Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Seemingly Bell curve isn't out until June with our results! :(

Someone earlier in the thread said it would just be results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

what time are they expected?

No idea, sooner the better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Good luck to all of you tonight, I'd say your nerves are shattered.. it's ahead of us school leavers :p

Here's hoping you all get the scores you want and if not, remember that there's numerous routes into medicine. :)

Nothing yet.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Nothing yet.....

It's going to be a long night!

How many mature students do you think will be getting their results tonight out the 3k that sat the hpat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cupertinokiid

Nothing yet.....

The suspense is killing me!.....and I'm bot even getting results :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Guys uhhh...what's going on? Aren't results not out until June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

jumpguy wrote: »
    Guys uhhh...what's going on? Aren't results not out until June?

Mature student results are being released today at some point.

Good luck to everyone waiting for them!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭studentforever

Results are out. So the bare minimum for interviews is 160 for matures yes? I got 159... awesome. FML!

• Advertisement

168 :(

167 very disappointed :( 55th percentile

Is this likely to be enough to be considered for mature entry?

I'm pretty sure the minimum is 160. As long as your statement was amazing, interviews with trinity and rcsi are an almost sure thing. Wheras I'm f#cked... congrats to you both anyway. There is still hope lads ;-)

I'm pretty sure the minimum is 160. As long as your statement was amazing, interviews with trinity and rcsi are an almost sure thing. Wheras I'm f#cked... congrats to you both anyway. There is still hope lads ;-)

Thanks student forever, I'm sorry your scores weren't what you hoped for.

I have to say I'm not that cut up about it. I had a feeling I did crap. And I studied for like 5 says so I'm taking this year as a practice run, gonna do my masters and apply next year. There's always a plan b ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

So how exactly does mature entry work? Do you guys not need as high score?
    well done on your score! :-)

Fair play to you for being so optimistic! And thanks for your support, sorry it didn't go according to plan :(

So how exactly does mature entry work? Do you guys not need as high score?
    well done on your score! :-)

We'll be called for an interview, there's alot of competition though!

Our LC points won't make any difference to our application

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

Guys results must be way up . . .

Someone here got 167 at 55th percentile.
    Last year by the bell curve 55th wold have probably gotten you somewhere around 159. . .

Guys results must be way up . . .

Someone here got 167 at 55th percentile.
    Last year I got 166 at 63rd percentile

I got 168 and it says 42nd percentile...that seems like a big jump in percentage for a difference of one mark... I wonder are all the results very similar?

• Advertisement

I got 168 and it says 42nd percentile...that seems like a big jump in percentage for a difference of one mark... I wonder are all the results very similar?

Is this this year ?

I would get that checked out as they all have to follow the curve for you to get higher points and a lower percentile doesn't really make sense.

Is this this year ?

I would get that checked out as they all have to follow the curve for you to get higher points and a lower percentile doesn't really make sense.

Oh, maybe I'm reading it wrong :/

You can't be. It says score and percentile and they are your score and percentile :P

Check it again, your percentile should be higher than mine

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭SueGrabbit

So is it normal that you get an interview if you have 160/300, regardless of the percentile (the trend in the last few years is that the percentile is dropping when points are staying the same - which is in line with people's performance improving).. Is the 160/300 thing written down anywhere?

What I was told is there's no hard and fast rule. It doesn't guarantee anything to be honest. BUT the trend seems to be above 160 you get an interview. RCSI seems to be more focused on hpat points then widdling candidates down based on personal statements. Trinity focuses more on personal statement then hpat score.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭SueGrabbit

What I was told is there's no hard and fast rule. It doesn't guarantee anything to be honest. BUT the trend seems to be above 160 you get an interview. RCSI seems to be more focused on hpat points then widdling candidates down based on personal statements. Trinity focuses more on personal statement then hpat score.

okay thanks - just couldnt find anything on it and wondering where people get their info. I was told that TCD shortlist interview candidates based on their HPAT scores. Either way its a tough ol' competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thomasdavis

With regards to standard undergraduate entry can anyone offer me any comfort/advice with regards to trends in entry level points.

I am currently working full time and want to get into medicine in UCC. I cant get into UCC as a mature student as I already have a 2.1 degree and they now reserve mature student places for those that dont have a 2.1 which is fair enough. I am also pursuing the graduate route but dont think I faired too well in the GAMSAT. After todays HPAT result I have 743 which would have got me in to UCC last year but only just. While Im happy enough I was hoping for better, I wanted to be sure I would get in so i could give 2 months notice at work. Now I have to wait until offers go out in August which will cut it very fine for handing notice etc. especially if I have to wait for a 2nd round offer.

This is somewhat wishful thinking but does anyone know if there any way to gauge likely entry level points for 2013 without waiting for the leaving cert results and round one offers?

So what kind of experience do people have on CV's?

• Advertisement

With regards to standard undergraduate entry can anyone offer me any comfort/advice with regards to trends in entry level points.

I am currently working full time and want to get into medicine in UCC. I cant get into UCC as a mature student as I already have a 2.1 degree and they now reserve mature student places for those that dont have a 2.1 which is fair enough. I am also pursuing the graduate route but dont think I faired too well in the GAMSAT. After todays HPAT result I have 743 which would have got me in to UCC last year but only just. While Im happy enough I was hoping for better, I wanted to be sure I would get in so i could give 2 months notice at work. Now I have to wait until offers go out in August which will cut it very fine for handing notice etc. especially if I have to wait for a 2nd round offer.

This is somewhat wishful thinking but does anyone know if there any way to gauge likely entry level points for 2013 without waiting for the leaving cert results and round one offers?

Congradulations! You stand a very good chance but there is no way to know for sure. What hpat score did you get?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement