Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

208 98th percentile! This may be the happiest I've ever felt this is insane

WTF?! Fair play that's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

So, what's Galway like? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

What utterly sick version of Christmas morning this is.

What utterly sick version of Christmas morning this is.

what dya get?

woopah92 wrote: »
    So, what's Galway like? :pac:

seems like its gonna be filled with a lot of us anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

OMG I GOT 83rd PERCENTILE I'M DELIGHTED :D

AislingBo wrote: »
    seems like its gonna be filled with a lot of us anyway ;)

I'm actually hoping I get Galway now, after more research, it seems like a nice place to go to college :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

quick question, if you repeat, but have enough points for medicine from the first time you did the leaving, i.e. your HPAT increased. do you have to take your most recent Leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I wanted to go to NUIG before it was cool. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

what dya get?

138 :pac: But my sec.2, which is normally my best section, getting nearly full marks on the practice papers, was lower than sec. 1 and 3 so that's what I'm kind of miffed over :/ Sure, there's back doors into everything :)

• Advertisement

138 :pac: But my sec.2, which is normally my best section, getting nearly full marks on the practice papers, was lower than sec. 1 and 3 so that's what I'm kind of miffed over :/ Sure, there's back doors into everything :)

Of course! My leaving cert didnt go well so even though Im delighted with the hpat, I dont think I got the points in the exams for med...so many backdoors though so it'll just take a little longer than I hoped!

Slow Show wrote: »
    I wanted to go to NUIG before it was cool. :(

that was always my first choice! and Im from kildare so its not exactly close...

quick question, if you repeat, but have enough points for medicine from the first time you did the leaving, i.e. your HPAT increased. do you have to take your most recent Leaving?

nope :) congrats it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mocker2012

I got 191 - 87th, delighted after getting 157 last year.

that was always my first choice! and Im from kildare so its not exactly close...

Try being from Waterford!!!! Even further......I think. May get going with the driving lessons then. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Yeh section 2 was my lowest for some reason.. And I'm not lacking in empathy like :P still baffled as to how S3 was my highest..
    Anyway I will be redoing the Hpat next year. I didn't do really badly which is all I wanted so it's ok. Although there seems to be quite a gap between scores and percentiles. Last year I think I would have been in the 80s..
    I knew I wasn't going to get it this year but I'm still young and it's sort of what I wanted (in a weird way) so I'm ok with it.
    To anyone who is disheartened - don't give up. Give it another try.

Try being from Waterford!!!! Even further......I think. May get going with the driving lessons then. :p

failed my driving test twice so im gonna stick with the train ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AislingFH

Woohoo! 202/95th percentile. :D For anyone who is feeling a bit sad, don't be disheartened. I'm a repeat student and my percentile literally went up by about 60 so anything is possible! In my opinion, do the courses and practice practice practice.
    Aaaahhhh so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Goodness I'll have to start studying Biology, I never did it for my Leaving Cert :L

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

I'm actually hoping I get Galway now, after more research, it seems like a nice place to go to college :D

Galways my first choice! Lads its a literally a student city, its gonna be classssssss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Ayshan

I can't believe this, can't stop crying.. 150??? All the prep work and stress for nothing.

Anyone considering going down the Trinity route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Got 185...not bad I know but I've only applied to UCD. Is that pretty much guaranteed that I won't get in so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ItsCon

Got the results, 196, but still can't decide where to go! Already reserved accommodation in Cork but I've been hearing a lot about Galway and Dublin, being the capitol, is bound to be good. Ahh decisions!!

En wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted - 87th in section 1, 93rd in section 3, 37th in section 2, 174 points.

It looks like section 2 was weighted very heavily and I'm incredibly peed off as a result ; on the day it was choosing between two answers for me for the majority of the section, and coming out on the bad end of that many 50/50s really annoys me - especially because some of you guys picked up 60th percentile in section two and 50~ in section 1 and 3 and scored 190~. I shouldn't have come on boards today >:(

I'm very jealous and I know it :S

I'm sorry but I'm very confused! 87+37+93=217. How is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 theruraljack

91st percentile - beyond all expectations! Especially since last years result was a good 30 percentage points lower. My first year in college made all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

AislingFH wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I'm very confused! 87+37+93=217. How is that?

yeah you're right, 57 in section 1 my bad AND 83 section 3 - green mist

En wrote: »
    yeah you're right, 57th in section 1 my bad - green mist

Oh I see. I'm sorry. Would you repeat the HPAT?

ItsCon wrote: »
    Got the results, 196, but still can't decide where to go! Already reserved accommodation in Cork but I've been hearing a lot about Galway and Dublin, being the capitol, is bound to be good. Ahh decisions!!

You should go to Dublin.....and leave the Galway spaces open for me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

AislingFH wrote: »
    Oh I see. I'm sorry. Would you repeat the HPAT?

I guess from these results it looks like i'm not cut out for medicine :/ Might repeat the HPAT but do dentistry or computer sciences for the first year - or take the biomed route like the rest of us sad first timers :S

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement