Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A week in Boston and Torronto. Things to do?

• 03-05-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I'm 20 years and am going to Boston in June. I'm going with the parents and to be honest I plan to explore the city by myself. I was just wondering about things to do for somebody my age. I have been before so I've done the main attractions.

I will probably do the Segway tour just for the craic. My brother and I were also looking at 6 flags in Springfield. Apparently it's an 90 minutes away but I don't drive so I was wondering if anybody could send me to a site that does a sort of coach ride and ticket combo, I can't find anything on the Six Flags website.

We're also driving up to Toronto for a week so if anybody knows any fun things to do up there I'd be grateful :D

Thanks in advance, Luke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Salem is very close to Boston (~1hr by train or ferry) and I LOVED it there :D Not everyone shares my enthusiasm though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If your into sports take a tour of Fenway Park and TD Garden, the tours are only around 11 dollars. I also went to a baseball game over there which I loved, I paid 75 dollars for decent seats, there is also the freedom trail which is free if you are into history and you can complete it at your own pace. I'd also recommend going on the duck tours, it can be a fun way of finding out information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    If your into sports take a tour of Fenway Park and TD Garden, the tours are only around 11 dollars. I also went to a baseball game over there which I loved, I paid 75 dollars for decent seats, there is also the freedom trail which is free if you are into history and you can complete it at your own pace. I'd also recommend going on the duck tours, it can be a fun way of finding out information.

yeah I love american football and was looking at tours of Foxborough but for some reason they don't do them? Might try Fenway park though :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Poppo4

Make sure you get out to 6Flags! One of the best theme-parks I've been to in the world! They have some awesome rollarcoasters but by far the best thing about the park is that it also has a Waterpark! So during the midday heat you can jump on one of the slides to cool down!

It is well worth the drive out! I think we paid like $27 for tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 S_Snail

To get to Springfield you get the Peter Pan bus from South Station www.peterpanbus.com

If you are driving to Toronto you will also most likely be going past Springfield

Also if you are driving up through western Mass. and need a break you could visit Old Sturbridge village or Stockbridge & the Norman Rockwell museum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The Boston harbour cruise is well the money imo. They give you lots of info about the city and the port that you don't get in guide books. There is also a half day trip that you can take to the outer banks where you can go whale watching. There are porpoises and dolphins out there too. However, it is not guaranteed that you will see them & they don't give refunds if you don't. It can get a bit rough too if the weather is bad, so probably best to avoid it if you get sea sick. The harbour cruise doesn't go out into open sea so you'd be grand on that even if your sea legs aren't the best.

Advertisement