staying up tonight?

• Advertisement

That implies I am going to sleep...which is quite doubtful!!

You?

I need to be in class at 9 tomorrow .... unless of course im still crying on the bathroom floor.... :o

That implies I am going to sleep...which is quite doubtful!!

You?

I need to be in class at 9 tomorrow .... unless of course im still crying on the bathroom floor.... :o

I already have the kleenx tissues armed and waiting..! Trying to prepare myself for the worst. I went for a 2hr snooze earlier cos I reckon I'll be on boards.ie most of the night. But sure it could be anytime between 1-8am.

I've bitten all my nails off, need to stay distracted so might watch a box set...But my god it will be sooo hard to stay motivated for the LC if this HPAT goes crap :(

That is EXACTLY what I said, I'm terrified if this goes badly then I'll totally let leaving cert study go by the wayside.
    I'm also trying to decide what exactly I'll do next year (besides repeating hpat) if things don't go to plan.

I've spent the day watching Gossip Girl, after sadly attempting to do some chemistry and realising I wasn't even in a position to write my own name. Sadly not even Chuck Bass is taking my mind off the wait!

I'm applying for the paramedics just in case, it's the nearest thing to medicine I can think of. I have an aptitude test in Dublin this Tuesday for it, it's so easy though compared to the hpat.

My cousin is sitting that test! I think he has done a prep course for it, thats a good idea!

How long is training them to be a paramedic?

It's really very basic, the aptitude test I mean. It's 2 years but the second year is like an intern year. I think it works out to be about 9 months of college. You get paid from day one though, although wages are pretty s**t. I've done CFR & EFR courses, but I'd much rather medicine for sure. So where is NUIG on the list of preferences? What's the odds of us being in NUIG together..

Ah, that sounds good, but i'm sure its not even going to be necessary!! :)

Well, NUIG is technically my number 4 choice as I put the Dublin schools first but as a mature student my chance of UCD is non-existant, so its not totally out of the realms of possibility! At the very least we could end up in the same hospital for internship ;)

That would be great, don't fancy bring the only "old" one in the class (positive thinking, we will get a place)!

But I suppose with the collages having so many "older" overseas students it won't be too bad.

borrch wrote: »
    That would be great, don't fancy bring the only "old" one in the class (positive thinking, we will get a place)!

But I suppose with the collages having so many "older" overseas students it won't be too bad.

Does that mean I'm 'old' ?! :P

No, I know what you mean, I think of it was any other course age would be an issue but I think in medicine it will only ever be an advantage.:)

im nervous for you guys hahah

• Advertisement

Is it worth going into school these days at all? seems i get much more done at home! The frustration of sitting in a class not learning anything! :/

Is it worth going into school these days at all? seems i get much more done at home! The frustration of sitting in a class not learning anything! :/

to answer ta question im finishing school this friday :) mighten go into school every day this week either..i find after a day of school going over the the structure of a cell and photosynthesis and volumetric analysis for the 1 millionth time im wasting my time and im just épuisé a la fin de la journée

Ya your right, don't think I would have been emotional mature enough when I left school. I do think being older is a real advantage, we'll be more focused etc

Outnumbered: if your not learning enough in school & you feel you'd more at home, why not stay at home and stick to a fairly strict timetable. You'd get so much work done through exam papers every day if you can keep to a rough timetable.

amicus wrote: »
    im nervous for you guys hahah

I'll post my results when I get them (assuming they're not horrendously embarrassing results)

AHhaha, same goes Borrch!!

borrch wrote: »
    I'll post my results when I get them (assuming they're not horrendously embarrassing results)
    thanks..im sure you'll be fine..the fact you.re on boards shows you care and more than likely you prepared efficiently..:p bonne chance. do you just get your score or is it accompanied with a bell curve?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

I pretty much only go to school for maths and Applied maths and then come home! Days I've only got maths I tend to stay at home cause we're finished the course so its just all revision. I find I get a lot more done but that its harder to get motivated when I'm on my own, like at school its just nice having breaks between classes and being able to talk to friends but thats just me! We've two and half weeks of school left and then we've block study until June 4th!

thanks..im sure you'll be fine..the fact you.re on boards shows you care and more than likely you prepared efficiently..:p bonne chance. do you just get your score or is it accompanied with a bell curve?

Seemingly Bell curve isn't out until June with our results! :(

I've no idea:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Good luck guys, hope the results go well. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement