Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

comeclosa wrote: »
    605 is what, 561 when converted to med points :P Add the 190 (just because 195 is as you say, HARD :P) and you have 751 points. Now the cut off for trinity, which was the highest, last year was 746, and I'd say points couldn't go up by more than 3-4... so even if points do go up to 749-750.. 751 could get you into Trinners, and if not that then DEFINITELY the other colleges, I mean, Galway was what, around 8-10 points lower last year? :)

haha yeah!
    so NUIG was 737 last year so say it goes up to 742 you would need 185 in HPAT AND 585 Points inc maths bonus (ie. 557) !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Okay, I've got my biomedicine exam in 2 days yet I'm more nervous about hpat results in June....whaaat's going on.

Oh, and anyone with any extra motivation, I beg send it my way I'm going mad in the depths of my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

Hey guys quick question, if I do well in my leaving cert (550+) and not so well in my HPAT would I still have to repeat both of them or could I just take the year off and study for the HPAT or is it a case where I gotta repeat both the LC and HPAT again.

Thanks,

NWO.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭SueGrabbit

Hey guys quick question, if I do well in my leaving cert (550+) and not so well in my HPAT would I still have to repeat both of them or could I just take the year off and study for the HPAT or is it a case where I gotta repeat both the LC and HPAT again.

Thanks,

NWO.

You don't have to repeat LC in the same year of application. I believe they are changing the HPAT next year, so that you have to sit it in the year of application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

so if u do excellently in one section are you pretty much sorted? and pretty good u think in other two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

amicus wrote: »
    so if u do excellently in one section are you pretty much sorted? and pretty good u think in other two

Yeah but doing excellent in one and still pretty good in the other two is hard.

I hope I have managed that (S1 excellent, other two good) but the thing is.. you have no idea how you got on in S2! I could've got 80 or 20. :eek:

0mega wrote: »
    Yeah but doing excellent in one and still pretty good in the other two is hard.

I hope I have managed that (S1 excellent, other two good) but the thing is.. you have no idea how you got on in S2! I could've got 80 or 20. :eek:

Well put it this way im pretty sure i got at least 28 or 9 outa 30 in s3 so that shud b at least 90..shud b more like 95 and then s1 was good..but sum parts were a bit tricky..and s2 i was happy enuff..i doubt ill get 20 hah..hope at least 60

Well put it this way im pretty sure i got at least 28 or 9 outa 30 in s3 so that shud b at least 90..shud b more like 95 and then s1 was good..but sum parts were a bit tricky..and s2 i was happy enuff..i doubt ill get 20 hah..hope at least 60

and im pretty sure the guy claimin to be aussie at med en t r y sed that theyd give sum kind of marks for the next closest answer.it wud make sense cuz then a fair few people cud score zero

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgXG5na0wtdNjsKB11JCw5C6PmUu_Qi9qfiDZP9U7ADT3GpO9t

I did the hpat last year son, thought I got 100 in section 3 came out with 54 and am now sitting in london, humility till you get results, then go absolutely crazy and show off everyone thinks their special and it's tempting lolz #yolo #swag

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgXG5na0wtdNjsKB11JCw5C6PmUu_Qi9qfiDZP9U7ADT3GpO9t

I did the hpat last year son, thought I got 100 in section 3 came out with 54 and am now sitting in london, humility till you get results, then go absolutely crazy and show off everyone thinks their special and it's tempting lolz #yolo #swag
    Ha did u check ur paper?

• Advertisement

Ha did u check ur paper?

im liking the face by the way

How do you know you got 28/30?? :P Haven't you heard how unpredictable these results are! There is no way for anyone to really know...
    remember, the higher you climb, the further you fall.....

How do you know you got 28/30?? :P Haven't you heard how unpredictable these results are! There is no way for anyone to really know...

Can you not know if u get them right?

Im confused. do they not mark every q or sumtin?i duno ha

can someone explain how its marked? :D i feel so stupid now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can we keep the txtspk to a minimum please?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

So confused about, CAO maybe you guys can help me.
    Is it worth my time putting down physiotherapy and pharmacy twice, when realistically if I don't get the points for one I won't get it for the other course? I want to have a few more solid backups in case the LC goes horribly wrong.

I'm still vaguely optimistic about getting Medicine ( although I have recurring nightmares where I get 161 points in the HPAT and get a B1 in Biology in my LC :( ) Hopefully they'll multiply my HPAT section marks together instead of add them :pac:

woopah92 wrote: »
    So confused about, CAO maybe you guys can help me.
    Is it worth my time putting down physiotherapy and pharmacy twice, when realistically if I don't get the points for one I won't get it for the other course? I want to have a few more solid backups in case the LC goes horribly wrong.

I'm still vaguely optimistic about getting Medicine ( although I have recurring nightmares where I get 161 points in the HPAT and get a B1 in Biology in my LC :( ) Hopefully they'll multiply my HPAT section marks together instead of add them :pac:

Well how did the mocks go? And how more prepped do you feel now compared to days leading up to mock

can someone explain how its marked? :D i feel so stupid now

Hey,
    Em well no one actually knows how it is marked. What i meant is that even when you feel that you got something correct, it could surprise you and be wrong. so there really is no way of knowing that you got "28/30" or whatever. We can only hope but it's best not to think about it.
    Don't feel stupid! sure you did nothing silly, I just meant that the HPAT is sooo unpredictable so don't think about it to save yourself the disappointment come june! :)
    Best of luck as always! :D

Hey,
    Em well no one actually knows how it is marked. What i meant is that even when you feel that you got something correct, it could surprise you and be wrong. so there really is no way of knowing that you got "28/30" or whatever. We can only hope but it's best not to think about it.
    Don't feel stupid! sure you did nothing silly, I just meant that the HPAT is sooo unpredictable so don't think about it to save yourself the disappointment come june! :)
    Best of luck as always! :D

hah ye i getya :) to you too mister

• Advertisement

hah ye i getya :) to you too mister

:D
    How's the study going? :)

:D
    How's the study going? :)

ah sure .somedays its good.other days i cant do anything.i should be fine .have to go over all of irish though ,essays included. how about you? its hard to say you're ready

ah sure .somedays its good.other days i cant do anything.i should be fine .have to go over all of irish though ,essays included. how about you? its hard to say you're ready

Same as man!
    Oh well i suppose we will never know EVERYTHING!!! I feel i am not getting better but i guess i have reached my pleatu for now! With some luck and prayer I may get Med. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I had a HPAT dream last night. I got 178...

[qim uote="0mega;84505477"]I had a HPAT dream last night. I got 178...[/quote]

thatd still b gud enough providing you could pull off 625. Im still waiting for my hpat dream although i know ive alredy had one and all i remember sayin is ill b able to get into ucd with that..what do dreams tell us? Almost as big as the question “ which preceeded the other , the egg or the chicken?“

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

guys I'm the only one here who HASN'T had a HPAT dream yet.. I'm getting worried.. :rolleyes:

comeclosa wrote: »
    guys I'm the only one here who HASN'T had a HPAT dream yet.. I'm getting worried.. :rolleyes:

Better off not getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Better off not getting one

Yup. Mine was horrible. 149. Wanted to go die.

dont worry that aint true :p

• Advertisement

ah i just want my results now.this is killing me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement