Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AislingFH

En wrote: »
    I guess from these results it looks like i'm not cut out for medicine :/ Might repeat the HPAT but do dentistry or computer sciences for the first year - or take the biomed route like the rest of us sad first timers :S

I don't think that's true! I did horrifically last year but repeated and got 202 so it really is the luck of the draw. :) I also did a year in college but did European Studies. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kenney

209 points! Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AverageGirl

Kenney wrote: »
    209 points! Delighted.

Congrats that's incredible! What percentile is that??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CaptMutty

I feel like a dickhead posting this as I know there are some disappointed with their results, but I just have to get it off my chest. I'm absolutely buzzing right now - 237, 100th percentile! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AverageGirl

CaptMutty wrote: »
    I feel like a dickhead posting this as I know there are some disappointed with their results, but I just have to get it off my chest. I'm absolutely buzzing right now - 237, 100th percentile! :)

Holy ****!! Highest in the country I'd say, congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Kenney

Damn I was feeling pretty happy with mine until you came along :D

Holy ****!! Highest in the country I'd say, congratulations!

Thanks! I'm in shock right now, unbelievably happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Jeez man congrats. Throw a few points my way so I can get into UCD? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

To people who are feeling crap after not getting the result they wanted,
    not getting it second time is a much crappier feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ayshan

Do you mind me asking how much you went up from the first time or did you go up at all? I'm debating whether to repeat HPAT now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SuperSayian

I know how you feel!:o HPAT 2014 here I come....AGAIN :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cant Trust The System

I got 187 which is the 84th percentile. I'm so borderline, the wait for the LC results is going to kill me D:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 helloEverbody

I still really really want to see a graph of the results >.< :P

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

Ayshan wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how much you went up from the first time or did you go up at all? I'm debating whether to repeat HPAT now.

Only went up by 6 points but still not enough,
    in fairness though so many people repeat it and go up!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

AislingFH wrote: »
    Anyone considering going down the Trinity route?

sorry, not smart enough :/

GOOD JOB! that's amazing! hope you get the lc results now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ayshan

Only went up by 6 points but still not enough,
    in fairness though so many people repeat it and go up!

Thanks, sorry to hear that you're disappointed btw. Is it worth doing a year of college and repeating the HPAT.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

If you don't mind me asking but are you a repeat or is this your first time doing it? And did you do a prep course are are you just naturally talented :L

If you don't mind me asking but are you a repeat or is this your first time doing it? And did you do a prep course are are you just naturally talented :L

First time. I did a ******** prep course, so I suppose that helped. I dunno, section 3 questions just seemed to click for me :)

First time. I did a ******** prep course, so I suppose that helped. I dunno, section 3 questions just seemed to click for me :)

Sorry, obviously not allowed to name it :p

• Advertisement

do those *'s mean M e d e n t r y or the I n s t i t u t e or what??

AislingBo wrote: »
    do those *'s mean M e d e n t r y or the I n s t i t u t e or what??

The first one, I didn't realise it'd be censored

The first one, I didn't realise it'd be censored

ahh...I did that too :)

to anyone repeating hpat next year, its soooo worth the money!
    It's called M e d e n t r y (its censored hence the spaces)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SDCards

ahh...I did that too :)

to anyone repeating hpat next year, its soooo worth the money!
    It's called M e d e n t r y (its censored hence the spaces)

I did that too but 3 weeks before the exam. I started on the HPAT too late. Really thought I'd get into UK uni. Hence the 161 but I'm shocked my best result was S3 and not S2.

Disappointed though. Should've at least set out to repeat my LC again this year...after 4 years.

Lads I just I was just looking at it in my breakdown it was S1: 65 S2: 54 S3: 68 and that all adds up to 187 but they gave me 186, should I say something or is it the same for everyone?

SDCards wrote: »
    I did that too but 3 weeks before the exam. I started on the HPAT too late. Really thought I'd get into UK uni. Hence the 161 but I'm shocked my best result was S3 and not S2.

Disappointed though. Should've at least set out to repeat my LC again this year...after 4 years.

Oh I did mine in November so I had a few months to prepare...you'll get there eventually, don't give up!!

Lads I just I was just looking at it in my breakdown it was S1: 65 S2: 54 S3: 68 and that all adds up to 187 but they gave me 186, should I say something or is it the same for everyone?

SAY IT! You could end up out by a point!

SAY IT! You could end up out by a point!

Wait there was a thing in the FAQ's underneath:
    Q How is the Overall Score calculated?

A The Overall Score is calculated by adding the three section Scores to several decimal places and then rounded. As the three section Scores are reported as rounded
    numbers on your Statement of Results it is not possible for you to replicate the process and calculate your Overall Score.

Would that explain it?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Mine add up to my score so I'd say just send them an email about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Don't bother send an e-mail, it's correct, they round up your section scores but if you added up your scores with all the decimal points and such you'd get your overall score. I'm off by a point too but I'm positive it's grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement