Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rafael Van Der Vaart - Tottenham legend?

Options
  • 03-05-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

He provides the odd moment of frustration when he lingers around the back four void of his responsibility up front but I have to say, I love the guy...!

He's the ultimate footballer, skill, technique and guile... A proper big game player!

Last night you could see how much he wanted it, and when he came off he embraced both Jake and Harry, he loves the Spurs...

Two vital goals in two vital games.... Tottenham legend IMHO! COYS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Behave..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Behave..
    Autstin? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great player,we're lucky to have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hope he stays with us for years to come, he is the class of player who will attract other special players. He is a great finisher too as has been proven with goals like last night, the two away to Blackburn and his cracker against Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

enjoy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Oozes quality, I've a thing for Dutch players...lot of man love for VDV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Yep . I like him too, he has a great left foot and the right one isnt bad.

He has great vision to pick out a pass and he is a big game player

When the pressure is on , sometimes he can get a littlte over run cos he isnt very fit but i do think he is an asset to our club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Don't think he deserves legendary status just yet, don't think anyone should after two years! Give it another two and if he plays as good as he did the past 2 and plays with as much passion he'll be remembered as one of the greats alright :)

P.S... If he gets us 3rd the next two years doesn't matter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Cracking Mrs too...;)

He had a flick in 2nd half at near touchlinie the other night I had to rewind to make sure I had seen it properly. Amazing skill and imagination, fitness is the only thing stopping him from being an elite world player.

We are extremely lucky to have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Mmm no wonder he's not fit. I'd say Sylvie sucks the life juice from him on a daily basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I think he's great. probably my favourite player of the current lot. As Arry would say a top, top player but legend? Not there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Emoran wrote: »
    Don't think he deserves legendary status just yet, don't think anyone should after two years!

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Don't think he deserves legendary status just yet, don't think anyone should after two years!

except this fella ;)

jurgen-klinsmann_1112047c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Not a legend yet but getting there. Hes top drawer. Would like to see him improve his fitness though. Hopefully he stays with us for a while to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

yiddo59 wrote: »

except this fella ;)

jurgen-klinsmann_1112047c.jpg

Touché :P

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

He's very frustrating at times but I do idolize him at the same time. Scored some important goals for us and a few more to come id imagine.

Him and croucy were beast at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

I love his passion for the game as well. A lot of players in luxury positions like his, or with that sort of technical ability, can shrug their shoulders when things aren't going their way. Rafa, despite a lack of physical prowess, seems to relish that side of the game. Sure, he can be indisciplined at times (especially when played on the right of midfield) but you can see when he scores a goal or makes a tackle how much it means to him.

I always wonder how good he could be with an extra yard of pace though.

Advertisement