Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College grants

Options
  • 03-05-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Would i be able to get a personnal grant or sign on the dole if I was to move to college.. I am not eligible for a grant as it is and my parents will not give me any money so i was wondering is there an alternative for a self sufficent student seeing as my parents will nt b playing a part in my life nymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Have you been on the dole for a year? If so speak to your Social Welfare office about applying for the BTEA. You might be able to apply for a grant - I'm sure this isn't the first time they've come across someone who's parents won't support them though college. It's won't be enough to live on mind you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 aegisisc

I agree with you.....
    Have you been on the dole for a year? If so speak to your Social Welfare office about applying for the BTEA. You might be able to apply for a grant - I'm sure this isn't the first time they've come across someone who's parents won't support them though college. It's won't be enough to live on mind you.

Advertisement