Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

I would throw myself of a cliff

No i would rather throw the examiners off the cliff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Personally I'd much rather be off 1 than 10.
    You'd be fairly sure of med the next year with repeating whatever !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

So nerve wrecking grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I bet someone here is gonna get 100th percentile. Everyone seems really intelligent. :eek:

As long as I get 190, I will be delighted. 180+ I'll be happy. <180 .. I will be in a very dark place :pac:

0mega wrote: »
    I bet someone here is gonna get 100th percentile. Everyone seems really intelligent. :eek:

As long as I get 190, I will be delighted. 180+ I'll be happy. <180 .. I will be in a very dark place :pac:

Hahaha same, but I am most likely GOING to get under 180!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I'm still quite excited for these results, fellows. Although I've noticed that the closer they get, the further away they feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

I promise, if I get in the 100th percentile, I'll tell all you guys here :D

When Tuesday comes, I will be sooo Happy!
    Judging by the Leaving Cert so far, regrettably it looks as though i'll be repeating.... It's OK though, I didn't do T.Y so really this is like my fifth year haha And I don't think any 5th year is working as hard as this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

0mega wrote: »

yeah same 200 would be over the moon.180 plus id b really happy though too

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fert94

Just wondering if anybody else is considering molecular medicine as another option? Trying to find out little more information about it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

amicus wrote: »
    yeah same 200 would be over the moon.180 plus id b really happy though too

200+ ?! im trying to break the 50 mark at this rate :L dont think i'll be getting into med this year but im happy to settle for something else and maybe do a post-grad. think i might take a year out...although im already 19 so im old enough but sure theres lots of time ahead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

If you take the "HPAT" out of "Hyperventilate" and change 2 letters you get "Percentile"
    Sums up my situation accurately enough at least :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Not sure if I regret not going down this route or not but hey ho, such is life :) Good luck to all of you with your results.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

Legion. wrote: »
    Not sure if I regret not going down this route or not but hey ho, such is life :) Good luck to all of you with your results.

what route are you taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

comeclosa wrote: »
    If you take the "HPAT" out of "Hyperventilate" and change 2 letters you get "Percentile"
    Sums up my situation accurately enough at least :rolleyes:

Sounds like someones had too much time on their hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 zinny

well this sums things all up for me guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNIxa2H5lQM

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭meleanor

I have successive dreams about getting 210...*sigh*
    If I break 180 ill be happy.
    But the exam was atrocious.

meleanor wrote: »
    I have successive dreams about getting 210...*sigh*
    If I break 180 ill be happy.
    But the exam was atrocious.

Especially section A

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I realised my section 3 circles were all out by one answer (i.e. I'd skipped one without realising) with only 10 mins left to go. Still not sure if I rectified it, but I was guessing mostly anyway, you don't get much worse than that :pac:

I realised my section 3 circles were all out by one answer (i.e. I'd skipped one without realising) with only 10 mins left to go. Still not sure if I rectified it, but I was guessing mostly anyway, you don't get much worse than that :pac:

The little bubble circles you had to pencil in? That happened to me for two of the sections. But I spotted it early and fixed it. It's so annoying :S

• Advertisement

I was the simpleton who didnt get all of section two done. Yep, I know :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

I was the simpleton who didnt get all of section two done. Yep, I know :cool:

Haha I found section 2 by far the easiest, I can read people like a book ;)
    I didn't finish section 3 though, that was my biggest downfall :(

I glanced around like 10 minutes before a section ended and loads of people were just sitting around looking like they were finished... I was like HOW!!!

Haha I found section 2 by far the easiest, I can read people like a book ;)
    I didn't finish section 3 though, that was my biggest downfall :(

It was always my best section too! Did brilliantly on them before the actual exam, just my luck! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I'm hoping for a high score in S1, a decent one in S3... S2 has the potential to be utterly disastrous though. A score less than 30 wouldn't remotely surprise me.. I just had no idea what one to choose so ended up guessing between most.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Conballz

It was always my best section too! Did brilliantly on them before the actual exam, just my luck! :(

I'm not the only one :') ... I was so disappointed I just got a mental block on S3 even though it was my best and favourite :( But I thought S1 was lovely and that S2 was good too, so I'm hoping to god S3 doesn't drag me into the dark, but very realistic prospect of <180

Conballz wrote: »
    I'm not the only one :') ... I was so disappointed I just got a mental block on S3 even though it was my best and favourite :( But I thought S1 was lovely and that S2 was good too, so I'm hoping to god S3 doesn't drag me into the dark, but very realistic prospect of <180

The passages in section 2 were waaaaaay longer than other years and it really caught me out :(
    Yep. I can't see a happy Monday ahead....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Conballz

The passages in section 2 were waaaaaay longer than other years and it really caught me out :(
    Yep. I can't see a happy Monday ahead....

Yeah they were quite long actually, nearly caught for time... I'm totes scared for Monday :(

Well statistically speaking those in the 85th+ percentile will get med so if there are 100 people who have used/browsed this forum then about 15 will get med....hmm thats quite bad actually. Well those who get it deserve it, that HPAT is far from an easy test!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm hoping for relatively high in S1 and S2 but S3 is likely to be a shambles tbh. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement