Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic transfer for IEC Payment

Options
  • 03-05-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I made my IEC payment through Interpay in the bank of ireland.
    I put down the WTN for the reference. Checked my banking online today and the money came out of my account successfully but the reference was 'The Canadian Embassy'. So i rang the bank to find out if thats the reference thats going to appear on the payee's account and they said no, whatever i have put down on the transfer form will be on the payee's account (which would be the WTN).
    Im not convinced though especially from reading about all the trouble other people had with the reference for payment.

Has anyone paid through electronic transfer from Bank of Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

Yes youre bank have advised you correctly. You wont see the wtn on ur statement as its the reference for the receiving bank and not for you. Your bank statement shows who you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

henrieta wrote: »
    Yes youre bank have advised you correctly. You wont see the wtn on ur statement as its the reference for the receiving bank and not for you. Your bank statement shows who you paid.

Yea that's accurate. The message on your statement and there's doesn't have to match! You could have asked them to put 'pink elephants' on your statement and it wouldn't affect the IEC seeing your WTN number on there side!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bops2042

Great, thanks for that guys.

Advertisement