Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You will be Dead in 2092 everyone here

• 03-05-2012 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Does that freak you out a little knowing you and nearly all the people you know will be dead? :(

You will be decayed and rotton . Stinking and liquid like(or dry). You may be used by a plant or insect as food. You will look nasty.

I for one am not happy with this situation and would like suggestions to avoid it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

You won't be aware of it. Sweet dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

With any luck I'll be dead before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Cremation.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I mightnt be, my grandad is in his mid nineties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Also, the key to immortality is to not die. Figured that one out a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

the sooner the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

makes me wonder why im even bothering paying my TV licence. Im fecked anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Will we not live on in hard drives or something?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It is possible I could live to 102, unlikely, but still possible.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

We'll all be in nursing homes long before it dribbling, mumbling incoherently and pissing ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I ****ing hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

That's only 20 World Cups away !!!!

Can we win one before then ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Me and Jesus will be in heaven. You're welcome to come along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

If it so happens that I'm alive to celebrate the centenary of my Leaving Cert, I'm pretty sure you'll find me pleading with a young nursing home attendant to arrange my quick, easy death.
    Don't worry about it, OP. You'll be beyond caring in 2092.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Does that freak you out a little knowing you and nearly all the people you know will be dead? :(

You will be decayed and rotton . Stinking and liquid like(or dry). You may be used by a plant or insect as food. You will look nasty.

I for one am not happy with this situation and would like suggestions to avoid it.

And the country will still be ****ed...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yuppies

I plan on living through the 2010's, 2020s and 2030's before worrying about that sh'it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition

It really is all down hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I'll be 101. I'll be all wrinkly and old but Iwill deffo still be alive, what with increasing life expectancy and all.
    It will be SO CASH, I'll be too old to give any f*cks, I'll do whatever I want, I'll shoplift and steal cars and no one will do anything because who is going to imprison a 101 year old woman? HA HA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

OP needs to watch the whole of Six Feet Under. You'll see death a little differently by the time you get to the closing scenes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

They will never let me die. It's punishment, you see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Yes, of course. I think of hardly anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

earlier today I got my "final farewell" from a friend who is dying from cancer

Ive sat and cryed, listened to sad songs on You Tube, Ive tried to get on with my life and spent time in the company of family, Ive tried to compose something to say in tribute to a fine bloke (you'd like him Im sure) and Ive tried to hide and distract myself by acting the maggot, drinking too much and getting argumentative on an internet forum

you know what

it counts for ****

cos whilst he's not the first person Ive lost, he wont be the last and I can tell you, it gets no ****ing easier every time it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

yuppies wrote: »
    I plan on living through the 2010's, 2020s and 2030's before worrying about that sh'it!

After that you can worry about Necrophilia.

I'll be 101. I'll be all wrinkly and old but Iwill deffo still be alive, what with increasing life expectancy and all.
    It will be SO CASH, I'll be too old to give any f*cks, I'll do whatever I want, I'll shoplift and steal cars and no one will do anything because who is going to imprison a 101 year old woman? HA HA!

You will be fecked, be sore from some nasty condition, probably not able to remember your name and not able to wipe your own arse.

The ole hips will be in a state and you will be nearly blind.

And you will still have to pay the household charge.

If you want to do something exciting and adventuress Now is the time.

You might even remember it when you are 70

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

just made the motivation for this exam im studying for go through the floor...cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I dunno.
    Something to do with these worms maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

I'm with Neil on this one...

There are not many of them, all things considered: the truly old. Even on this planet, in this age, when people consider a mere hundred years or a thousand, to be an unusual span.

There are, for example, less than ten thousand humanoid individuals alive on this planet today who have personal memories of the saber-toothed tiger, the megatherium, the cave bear.
    There are today less than a thousand who walked the streets of Atlantis.
    There are less than five hundred living humans who remember the human civilizations that predated the great lizards.
    There are roughly seventy people walking the earth, human to all appearances (and in a few cases, to all medical tests currently available), who were alive before the earth had begun to congeal from gas and dust.
    How well do you know your neighbors? Your friends? Your lovers? Walk the streets of any city, and stare carefully at the people who pass you, and wonder and know this: There are there too. The old ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Think about your parents, they are facing 2032 or 2042 death!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Why haven't the atheists jizzed on this thread yet?

It'd be mad to be born in 2092.. youd probably live to the year 2222, in time to see eamonn dunphy on an antique radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I suspect they're not arsed.

Because they realise that even non-intellectuals are atheist nowadays so the smug-factor is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Over 50% of females born in Ireland in 2010 will live to 100 or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

You will look nasty.

Well.. thats just your opinion..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

I'll be 98 then, fancy hooking up for some old people sex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Surely Aubrey de Grey will have found a way to make us all immortal by then?

I bet before that year we'll see the first robot become president of the USA. Mark my words.
    Xfactor will still be on too, with the exact same format it's had for the previous 100 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can be my toy-boy, I'll be 147.

boke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I used one of those ridiculously accurate life expectancy calculators and it told me if I die a natural death it will between 2060 to 2065 (born in 1988). That's mid 70s, I'd be happy enough with that.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

So will alot of people not conceived yet and they aren't worried

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Trust the Carousel and you will be renewed.

looksee wrote: »
    You can be my toy-boy, I'll be 147.
    I'd love to find out who the oldest boardsie. Not for a fetish or anything like that. Just curious as to who the elder of this tribe is. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Think about your parents, they are facing 2032 or 2042 death!

Mine died in 1995 and 2002. My own life expectancy is 30 years, and so is the wife's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I think I'll die of weakness in a warm bath, due to dilated vessels not pumping enough blood. at around 2060

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I'd be 100 then. Not going to happen, realistically, but not impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

I'd love to find out who the oldest boardsie. Not for a fetish or anything like that. Just curious as to who the elder of this tribe is. :)

You think your in with a chance of winning that, don't you?:D

Mech1 wrote: »
    You think your in with a chance of winning that, don't you?:D
    I'd like to think so. I'm wise beyond my years:D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Ellian wrote: »
    I'm with Neil on this one...

There are not many of them, all things considered: the truly old. Even on this planet, in this age, when people consider a mere hundred years or a thousand, to be an unusual span.

There are, for example, less than ten thousand humanoid individuals alive on this planet today who have personal memories of the saber-toothed tiger, the megatherium, the cave bear.
    There are today less than a thousand who walked the streets of Atlantis.
    There are less than five hundred living humans who remember the human civilizations that predated the great lizards.
    There are roughly seventy people walking the earth, human to all appearances (and in a few cases, to all medical tests currently available), who were alive before the earth had begun to congeal from gas and dust.
    How well do you know your neighbors? Your friends? Your lovers? Walk the streets of any city, and stare carefully at the people who pass you, and wonder and know this: There are there too. The old ones.
    How's the senility getting along?

• Advertisement
Advertisement