Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭meleanor

Is it 2am tonight that results are out? Fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

meleanor wrote: »
    Is it 2am tonight that results are out? Fml.

I thought it was 6am :confused: Regardless, I'm getting up at that time, if I'm tired and cranky heads will only roll when I get my crap score :P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Just finished first year Pharmacy myself :) The material is very interesting and it's very manageable with consistent work. I didn't work very hard myself throughout the year but I got my **** together by the end and did well in the exams. You should put down Pharmacy because your interested in it not just as a backup to medicine. If that's why you chose it then maybe look at other backup courses, because it's definitely not for everyone.

That said a lot of people who wanted to do medicine and got Pharmacy were happy with the course. Just be sure that it is definitely your preferred 2nd choice because if you just throw it down without researching you might waste a whole year.
    That's my first choice! Is there a lot of Chemistry involved because it is my favourite subject and I decided on Pharmacy earlier in the year because I thought it would be very interesting.
    The course prepares you to work in Medical, Industrial or Community areas, right?

Yep lots and lots of Chemistry don't worry (The stuff we do I find pretty nice because I also loved Chemistry). Biology as well but if you didn't cover it at LC level don't worry, with a bit of work you'll be flying. If you want a breakdown of the modules partyatmygaff did a good overview on page 5 of the thread in the TCD forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056364984&page=5

All in all I find most of the stuff interesting. There are bits that you'll question the point of and it's a tough year no doubt but it's a good course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

looks like ill be on this all day / all night.Anyone with me? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

I actually am Neutral. I don't know how to feel. As long as I don't get under 170 I will be happy enough as I can work on it for next year. :D Although, I have a scary feeling I will come out with 120 or something :/

• Advertisement

it still hasnt properly hit me yet that we're getting our results.I hope its not a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I don't think I'm going to wait up all night or get up extra early. If I wake up I'll check them otherwise I'll just check when I get up. Well, I say that now! I'd rather not have people around me when I check. I've a feeling I'm going to be quite disappointed.. I really really don't want to do badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

This has hit me all of a sudden and now I'm genuinely panicking. Like I feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭meleanor

Guys, no matter what results anyone gets, we all just need to remember that if you really want medicine and if it's really for you, you will get there. And whatever route you get there by will ultimately shape a better person.

Whatever's for you won't pass you, as the ould ones say! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

I'm actually so nervous now. :P I think I'll avoid this thread tomorrow morning after the results come out though :pac: Good luck to everyone here!

• Advertisement

how do we even get the results?

amicus wrote: »

By owl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

You log in on the ACER website. You'll get an email too. They'll also appear on your CAO, although probably not right away. They also arrive by owl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Well this is terrifying!

I settle for nothing less than Hedwig.Although hes dead now

• Registered Users Posts: 5 traleebeur

what is the absolute minimum score/percentile you need to get in? (inhale.. exhale.. inhale)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

traleebeur wrote: »
    what is the absolute minimum score/percentile you need to get in? (inhale.. exhale.. inhale)

80th percentile and a good leaving cert will give you a good shot, I know one person who got in on 70th percentile but she got 590 (615 nowadays) but that becomes less probable as the years go on and the HPAT scores keep creeping up which dulls the effect of your leaving cert score, if you get what I mean!

80th percentile and a good leaving cert will give you a good shot, I know one person who got in on 70th percentile but she got 590 (615 nowadays) but that becomes less probable as the years go on and the HPAT scores keep creeping up which dulls the effect of your leaving cert score, if you get what I mean!

Yeah. I'm not going for medicine but my HL Maths teacher has a child in Medicine and he said you'd want to be aiming for 85th percentile as it would give you a little room for mistakes in your Leaving Cert. I'm only going on second hand information though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

85 percentile thats will be like 190 something this year a 180 with 560 will give you a good chance with 740 cant see galway jumping by 4 points

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SDCards

I settle for nothing less than Hedwig.Although hes dead now

Pretty sure Hedwig was a gal.

We should all just carry on with the banter without bringing the results up. Should be grand...

• Advertisement

ahmdoda wrote: »
    85 percentile thats will be like 190 something this year a 180 with 560 will give you a good chance with 740 cant see galway jumping by 4 points

Baring in mind that 560 on the reduced points means you actually had to get 600

Watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory puts me off putting dentistry down, I'm terribly worried I'll turn into Willy Wonkas dad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Good luck tomorrow everyone :) Looking at last years thread the results weren't out til 7.30am. Hope all ye boardsies do amazing! :D

If things don't go your way, remember that there are plenty of ways to get what you want. Taking another year to do the HPAT or LC again really means nothing in the long term, if you're happy in a few years time with the course you've ended up in it'll all be worth it! There are always good success stories around this time of people who've had to go the long way around things but in the end they've got what they wanted, so take that as encouragement if the results aren't what you hoped. It'll all work out at some point if you want it to :)

This thread will be watched closely tonight so anyone trolling before the results are out for real will not be treated kindly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I wouldn't touch med with a barge pole myself so I just thought I'd pop in to wish ye all good luck in the morning because when I'm sick in 10 years time I want some good doctors!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Aghhhh its getting closer! I've had a great few days relaxing and doing nothing in particular and now the nerves are hitting me!

This thread will be watched closely tonight so anyone trolling before the results are out for real will not be treated kindly ;)

Omg guys, I got 299 points ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

woopah92 wrote: »

Banned :pac:

Jeez woman, if you're gunna troll, do it right! :p

Banned :pac:

Jeez woman, if you're gunna troll, do it right! :p

Man. Actually. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Imagine if you did . . I'd probably be gutted for you that you lost a point :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Banned

just trollin :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement