Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You will be Dead in 2092 everyone here

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Were a tribe now???

Tribe of gypsies maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

woodoo wrote: »
    We'll all be in nursing homes long before it dribbling, mumbling incoherently and pissing ourselves.

Will it really be that funny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Bionics! That's the way to go.

I have several prototypes ready to go and I've also have several spare internal organs in my freezer that I got on eBay.

As soon as they allow me experiment with droppings from squirrels*, I think I can increase life expectancy to 124 (but only if you have a Y or an R in your surname).

* of course by squirrels, I mean babies and by droppings I mean brain tissue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Il be 99.

Of I dont give up the fags Il live till about 60 ish, I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I'll be dead, thankfully. By 2092, the earth will be a fuel-less, overheated, post-apocalyptic mad max type wasteland, where the price of a can of petrol will be worth more than a human life. Enjoy, kiddies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

This thread will be sooooo popular in 2092!!

Hello everyone in the future!! Still paying off the debt we created I bet!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

By 2092 I'm sure there'll be some crazy medical technology that'll help extend our lives greatly. If there isin't then, ah well, just enjoy your life to the full while you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Think about your parents, they are facing 2032 or 2042 death!

Jesus, my heart just sank as that dawned on me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Being dead won't be a bad thing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Does that freak you out a little knowing you and nearly all the people you know will be dead? :(

You will be decayed and rotton . Stinking and liquid like(or dry). You may be used by a plant or insect as food. You will look nasty.

I for one am not happy with this situation and would like suggestions to avoid it.

You're probably wrong tbh, the first person who will live to 150 years old has already been born, apparently.

You will be decayed and rotton . Stinking and liquid like(or dry). You may be used by a plant or insect as food. You will look nasty.

Good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I'd only be 99. By then, we might all live to a thousand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

excuse me, Il only be a 102 then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yuppies

I'd just like to say to anyone from 2092 reading this thread ... Ha! We used up all the easy resources. Ah... pre-world war 3 life is great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

We'll all be dead by 2092?? :eek:

I blame them foreigners! Coming over here, taking our women and our jobs and our mortality. Terrible Joe, terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

The_B_Man wrote: »
    We'll all be dead by 2092?? :eek:

I blame them foreigners! Coming over here, taking our women and our jobs and our mortality. Terrible Joe, terrible.

''...and acting like they own the feckin place.....feckin Greeks!'':D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKqwEOI5MnlEUv-OITXNpFgDENh2olXDcwwk8c_Xh2UoeL2T9fhGHPIljVmw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

I'm still holding out hope that my mind will be transferable to a computer before I start losing it. Of course in reality when my human body dies, I'll be dead.

But my virtual self will think it's the original and not just a copy so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭thomasj

Does that freak you out a little knowing you and nearly all the people you know will be dead? :(

I for one am not happy with this situation and would like suggestions to avoid it.

Don't worry, I believe in reincarnation.

You will be a pufferfish and I will be a great white. Don't worry I won't take long to eat you, it'll be over in no time! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I won't be really dead, I have two boys who are far too much like me. At least one will have kids and they'll be like me too. The only thing is that I would like to be around for them to patronise me as the really old guy.

My DNA will live on until one of my descendants stop having children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I guarantee you somebody who has posted here will be alive in 2092. Whoever you are you'll have to dig up this thread and write a nice long memorial post for all the Boardsies lost along the way. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

Why haven't the atheists jizzed on this thread yet?

As the great Christopher Hitchens once said:

"I know what’s coming. I know no one beats these odds, and it’s a matter of getting used to that, and realizing that you’re expelled from your mother’s uterus as if shot from a cannon towards a barn door studded with old nail files and rusty hooks. It’s a matter of how you use up the intervening time in an intelligent and ironic way, and try not to do anything ghastly to your fellow creatures."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2092 you say, I bet we all die on 01/06/2012, Paris and Berlin will bomb the **** out of us when we say NEIN to their Investment Banker Guarantee scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i'm an Android my batteries will last for thousands of years.

I'll be dead, I'm not going to notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I plan on donating my body to Cyberdyne Systems.

T-Git

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

In 2092, Facebook will have accounts of 500 million+ dead people.

An online database for people who once were.

Anyways, I'd be 107 at that point.........advances in technology might make me see that..............though I'll be all shriveled up, 3ft high, shìtting in my nappy and think it's 1998. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I'll be 98 then, fancy hooking up for some old people sex?

IT WILL BE SO HAWT

we can scar all the young 'uns for life by posting a sex tape on the internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I hope to be dead within the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Il be 99.

Of I dont give up the fags Il live till about 60 ish, I hope.
    Nonsense. You obviously should always use a condom or make sure your partner(s) wear them to be safe. But even HIV positive patients are living full long lives nowadays. Stay positive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

im going to slow down my brain by wrapping Mr Freezes round my head. Ill live forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭FergusODowd

We won't be 'dead'. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

We won't be 'dead'. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form.
    Oh, the energy will still be around, it just won't be ... organised. It will bear as much relation to "you" as a pile of sand does to a microprocessor. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭FergusODowd

bnt wrote: »
    Oh, the energy will still be around, it just won't be ... organised. It will bear as much relation to "you" as a pile of sand does to a microprocessor. :cool:

Indeed, you will be wormfood. Ask not for whom the bell tolls . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Just one question..

Can we still be taxed when dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

**** you, I'm going to live to 104!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just one question..

Can we still be taxed when dead?

Yes, it's called inheritance tax :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I'll be 100 in 2092. And yknow, I bet I actually will live to 100. Life is a bitch that way. Keeps the depressed ones alive and suffering for as long as possible :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

My spirit will live on through the medium of farts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.
    Time to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.
    Time to die.

Nice Bladerunner quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Nice Bladerunner quote

+1, the appreciation of time makes me way way less afraid of mortality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Technically, you'll die several times in your life time. All the cells in your body replace themselves every couple of years, this includes your brain cells as far as I know. So basically all your memories were copied from your former self. You think that you've experience a continuous stream of consciousness in your life so far, but you haven't. You're just a copy, you didn't exist a few years ago.

“Body cells replace themselves every month. Even at this very moment. Most everything you think you know about me is nothing more than memories.” - Haruki Murakami

Pedant wrote: »
    Technically, you'll die several times in your life time. All the cells in your body replace themselves every couple of years, this includes your brain cells as far as I know. So basically all your memories were copied from your former self. You think that you've experience a continuous stream of consciousness in your life so far, but you haven't. You're just a copy, you didn't exist a few years ago.

“Body cells replace themselves every month. Even at this very moment. Most everything you think you know about me is nothing more than memories.” - Haruki Murakami

I find that hard to believe. Some cells certainly do die off and the body replaces them, like red blood cells and bone cells. I really doubt the whole body replaces itself though, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I find that hard to believe. Some cells certainly do die off and the body replaces them, like red blood cells and bone cells. I really doubt the whole body replaces itself though, so to speak.

no expert, but I would think it would be an incremental process. One at a time, as opposed to all at once .

• Advertisement

no expert, but I would think it would be an incremental process. One at a time, as opposed to all at once .

Of course. That goes without saying. :pac:

Still find it hard to believe. Not all body systems are designed for remodelling. I'm not saying he's wrong, I'd just like to see some evidence to prove it. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Off topic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

Apparently our bodies replace themselves about every seven years (gradually and constantly, not all at once!) Even the atoms comprising your skeleton swap with the environment and back again during your life. All this is an example of a counter-intuitive piece of knowledge that evolution hasn't equipped our brains to immediately understand.. so we see ourselves and others as coherent, unified entities, whereas in reality, from a brute physics perspective, we are transient, dis-unified, fluctuating bundles of chemicals, enmeshed within our environment, mixing back and forth with it, eating other life to sustain our perpetually decomposing bodies! From the "perspective" of the universe, we *are* the universe, not independent observers "within it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Of course we'll all be dead, they'll be knocking people off left right and center, Shur there'll be no room left.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

I will be bumping this thread in 2092 when I am still alive.

I for one think it will be possible in the future to live forever, or at least for a lot longer than we generally live for now.

However, if the time comes that my life is not worth living, I plan to take my own life -- in a peaceful way. For example, when I can no longer care for myself and have to rely on others to perform daily tasks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bombay Allee

i had time to figure out a way to live forever,
    however when my time does come, let they bury me so that i may face the rising sun :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement