Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Wow I sometimes feel like the smartest person in my school but when I come on boards I feel like a dumb*ss :P

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Hopefully we can all empathise! Or else out HPAT will be crap!

Haha yeah after the LC its straight to the ol' HPAT craic :rolleyes: I'm really confident about how my exams have gone so far, I've made very few slip ups (that I'm aware of) but I'm certain I won't get it based on the HPAT! Oh well, next year if its possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pokkyoc

Yeah! Music, Applied Maths and Japanese!! :( It's sad how the 90% are finished and partying away! Lucky us, we can prolong our stress a little longer! Monday morning! :eek:

pokkyoc wrote: »
    Yeah! Music, Applied Maths and Japanese!! :( It's sad how the 90% are finished and partying away! Lucky us, we can prolong our stress a little longer! Monday morning! :eek:

You should do well though, people tend to do very well in Applied Maths and Japanese according to the stats! I know, the joy :D Well my torture is over tomorrow with Ag Science

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

I'm with ya on the nihongo front... :/ How are you set for it?

• Advertisement

I'm fairly happy with all of my exams so far! I mean it could've been so much worse! :eek: I'm sure I'd have a good chance if I can scrape the 600 mark, provided that I score 180+ in the HPAT :) Best of luck in Ag Science tomorrow! :D

I'm fairly happy with all of my exams so far! I mean it could've been so much worse! :eek: I'm sure I'd have a good chance if I can scrape the 600 mark, provided that I score 180+ in the HPAT :) Best of luck in Ag Science tomorrow! :D

Thanks, same for you and your exams!

comeclosa wrote: »
    I'm with ya on the nihongo front... :/ How are you set for it?

I'm confident enough about it! How about you? I know a couple of people who got Med in UCC last year and they had both gotten A1s in Japanese :D I think if they give nice essay titles, it should be grand! Need to revise some Kanji though! :)

I'm confident enough about it! How about you? I know a couple of people who got Med in UCC last year and they had both gotten A1s in Japanese :D I think if they give nice essay titles, it should be grand! Need to revise my Kanji though! :)

Yep, the Kanji is a bit tricky, gotta learn that :P How did the oral go?

I was very happy with it! :D I explained to her about the HPAT and the admission procedures into Medicine :D

アイルランドで医学を勉強するためには、HPATという試験に合格しなければいけません。HPATはとてもむずかしい試験ですよ。 etc. etc. :D

She asked me about the ol' 将来の夢 and that photograph thing in the end also went very well! :D How did it go for you? :D

• Advertisement

I was very happy with it! :D I explained to her about the HPAT and the admission procedures into Medicine :D

アイルランドで医学を勉強するためには、HPATという試験に合格しなければいけません。HPATはとてもむずかしい試験ですよ。 etc. etc. :D

She asked me about the ol' 将来の夢 and that photograph thing in the end also went very well! :D How did it go for you? :D

OKAY thats... Some use of Kanji :P I had URSULA as my oral examiner, the legend that wrote the book.
    The general conversation was really nice, got watashi no shourai as my topic and the picture on souji... Hopefully A1 Standard :D

comeclosa wrote: »
    OKAY thats... Some use of Kanji :P I had URSULA as my oral examiner, the legend that wrote the book.
    The general conversation was really nice, got watashi no shourai as my topic and the picture on souji... Hopefully A1 Standard :D

Really! :D That's really cool! I got an actual Japanese lady examining me! :) She was lovely though! Did you bow upon entering the room? :) I also said ''しつれいします。''! My picture was that cherryblossom viewing event :) I kept saying Gaikokujin (Foreigner) when describing a white person lol! I hope I got an A1 too! :D They're nice with the marking anyway! Unlike other LC exams...

Really! :D That's really cool! I got an actual Japanese lady examining me! :) She was lovely though! Did you bow upon entering the room? :) I also said ''しつれいします。''! My picture was that cherryblossom viewing event :) I kept saying Gaikokujin (Foreigner) when describing a white person lol! I hope I got an A1 too! :D They're nice with the marking anyway! Unlike other LC exams...

Our teacher is an actual Japanese lady so that's no news for me :P
    And yes, hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Did you bow upon entering the room? :) I also said ''しつれいします。''!

I remember that, was so nervous :rolleyes: Tripped over myself and blurted it out twice so it was like shit! Shitsureishimasu! :o

fewtins wrote: »
    I remember that, was so nervous :rolleyes: Tripped over myself and blurted it out twice so it was like shit! Shitsureishimasu! :o

Instead of "ga" I said "Aber" ... fortunately Ursula herself is German ;)
    She was like "doitsugo o kikima****a ka?"

Edit: oh lovely, gotta love the cencorship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lcer212

Any suggestions on how to stay calm between now and Monday?Rescue remedy perhaps?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

lcer212 wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to stay calm between now and Monday?Rescue remedy perhaps?:confused:

Keep busy...go to the beach, shop, book a holiday, plan a packing list for said holiday, start watching a new tv series, watch friends re-runs, perfect your CV, look for a job, plan your wedding, play sims, make a bucket list

Clearly I have a life to be jealous of.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SDCards

Go dancing, swimming - whatever fuels your passion. It'll keep you focused ;)

But dear God, you will STILL have moments of utter dread. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I keep forgetting about Monday until I come on here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Conballz

For some reason part of me keeps thinking I might do well and actually get what I need... It's going to make Monday that bit more soul-crushing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

The fact HPAT results are on Monday hasn't really crossed my mind tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

I'm sure I'm not the only person with this problem but, if you don't like blood or seeing cuts or burns etc. is it a bad idea to want to study Medicine?

I'm going into sixth year next year. I love science. I love people. I have done many sample HPATs and I've gotten nearly all the questions right. My DAT results last year suggested I am suited to Medicine.

My problem is that I just squirm and my legs go wobbly at the thought of someone's bone popping out of place or having a huge gash on their leg. How am I ever to dissect the human brain if I cannot even do these simple tasks?

Embarrassing Bodies is a simple NO GO area.

I'd love to do Medicine because what they learn about sounds incredibly interesting to me and there's a clear career pathway involved.

So, if anyone out there was in the same boat as me and did Medicine anyway or decided against it and hugely regretted it, please let me know of your experiences.

Cheers, plmko :P

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

0mega wrote: »
    The fact HPAT results are on Monday hasn't really crossed my mind tbh.

me neither really, well at least not the last week. Until now...ohh god.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

How about we don't let it cross our minds until Sunday when we entitle ourselves to a sleepless night and dart to the computer at like 6am...that's my plan :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

I actually don't really care about them! A few months ago I was a nerovus wreck and now I know they cannot be changed, nor can my terrible leaving cert. But a good result would make me unbelievably happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

plmko wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm not the only person with this problem but, if you don't like blood or seeing cuts or burns etc. is it a bad idea to want to study Medicine?

I'm going into sixth year next year. I love science. I love people. I have done many sample HPATs and I've gotten nearly all the questions right. My DAT results last year suggested I am suited to Medicine.

My problem is that I just squirm and my legs go wobbly at the thought of someone's bone popping out of place or having a huge gash on their leg. How am I ever to dissect the human brain if I cannot even do these simple tasks?

Embarrassing Bodies is a simple NO GO area.

I'd love to do Medicine because what they learn about sounds incredibly interesting to me and there's a clear career pathway involved.

So, if anyone out there was in the same boat as me and did Medicine anyway or decided against it and hugely regretted it, please let me know of your experiences.

Cheers, plmko :P

Sounds like your more interested in the whole learning about the diseases and treatments etc than actually dealing with them on a person so why not look into something like Human health and disease or Biomedical, heath and life sciences?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YoungJustice

Willing to give this Hpat a third go if Monday is a disaster. I absolutely refuse to let this test stop me from doing something I so really want to do. No one or thing should ever tell you "you can't do this". I'm just p*ssed off right now. Fully expecting not to get it, but I would appreciate any advice from someone who has done it a third time. Pm me if you're a sound individual.

Scans, don't be too distraught over your result, honestly there are worst things in life, just be glad you're in good health and no one is sick in your family. If you get a disappointing result just use it as motivation for the next year!

I predict this thread is going to be full of trolls in a few days saying "Oh yeah got the 1000th percentile go me I'm great" just ignore all that, worry about yourself.

If you do get a very disappointing result, start reading a few threads from the previous years of "everything hpat and medicine" they're full of great advice, they have plenty of sad + success stories and will really motivate you.

Oh and remember you are not the only one who doesn't get med there are plenty of other people who don't get it too and they are just as gutted/heartbroken etc it is definitely not the end of the world. Just keep calm and stay focused.
    I would absolutely love to be a success story and inspire all you Med hopefuls on Monday but I have to be realistic, but I'm still hopeful.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Sounds like your more interested in the whole learning about the diseases and treatments etc than actually dealing with them on a person so why not look into something like Human health and disease or Biomedical, heath and life sciences?

Thanks Glee_GG! I have been looking at courses like that. Biomedical engineering stands out to me, as well as Molecular Medicine. Cheers for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NierellaA

If I wasn't on the Applied Maths thread earlier I would've completely forgotten about the results had I not received emails from this board. Safe to say I am barely going to get any sleep for this exam tomorrow, or this weekend for that matter. Too much stress for an 19 year old girl mannnnn!

What is the procedure of getting the results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Apparently we get sent an email with a link to the results, but I'm not 100% sure.
    My god, I'm so nervous now I can't imagine what I'm gonna be like opening them. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement