Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

KristineKJ wrote: »
    lol...anyone know??

Looking at the graphs from previous years, the middle of the bell curve seems to be around the 160 mark. That doesn't bode well for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

KristineKJ wrote: »
    lol...anyone know??

http://hpat-ireland.acer.edu.au/files/HPAT_-_Ireland_2012_Candidate_Performance.pdf

This might help with what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

Looking at the graphs from previous years, the middle of the bell curve seems to be around the 160 mark. That doesn't bode well for me :(

plus, this year when the mature students got their results, it said the scores went up :(

AislingBo wrote: »
    plus, this year when the mature students got their results, it said the scores went up :(

Well that's just marvellous :( Ugh, I'm just going to become a piano tuner, great money in it, and I love music just as much as helping sick people :P

Wait, about 8 people scored around 90 points. 90. I repeat, 90 points. I hope that's not gonna be me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Dreading the results but looking forward to finally knowing at long last if its just a dream or if it might be a reality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

woopah92 wrote: »
    Wait, about 8 people scored around 90 points. 90. I repeat, 90 points. I hope that's not gonna be me :pac:

This is my fear!!!! Christ!! It's the only test that I actually Have not a clue how I did. Here's hoping I guessed right!

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Dreading the results but looking forward to finally knowing at long last if its just a dream or if it might be a reality!

But if they're bad, it's not the end of our dream! There are many other options! The hard bit is which one to choose :P

But if they're bad, it's not the end of our dream! There are many other options! The hard bit is which one to choose :P

I've that sussed, cos I know I ain't getting med :pac: Piano tuning ftw :D

This is my fear!!!! Christ!! It's the only test that I actually Have not a clue how I did. Here's hoping I guessed right!

When people hear it's out of 300, they always ask me if I'm gonna score above 250 then. :pac:
    Ugh. I want to break 200 soooo bad. But anything over 185 might get me in. :confused:

• Advertisement

woopah92 wrote: »
    When people hear it's out of 300, they always ask me if I'm gonna score above 250 then. :pac:
    Ugh. I want to break 200 soooo bad. But anything over 185 might get me in. :confused:

Haha same! People are like "you're so lucky, you can walk into the leaving with 300 extra points". This tests my empathy skills, not fnucking section 2!! :P

And so far, my leaving isnt going according to plan...im getting to the point where the stress is making me not want to want medicine...if that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

And once when we all will get accepted in medicine, the stress of doing that course will be pretty much over the top, so much work we won't have lives anymore. ):

Haha same! People are like "you're so lucky, you can walk into the leaving with 300 extra points". This tests my empathy skills, not fnucking section 2!! :P

My favourite one, "sure the hpat is easy, it's only multiple choice". :pac:

And once when we all will get accepted in medicine, the stress of doing that course will be pretty much over the top, so much work we won't have lives anymore. ):

This fact can be ignored for the time being. don't push us over the edge haha

why do we want this? i was saying to my parents the other day that i might take a year out to be an au pair...and my dad was like "youll have loads of time to travel when youre a doctor" yeah freakin right! what am we getting ourselves in for...

and yet i still want it :/ :L

why do we want this? i was saying to my parents the other day that i might take a year out to be an au pair...and my dad was like "youll have loads of time to travel when youre a doctor" yeah freakin right! what am we getting ourselves in for...

and yet i still want it :/ :L

Okay, I want to travel too. There will be time eventually! EVENTUALLY! :p

Okay, I want to travel too. There will be time eventually! EVENTUALLY! :p

that's the aim :D

Lads, lads, relax, we can all go do a course in shamanism or herbal medicine or something and be witch-doctors. Far less stress, it's nearly the same thing, with the same job satisfaction :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

One person got 66 in last years exam, that is going to haunt me for the next week!

• Advertisement

Lads, lads, relax, we can all go do a course in shamanism or herbal medicine or something and be witch-doctors. Far less stress, it's nearly the same thing, with the same job satisfaction :P

genius...pure genius :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I think it'd be up there with one of the best things ever to get like 4 points in your HPAT. It'd be waaaaay better than getting something boring like 160. For the rest of your life, you'd be the person that got 4 points in the HPAT. What a life.

I don't think they tell you your score when you get in 0-20th percentile though so I suppose I'll never know if I've achieved my one great aim!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

This settles it. I'm just gonna go find a hole and live in it. Hopefully develop magic powers and find a cure for cancer :D

This settles it. I'm just gonna go find a hole and live in it. Hopefully develop magic powers and find a cure for cancer :D

ill join ya and cure alzheimers ... for the win!

genius...pure genius :D

Why thank you :3 *waves tuft of foxtail hair in gesture of blessing/ward off illness*

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

One person got 66 in last years exam, that is going to haunt me for the next week!

The absolute humiliation of being that person and seeing your score sitting there, rock bottom out of about 2000 people. Some randomer probably thought it was an IQ test or something. But I shouldn't be poking fun at them, I'd say I'll do sh1te :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

In all fairness though the worst has to be that person who just misses out by one point . . ONE (that will be me)

Glee_GG wrote: »
    In all fairness though the worst has to be that person who just misses out by one point . . ONE (that will be me)

I've heard of a guy who missed it by 1 point as he got 89.75% in chemistry! Remember, they round down!

I've heard of a guy who missed it by 1 point as he got 89.75% in chemistry! Remember, they round down!

assholes -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

I would throw myself of a cliff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement