Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading in bill pay phones

Options
  • 03-05-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hey, I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 on billpay with Meteor and the contract is due to end in August. I'd like to trade it in for the Galxay s3... but I'm 90% sure I'll be moving country in September.

Is there any way to trade in a bill pay phone for a reduced price on a non-billpay phone? Or... does anyone know if I can come back to them in a year or two with my old S2 and trade it in then?

Probably two stupid questions but any answers would be great. Any ideas what I can do with this phone? I'd like to trade it in for some thing as I paid a lot of money for it and don't want it going to waste.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Peleus wrote: »
    Hey, I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 on billpay with Meteor and the contract is due to end in August. I'd like to trade it in for the Galxay s3... but I'm 90% sure I'll be moving country in September.

Is there any way to trade in a bill pay phone for a reduced price on a non-billpay phone? Or... does anyone know if I can come back to them in a year or two with my old S2 and trade it in then?

Probably two stupid questions but any answers would be great. Any ideas what I can do with this phone? I'd like to trade it in for some thing as I paid a lot of money for it and don't want it going to waste.

I don't think any Irish provider do trade-in's what they do is to offer you upgrade but to get an upgrade at a good price you need to sign for a new contract, what you can do is change to pay as you while you are out of the country, if you don't you will still pay the monthly subscription while you are away. Check with Meteor in case you need to make a minimum or calls or tup-up every few months before they cancel the number

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Peleus wrote: »

You've an S2 you don't really need an S3 as they both now have ICS software so very little difference besides shape and some new gizmo's but nothing you can't live without.
    To answer your question though, most phone shops do trade ins, have a look on the swpakit website for a list of stores, you could also try ones close to you, most should take it off your hands. You might get a little more on adverts.ie or donedeal. Your probably looking at spending between €300/400 to trade up to the s3. Would a second hand htc one x be a better trade up for less money???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Why don't you request the unlock of the phone and you can use it while abroad.

Advertisement